Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and Dagestan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia and Dagestan

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
    Aghvans (Caucasian Albanians) were closest ethnos to Armenians in all history. In one period of history Aghvank (Albania) was part of Armenian Kingdom.
    And what nation is Aghvans now?

Yeah, not all people were Armenians. Urartu consisted of several tribes. Maybe it was predominately Armenians (or Armenian tribes), but not all of them.

That said, it reminded me of Nakhichevan. Nah people (like Ingushs) have something to do with it. I think they lived there or something, but later migrated to where they live now to survive. I don't remember much about it, but there is some kind of connection. Perhaps someone can remind me?
    Last edited by ervand; 07-12-2009, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Where do these ideas of ancient connections between Armenians and other Caucasian groups come from anyway Ervand? I know a lot of people talk in a folk way (not based on archaeological, linguistic or any kind of anthropological data) about how different races are related. In the past before the time of nations, when we were still all tribes interacting with tribes, perhaps these folk stories had some reasonable basis for being valid, as the tribes would agree with eachother about their mutual history.

But today, these folk stories told by modern people don't strike me as very reliable, they neglect the anthropological data that has been collected concerning the past. Instead, they tend to connect the dots of history in their own traditional fashion, or whatever way is trendy for them at the time.

I understand how Caucasians and proto-Armenians interacted with eachother in pre-history, but to make claims that we were all tightly knit in Urartu is a stretch, especially considering how little we know about the inhabitants of Urartu and that the only reason you get to entertain yourself with the idea of Urartu is thanks to the kind of serious work done by excavators and linguists. It is all too easy for one not acquainted with the actual scholarship on Urartu, which in itself is a mishmash of actual data and mere speculation that can be very shaky, to take the name of Urartu and a couple of 'facts' published about it, and tell a historical story about it according to their whims.

The case would be a bit different if we had an abundant source of artistic literature from the Urartian period that could give us a clearer picture of what the people there actually were like, but unfortunately, we only have religious inscriptions and royal records about wars, commerce, inventory, etc...
      Last edited by jgk3; 07-12-2009, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
        Where do these ideas of ancient connections between Armenians and other Caucasian groups come from anyway Ervand?
        Armenian and Georgian Historian opened and checked their national Archives. That's what they figured. Don't blame me for what they figured

Comment

Originally posted by ervand View Post
          Armenian and Georgian Historian opened and checked their national Archives. That's what they figured. Don't blame me for what they figured
          And do you have any sources that back up your claim because what you are telling is the first time I'm hearing of. And I agree with JGK3 that you are wrong.

Comment

I know wikipedia isn't always reliable source, but the sources are listed

According to The Georgian Chronicles and The History of Armenia Togarmah lived in Babylon who received the land between two Seas (Black Sea and Caspian Sea) and two Mountains (Mount Elbrus and Mount Ararat) in his possession when people started division of lands and migration in different parts of the world. He then settled near Mount Ararat and divided his land among his sons: [1] [2]
            and the two sources are:

The Georgian Chronicles by Leonti Mroveli

"The History of Armenia" by Moses of Chorene

After all I had my cousin call to Armenia (to her mother, my aunt) to verify this information. She is a historian.

Comment

And what nation is Aghvans now?
              They do not exist anymore, like many other ancient people they are just gone...

That said, it reminded me of Nakhichevan. Nah people (like Ingushs) have something to do with it. I think they lived there or something, but later migrated to where they live now to survive. I don't remember much about it, but there is some kind of connection. Perhaps someone can remind me?
              That is the bigest bullxxxx I ever have herd... Nakhitchevan is an pure Armenian name and has nothing to do with ingushes...

Comment

So I supose this archives were always "closed" ? LOL

So they just opened them and "figured out" ? ))))

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Togarmah
                  I know wikipedia isn't always reliable source, but the sources are listed

and the two sources are:

The Georgian Chronicles by Leonti Mroveli

"The History of Armenia" by Moses of Chorene

After all I had my cousin call to Armenia (to her mother, my aunt) to verify this information. She is a historian.
                  I see you have very reliable sources, especially your aunt.. She must be the biggest authority in Caucasian anthropology I suppose.

...)))
                  Last edited by Mukuch; 07-13-2009, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Mukuch
                    You comments are fun, but my aunt isn't the most reliable source on a planet ofcourse. Yet she is a historian, that' who we learn history from am I not right?

I don't know where the opened them. Not too long ago, but that's what I read. Sorry, I don't have the original source. If you want, just ignore it.

Nahichevan - I am telling you, I just don't remember what connection it has, but there is some kind of connection. I just can't remember to what extent. It could be very little, do be screaming =) =)

As of other resources? What's up with two books on Georgian and Armenian history? If you don't like that, what else can I offer? Sorry, but a special research on a topic by lead historians of the world does not exist yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
                      They do not exist anymore, like many other ancient people they are just gone...

That is the bigest bullxxxx I ever have herd... Nakhitchevan is an pure Armenian name and has nothing to do with ingushes...
                      I read somewhere that chechens (!) claim descent directly from Noah and that Nakhichevan is from chechen language.

People without culture, history or morals will try to steal and hi-jack a culture, a history from others.

Comment

Working...
                      X