Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

ArmenianClub Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmenianClub Proposal

I truly believe The ArmenianClub Forum has potential to grow. There are several ways to ensure an active forum which will also grow our community of Armenian members. The following are several ideas I am proposing for the ArmenianClub Forum.

- Several moderators could be considered
    - These moderators will be in charge of moderating their respective forums
    - Increasing our bandwith for use of additional forum functions could be done by raising money for our forum
    - Assign reputation which will allow users to positive/negative rep as their reputation increases/decreases

- Additions to the forum can also be made by adding new forums
    - We can choose what forums to add by creating a poll
    - Several ideas include: News, Film & Television, Health

- Increasing the privileges of our users
    - Increasing member avatar sizes by more than 50%
    - Increasing smilies
    - Allowing links in signatures

- Adding "Veterans"
    - Active posters will be given "Veteran Privileges" which will encourage new members to stay active
    - Veterans can be granted larger avatars, access to special forums, larger user names with choice of color

I became a Moderator of ArmenianClub Forum on September 26, 2008. My objective is to help clean our forum by banning spammers and deleting/merging threads. Because of our administrators are often busy, they may consider my proposition by adding additional admins. With this change, we can help manage ArmenianClub Forum when they are away. We can also help grow the forum by working together.

The ArmenianClub Forum is one of the only Armenian message boards of its kind. By adding additional feature to the forum and working with a team of moderators and administrators, I truly believe we can grow our community. We can include much more topics which will inspire Armenians from around the world to join and remain active.
    Yes, I think these suggestions will improve the forum and make it more enjoyable
    84.62%
    No, these suggestions are not needed for our forum and do not interest me
    15.38%
    Last edited by One-Way; 09-27-2008, 12:28 PM.

Re: ArmenianClub Proposal

I like it.

Let's do it!

Comment

I think these are good ideas if you can make it happen.

Comment

It's possible.

The only reason most of this isn't being done is probably because of the cost. We don't have bigger avatars and a larger bandwith, probably because it also costs much more to maintain it.

A lot of the other things shouldn't really matter and can be done without a problem. The problem is our administrator's are too busy to keep up with the forum. Luckily, we don't have many active posters but that will cause this forum to always stay small. If I was in charge of administrating this forum, along with Anonymouse, we can definitely look into some changes.

I created and maintaining a message board several years ago which I signed away from. It's fairly active today and much larger than this forum in several ways. The beauty of it all? We haven't paid for a penny for that board. I can make some serious changes that can benefit us for almost nothing.

Comment

All this is fine and dandy, but the admins, Nimda and Siggie are MIA. I have sent them private messages to which I have yet to receive a response.

So far, all this is on the backburner.

EDIT: By the way, alot of these things require more cost for bandwidth and space, etc. I would be in favor of a voluntary member donation program where, for example, we pay money for larger avatar sizes. Or perhaps some "Platinum" membership (without the word "platinum") where members who want certain extra privileges will pay extra money.
          Last edited by Anonymouse; 08-26-2008, 03:53 PM.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
            EDIT: By the way, alot of these things require more cost for bandwidth and space, etc. I would be in favor of a voluntary member donation program where, for example, we pay money for larger avatar sizes. Or perhaps some "Platinum" membership (without the word "platinum") where members who want certain extra privileges will pay extra money.
            Exactly, none of this is free. I wasn't expecting users to pay for them because even if one or two do -- that's all the active posters we have. We'd have to raise the money elsewhere and by becoming an admin, I would make that happen.

The Hip-Hop message board I post on today started small by two friends. Now it's anything but a Hip-Hop board and it's been won awards by VH1 and such. It's continues to grow because it was able to evolve.

One thing about this forum that I have noticed is that it's neat. Everything is in place and organized. I think if we allow the forum to grow, this place will take off.

You need to water the seed in order for it to grow...

Comment

I like the forum features the way they are, but I guess I can adapt to changes if you guys want them so much.
              Last edited by jgk3; 08-26-2008, 08:24 PM.

Comment

By the way, a lot of these things require more cost for bandwidth and space, etc. I would be in favor of a voluntary member donation program where, for example, we pay money for larger avatar sizes. Or perhaps some "Platinum" membership (without the word "platinum") where members who want certain extra privileges will pay extra money.
                What if we scrap the larger avatars and keep the other stuff like +/- rep, assigning moderators, and adding new & tv/film till you guys figure out what to do about the cost for bandwidth? Also speaking of the cost, the site gets money if we click on the Google adds right? And maybe if you off center the Armenia singles add from the bottom of the page you could fit more adds down there? I don't think that would cover it but it could help some

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
                  Exactly, none of this is free. I wasn't expecting users to pay for them because even if one or two do -- that's all the active posters we have. We'd have to raise the money elsewhere and by becoming an admin, I would make that happen.

The Hip-Hop message board I post on today started small by two friends. Now it's anything but a Hip-Hop board and it's been won awards by VH1 and such. It's continues to grow because it was able to evolve.

One thing about this forum that I have noticed is that it's neat. Everything is in place and organized. I think if we allow the forum to grow, this place will take off.

You need to water the seed in order for it to grow...
                  I love the sense community this place fosters.
                  Last edited by Anonymouse; 09-27-2008, 01:56 PM.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

I love the sense of community this place fosters.
                    Definitely.

I think there are so many upgrades we can bring into this situation which benefit us all. We don't have a lot of trouble getting people to come by this forum. As you can tell, we have a lot of users signing up every day. The simple fact is they don't stay active. This place looks exactly like it did when I first signed up. In a way, that's nice, but realistically, it's very bad.
                    Last edited by Anonymouse; 09-27-2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X