Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Movses banned? Winoman banned? Who's next? Oh ME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movses banned? Winoman banned? Who's next? Oh ME!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Movses was banned for making that thread which I wholeheartedly agree with? Winoman was banned/suspended for God knows what? What's wrong with you people? Have you heard of FREEDOM OF SPEECH?? What is this place turning into? The Islamic Republic of Iran? Such a shame... You might as well ban me, which you will after you read this thread (and then closing it)! We literally have 7 Armenian active members and 17 turks! Who cares if they wanna bash the Jews... it's an internet forum! Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The forum is NOT SERVING ITS PURPOSE!

Originally posted by CatWoman
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Movses was banned for making that thread which I wholeheartedly agree with? Winoman was banned/suspended for God knows what? What's wrong with you people? Have you heard of FREEDOM OF SPEECH?? What is this place turning into? The Islamic Republic of Iran? Such a shame... You might as well ban me, which you will after you read this thread (and then closing it)! We literally have 7 Armenian active members and 17 turks! Who cares if they wanna bash the Jews... it's an internet forum! Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The forum is NOT SERVING ITS PURPOSE!
    With winoman, the moderator was absolutely right...winoman's posts are always hateful and violent when he disagrees with someone and his violations are numerous.

Other posters, however, have been banned with no warnings, no temporary banning, just bye forever. You just noticed? It's been going on for a couple of weeks now. When it was turks, it was one thing, but banning Armenians

But I presented my case by PM.
    Last edited by Ani_; 08-01-2005, 09:20 PM.
    Armenian, isn't one account enough for you?

Comment

I liked winoman's posts and I liked Movses' posts. Well, winoman was animated and angry in few cases, most of them against turks and most of them fully deserved. Heck I've been quite rude to turks many times. But [personally] in his posts I saw a person with a passion for his people and nation. That right there should guard him from getting kicked out of this forum. With, Movses, it is also a complete mystery. He never uttered a hateful word, just his ideas and opinions. Again, if Armenians can't freely share their ideas on an Armenian forum, where in the hell can they.

Rather than banning Armenian members for their opinons, I would have liked to have seen more content control and focusing on the part of mods, like instituting a "diversity of posts" rule. For example: after N number of posts of Jews' role in the AG in a week, only different topics will be allowed. That way, we're not flooded with posts on Jews. This would not be in the spirit of control of speech or opinions, but of focusing information for our limited-span attentions.
      Last edited by karoaper; 08-01-2005, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
        Rather than banning Armenian members for their opinons, I would have liked to have seen more content control and focusing on the part of mods. For example, instituting a "diversity of posts" rule. For example: after N number of posts of Jews' role in the AG in a week, only different topics will be allowed. That way, we're not flooded with posts on Jews. This would not be in the spirit of control of speech or opinions, but of focusing information for our limited-span attentions.
        That sounds like a great plan but unfortunately it would be impossible for the mods to enforce. Don't forget mods are mostly regular members themselves who can't dedicate their entire lives 24/7 to moderating. Also, typically there is just soooooooooooo many posts that it is impossible to read and keep track of it all.

The other thing to also keep in mind is that the moderators see and realize a lot of things that regular people won't get to see. They also remove certain posts and threads before they are seen by all the regular members. So even though certain decisions may seem rash or unjustified, most likely there were very good reasons for them.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
          I liked winoman's posts and I liked Movses' posts. Well, winoman was animated and angry in few cases, most of them against turks and most of them fully deserved. Heck I've been quite rude to turks many times. But [personally] in his posts I saw a person with a passion for his people and nation. That right there should guard him from getting kicked out of this forum. With, Movses, it is also a complete mystery. He never uttered a hateful word, just his ideas and opinions. Again, if Armenians can't freely share their ideas on an Armenian forum, where in the hell can they.
          I don't agree about Winoman. He wasn't just angry with the Turks, he was angry with anyone that didn't see things gis way. He as always rude aggressive insulting and violent with people that he didn't agree with and that's why he was banned. The only passion I saw in any of his posts was a passion for all things Jewish, not Armenian. I don't know if you noticed, but I'm not the only one who noticed he is a hypocrite of the worst kind and he's constantly lying. The stuff is all over the forum so I really don't know how you can miss it. I don't know why Movses was banned either, because there is nothing to indicate why he was banned. No warning no nothing.

