Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and Byzantium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia and Byzantium

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
    Armanen, he is not going to be in tuned to what you are saying. Although Merv is Serbian by ethnicity, he is protestant by faith. Protestants are essentially Jews - for Jesus. I hope Merv does not take offense to what I just said. Nonetheless, Biblical Hebrews were most probably descents of Anatolian Hubaru and Hurri tribes. This fact is attested to by early Hebrew sacred folklore placing their ethno-genesis more-or-less in the Armenian Highlands. Modern Jews are not direct descendants of the ancient Hebrews.
    This isn't the topic of the thread, which was supposed to Armenia/Byzantium and then somehow derailed into Turkish hygeneic practices. Even if you think the ancient Hebrews weren't Semitic and were in fact Armenian-related (something I think is not quite true, although Abraham did originate from southeastern Mesopotamia), there can be no denying that the Hebrews who wrote the text of the Old Testament were culturally Semitic and the Hebrew language is of course Semitic. These people had pretty strict rules on hygeine, as did the ancient Indus and Nile civilizations. The fact that the Turks of the present day have awful hygeinic practices may have more to do with Islam. Ironically, Islam demands "washing" of the bottom, but if this is done in a minimalist ceremonial way (such as wiping with a thin wet piece of paper and then not washing the hands), this is much dirtier than more civilized people who's religion may not make such "cleanliness" demands but who are much more thorough due to questions of health and frank disgust.

As for xxxs for Jesus - I am not one of them. xxxs for Jesus are former xxxs who converted to Christianity. And yes, they exist, as I've met several of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
      Interesting point. Actually, some Jews do look like Armenians, in my opinion. So, could this (what you mentioned above) possibly be a reason why some Jews look like Armenians???
      Setting aside the inbred and/or the mixed ones amongst them, most ethnically pure Jews look 'very' Armenian. This is because their ancestors originated in Asia Minor and are related to Hittites, Hurrians and perhaps the Kurds. I will post a thread in the "intellectual" section that addresses this topic.

Originally posted by Merv View Post
      This isn't the topic of the thread, which was supposed to Armenia/Byzantium and then somehow derailed into Turkish hygeneic practices. Even if you think the ancient Hebrews weren't Semitic and were in fact Armenian-related (something I think is not quite true, although Abraham did originate from southeastern Mesopotamia), there can be no denying that the Hebrews who wrote the text of the Old Testament were culturally Semitic and the Hebrew language is of course Semitic. These people had pretty strict rules on hygeine, as did the ancient Indus and Nile civilizations. The fact that the Turks of the present day have awful hygeinic practices may have more to do with Islam. Ironically, Islam demands "washing" of the bottom, but if this is done in a minimalist ceremonial way (such as wiping with a thin wet piece of paper and then not washing the hands), this is much dirtier than more civilized people who's religion may not make such "cleanliness" demands but who are much more thorough due to questions of health and frank disgust. As for xxxs for Jesus - I am not one of them. xxxs for Jesus are former xxxs who converted to Christianity. And yes, they exist, as I've met several of them.
      You are right. This thread is not the place for this discussion. I will post a thread addressing the topic regarding Hebrew origins. And I was being metaphorical when I said Protestants are Jews for Jesus. In my opinion, Protestants do not have within their understanding of Christianity any of the pre-Christian theosophies that have shaped the traditional Churches. As a result, Protestants derive their theosophies exclusively from Hebraic tradition which makes them very 'Judaic' in faith. I am no fan of Protestants, especially the American denominations of the faith, but I like you
      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry, but this is pathetic and embarrassing.

Armenian and Greek clergymen scuffle in Jerusalem

Armenian clergymen and laymen engaged in a scuffle with Greek Orthodox clergymen during the Holy Palm Sunday ceremony in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem on April 20. According to participants of the ceremony, a Greek clergyman, who, according to the status-quo, has no right to be present in the site of the Holy Sepulchre during the Armenian procession, was present there and as a result was forced out. The Israeli Police was quick to respond by calling tens of their men in order to allow the Greek clergyman to return to his post, an action which led to deterioration of the situation. Two Armenians were arrested once the procession was over, which led to a protest by the Armenians in front of the police station (next to the Armenian Convent of St. James) till the two were released. Meanwhile, one of participants of the ceremony, Apo Sahagian told PanARMENIAN.Net that “when the Armenian priests entered Christ’s grave (which is part of the sermon) they were surprised to see an Israeli cop and a Greek priest.” “While the Greek priest left the grave, a struggle broke out between the cop (whom called backup) and the Armenian clergyman and civilians. The police did use violence against the clergyman, and did threaten many civilians during the scuffle. Many Armenian clergymen and civilians intervened to end the fight, which they successfully did. However, the police still threatened to arrest the Armenians, especially many young men,” Apo Sahagian said in his message. He said he and his father Serop Sahagian “were taken into custody and were released after one and a half hours of interrogation.”

Source: http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=25807

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

It seems that the Greek clergymen think they are the top Christians in jerusalem or something. I agree, both sides should realize how childish and non Christian their behavior is, I mean what they are fighting over is so marginal really.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
            It seems that the Greek clergymen think they are the top Christians in jerusalem or something. I agree, both sides should realize how childish and non Christian their behavior is, I mean what they are fighting over is so marginal really.
            Byzantine mentalities...

Նժդեհ

Comment

Originally posted by MUSTANG 65
              one incident cant be generalized to label all greek clergy men as iarrogants..both side could have its misinterprations on the matter to beginwith....
              OK, that's very nice. Now go out and find Greek "clergy men" that recognize and/or respect the Armenian Church.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
              X