Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hughes vs. Penn UFC 63

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes vs. Penn UFC 63

Wagers?

We should start up a point betting system like some other BB have where based on who you wager for determines if you win or lose points. You can't wager more than you have earned and everybody starts with "x" number of points. Just a thought. Keeping track of it all might be cumbersome. I wonder if we could find the odds Las Vegas sports betting venues place on the fights and tally scores according to those odds. Or we could do a poll for each fight and create our own odds. It's like fantasy betting!! That's funny!

Oh and Ortiz vs. Shamrock for FREE Oct. 10th is it? I think he's cashing in before he calls it quits. Or he's nutz ... could be either.

Oh yeah there will also be:

Swick vs. Loiseau ... hmmm dunno

Lambert vs. Evans ... Rashad has been pretty good in the last few fights I saw him in.

For the Penn - Hughes fight I'd like to go with Penn but if I were betting I might go with Hughes.

Pulver returns as well

Ortiz again ... not on the same night ya'll so don't read this wrong plz
    Last edited by Lamb Boy; 09-21-2006, 10:00 PM.

Re: Hughes vs. Penn UFC 63

ortiz vs. shamrock again?!

Comment

I know it's so ridiculous, especially considering how little time has passed since they last fought, that Dana White is giving it up for FREE this time. It'll be on the Spike network ...

Here are my choices for UFC 63

Pulver, Evans, Loiseau, and Penn

I feel really on the fence about the Loiseau-Swick fight and even more so on the Hughes-Penn bout. It would be cool to see Penn win but Hughes is nasty with a long track record. Not saying Penn doesn't have a great MMA record as well but still ... I'll try to find the odds and I'll post 'em up here ...
      Last edited by Lamb Boy; 09-22-2006, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Sorry to dbl post I tried to edit it in but I'm only allowed 250ms to edit in anything ...

Here are the "odds" from Sportbet ...

Mike Swick -145 … David Loiseau +115

Jason Lambert +175 … Rashad Evans -225

Joe Lauzon +415 … Jens Pulver -615

Gabe Rudiger +150 … Melvin Guillard -190

Roger Huerta -600 … Jason Dent +350

Mario Neto n/a … Eddie Sanchez n/a

Danny Abbadi +425 … Jorge Gurgel -650

David Lee +350 … Tyson Griffen -600

Matt Hughes -225 … BJ Penn +195

If anyone could help me make sense of all of this I would appreciate it! lol Just to make it clear I have and never would bet actual $$ on anything and I suggest that others do the same. This is just for fun much in the same vein as fantasy football I suppose.

I found these odds at Sportbet and seriously have no idea what they mean exactly. I can figure out the positive and negative aspects in regards to whom is favored to win but that's it. I always thought odds were given in a ratio format like 10:1 or something like that, so this is entirely alien to somebody who has never gambled in his life! I placed my picks before going to Sportbet to find the odds and judging by the numbers I would lose big time except for a few bouts. I didn't know Melvin was fighting I'd choose him as well. I'd have to Sherdog the others to see if I could put a face with the name. I suck with names ...

Comment

Ortiz v Shamrock is a joke. I can't believe Dana White is going through with this.

More than anything, I am pumped that Pride FC is finally coming to Vegas in Oct. although it remains to be seen how successful this enterprise will be here, with the different rules, we are at a disadvantage.

As far as Penn vs. Hughes, I don't know. This match is a mixed bag. It can go either way. Considering Hughes lost to Penn before, he will be seeking to avenge his loss. Furthermore, Hughes is at the top of his game right now and is the most dominant welterweight the sport has ever seen. It was a long time ago since Hughes lost to Penn, and although Penn has improved since then, Hughes has also improved since then and is a different fighter. It will be a very interesting match, but I think Hughes will pull it out.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

GO PRIDE GO!! I keep forgetting that they are coming to Vegas soon. PPV? If so even though I'm constantly tapped I'll purchase that as A. it will actually be worth the money not like this event churning out crap the UFC has gone crazy with in recent months and B. it's a better competition imo. Rules are better ...

Can you make sense of the odds that I got from Sportbet? Oh and what about the fantasy betting ... you hip? Say we start out with 1000pts. You go for Hughes and I'll stay with Penn! Just an idea to spice it up a bit!

Comment

I'm glad I don't gamble for real lol

I picked two winners Rashad and Melvin ... that's it. Ahhh whatever. Hope the event felt like it was worth the $40.

Comment

Originally posted by Lamb Boy
                I'm glad I don't gamble for real lol

I picked two winners Rashad and Melvin ... that's it. Ahhh whatever. Hope the event felt like it was worth the $40.
                I told you Hughes would win. And what an amazing fighter he is. Truly the most dominant welterweight to ever step in.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Yes you did tell me! Dang it ... Still Bj Gave him a run for his $$ on rounds 1 & 2. Everyones is saying BJ gassed in round three but excuses, excuses. Even with my 2 & 3 record the two I picked, one before I went to Sportbet and the other after, both won as underdogs ... Melvin and & Rashad. I really felt like Pulver should have done better than he did considering he's all world traveller and all. I'm glad Swick (sp) won. Did you watch it Anon?

Comment

Originally posted by Lamb Boy
                    Yes you did tell me! Dang it ... Still Bj Gave him a run for his $$ on rounds 1 & 2. Everyones is saying BJ gassed in round three but excuses, excuses. Even with my 2 & 3 record the two I picked, one before I went to Sportbet and the other after, both won as underdogs ... Melvin and & Rashad. I really felt like Pulver should have done better than he did considering he's all world traveller and all. I'm glad Swick (sp) won. Did you watch it Anon?
                    I'm not too thrilled about Swick. Louisseau isn't exactly the top tier fighter. And besides, the way Swick fought, Franklin would pulverize him. Let's wait and see if Franklin will be able to even handle Anderson Silva who I am favoring to win.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                    X