Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

PRIDE vs UFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRIDE vs UFC

Though it was once plagued as human xxxx-fighting these new televised MMA shows are now on the rise and are becoming more popular amongst the general social public than boxing and WWE, though some can say that sometimes the way the premature stoppages and questionable conclusion/results are, it might as well be considered a component of WWE as well. But either way, which would you choose and why? Also, the high-ranked elite in each and the caliber of fighters today vs the original legends of before. Which days of the UFC were "better" and less "animated" here?

Re: PRIDE vs UFC

wwe and all those wrestling stuff is all fake and waste of time watching. The best is UFC and PRIDE FIGHTING.

Comment

By the way some of the recent events in the UFC turned out, some will equate the UFC with WWE now, especially if you take a glance at the far left seat, Vince Macmahon is there.

Comment

I was recently at the WFA show in Inglewood, where Quinton Jackson fought Matt Lindland, as well as Bas Rutten's fight. It was an awesome event and very action packed with a few lackluster fights. The competition UFC faces right now is nothing but it's good to see that the IFL (International Fight League), WFA (World Fighting Alliance) and PrideFC are making marks in the U.S. market. Because if everyone else was watching the last UFC show with Tim Sylvia and Andrew Arlovski, it was about the most boring card I have ever seen.

Speaking of boring cards, the August 17 Ultimate Fight Night card is so boring and dull it's no wonder it's free. Even PPV wise UFC put on a horrible show last time. The only fight worth watching on the UFN card is the Diego Sanches/Karo Parisyan fight. I know I will watch the others but I will not expect any world class fighters or skills.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Right. Personally, there should not be this much hype for mediocre fights and the other mundane mediocre leagues need out of the bigger picture. They just need to draft them into either one of the main mainstream leagues or discard em' else where to teach Tae-Kwon-Do to kids.

Comment

By the way, is it me or Bas Rutten is always this spectacularly exuberant because he had a long vacation and rested up well? I seriously thought he was like in the same boat as Ken Shamrock since Shamrock tremendously earned victories over Bas Rutten. Sadly, however, unlike Ken, Bas earned a victory when he returned and it was not on a count of a fluke aside from the opponent himself. He is 41 and still doing pretty well but I say it is just a matter of time before he slowly shambles into the sunset like all of the original and first pioneer fighters of the UFC: from Gracie to Shamrock to Kimo to Severn and Coutre.

Comment

there is one ufc fighter ive sen him he is a very good fighter but his name isent well known yet

Comment

Have you ever watched the self defense videos by Bas on YouTube?? He's so hilarious and at the same time deadly serious it's kinda scary. He'll be like ...

"So you at the bar and some guy puts his hand on your shoulder so you grab hime by his head AND START SLAMMING IT INTO THE BAR LIKE THIS!! .... BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!"

All while he's illustarting on some volunteer from where he trains ...

He's awesome ... the King of Pancrease (sp?) fights he's in are something to watch. Dutch right?

Comment

Originally posted by Lamb Boy
                  Have you ever watched the self defense videos by Bas on YouTube?? He's so hilarious and at the same time deadly serious it's kinda scary. He'll be like ...

"So you at the bar and some guy puts his hand on your shoulder so you grab hime by his head AND START SLAMMING IT INTO THE BAR LIKE THIS!! .... BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!"

All while he's illustarting on some volunteer from where he trains ...

He's awesome ... the King of Pancrease (sp?) fights he's in are something to watch. Dutch right?
                  Yes, he was King of Pancrase a few times I think, and also UFC heavyweight Champ.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                  X