Rather than banning Armenian members for their opinons, I would have liked to have seen more content control and focusing on the part of mods, like instituting a "diversity of posts" rule. For example: after N number of posts of Jews' role in the AG in a week, only different topics will be allowed. That way, we're not flooded with posts on Jews. This would not be in the spirit of control of speech or opinions, but of focusing information for our limited-span attentions.
          Forget about it. Some mods think they have too much work to do as it is. There is nothing wrong with the forum itself. The problem is a few people that only want to hear themselves talk and want everything their way because they have it all figured out and everyone has to follow them and accept their ideas because they are from the "real" world. Anyway, the hell with the Jews and what anyone thinks about us discussing the Jews and here's what really pisses me off about these hypocrites. They come into every single thread that they claim they are not interested in and they start posting utter nonsense. What they are actually trying to do is impose their ideas on everyone else and silence anyone why has ideas of his own and this is something that no one should have to put up with. In other words, if people aren't interested in something, no one is forcing them to read it. I could just as easily go all over the forum and do exactly what the two clowns do and harrass everyone and disrupt their discussion with lies and insults from one end and asinine comments from the other and I'm so sure they'll appreciate someone comming into their discussion and telling them what they should or should not talk about. All this recent trouble was caused by Winoman and his sidekick fighting with every Armenian here to defend the Jews. Why the hell don't these two hang at a Jew site if they like the Jews so much and want to be like them!? So if they want to ban me too, I don't give a s*it if all this place is good for is defending the Jews no matter what.

Comment

Wasn't winoman just suspended for three days?

Comment

I've said it countless times to those of you who have sent private messages.
              We aren't interested in defending Jews and we aren't interested in silencing or censoring people.
              We are simply trying to preserve this as a place where people, primarily Armenians, can come to interact with [other] Armenians, talk about Armenia, Armenian culture, etc and feel welcome to do so.

When a particular topic cannot be discussed in a civil way and is changing the entire atmosphere of the forum, we don't really have another choice, but to ask that that topic not be discussed.
              We pleaded with people already to be civil, mature, and tolerant of others' opinions, but that hasn't happened.

The people most of you have seen be banned are the same 2 or 3 folks that are recreating accounts.
              As for people being banned without warning... If someone just registers and says "I read your rules, but f*ck you and your rules, I'm gonna do what I want." they're going to banned. They're coming here with no respect for anyone.
              Would you let someone like that in your house?

This is a privately operated website. Freedom of speech doesn't extend here. If what said violates the rules, there are going to warnings, suspensions, or bannings. If you read the rules, most of them are there in the interest of the other members here.

Sip is right. Moderators see a great deal that isn't visible to everyone else. Please trust that we are making decisions in the best interest of this forum and its members.
              [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
              -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
                Wasn't winoman just suspended for three days?
                Yes, he was.
                [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by CatWoman
                  ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Movses was banned for making that thread which I wholeheartedly agree with?
                  He was banned for joining and then the next day creating a thread in which he said he didn't care what the rules were, he wasn't going to follow them. That isn't his decision to make and it's a little audacious coming from someone who has been a member all of one day.

Winoman was banned/suspended for God knows what?
                  Winoman was banned for very inappropriate posts he made that were deleted. You didn't see them because they were deleted.

Comment

I have seen what has been going on and some people aren't being completely honest here.

This is what Movses actually wrote (unless there is something else I misses or was sent by PM).

I Protest!

Why is it that I see some members get instantly banned with no warning or anything and please spare me the crap about "rules" and other such total BS, because we're not blind and we can see where certain members get at least one warning and others get two warnings and then get only three days off while the others get banned permanently without even one warning.

So what's the deal? Are some rules more sacred than others? Is violently attacking Armenians less of a crime than criticizing the Jews? It sure looks that way to me.

BTW, I'm not interested in this PM thing either. If I have something to say, I will say it right here in the open and if you have something to say, say it right here so everyone can see what's really going on.
                    But we are told that Movses said something else.

"I read your rules, but f*ck you and your rules, I'm gonna do what I want."
                    Can you please show us where Movses wrote this?
                    "that was the renegade Hebrew (donmeh) of Salonika, Talaat, the principal organizer of the massacres and deportations," Rafael De Nogales. Four Years Beneath the Crescent. 1926. p.27

Comment

Working...
                    X