Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Origins of the Armenian peoples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitelotus ryan you quoted me, but what did you respond with ? i dont see anything.

I did it got cut off Lilly. Anonymouse is trying to attempt to bend history to his own agenda. He should not try to pin political labels on me because of my perspective and facts I have included. History education in America in hands should be a little more than a JEWwash-- and I know that by his theory he appointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod I did it got cut off Lilly. Anonymouse is trying to attempt to bend history to his own agenda. He should not try to pin political labels on me because of my perspective and facts I have included. History education in America in hands should be a little more than a JEWwash-- and I know that by his theory he appointed.
      By the "theory" I appoint?

Listen Numbrod, you come to the forums, which is not the profiles, and you attempt to try to join discussions using methods that would get a high school student an F with your gross assumptions and distortions to fit into whatever ego driven slant you have going on.

What "theory" am I appointing? The fact that no one is "pure" and "nationalism" and "nation" is based on false claims? Guess what, the same "theory" I am appointing, which you call Jewish influenced, applies to Jews and Israel as well, since they have no claim to that land aside from the Bible, which doesn't mention anything called a "Jew" since this is a relatively modern term, surfacing AFTER Shakespeare, the Bible only refers to Hebrews. Jews are not Hebrews.

You never attempt to discuss any of the topics, instead you get into a copy and paste frenzy and attempt to "prove" whatever it is that you're out to prove. So what if "Armenians" descended from "Hittites". Those people who are "Armenians" that descended from "Hittites" didn't call themselves so, in fact we have no idea since they had no written language, our best shot is a guess. Furthermore, only with the perspective of hindsight are we able to tell these things and give them labels such as "Armenian". I cannot see where you are trying to go with this, maybe to give claims to Armenian lands, or some sort of superiority that we were "the most ancient ones" or "civilization started from Armenians". The "theory" I am appointing applies to all people since no one is "pure" and throughout time people have mixed and changed, so the past is not necessarily the determining factor of what the future will be. I have already come to terms that "Armenians" will disappear, and that just because during Tigran the Great Armenia was from sea to sea, isn't a justification for Armenia to be so today, in other words because it was so ages ago under a different time, doesn't mean we can use that as a measuring stick to have all the lands returned to us since those "Armenians" under Tigran were far more different than the "Armenians" that we are now, and ultimatley this is what leads me to a unpopular stance with Armenians since I don't want "lands back" if Turkey admits to the Genocide. Too many Armenians are caught in this little hurdle. Nations, people, and boundaries change, since history is not a point in time, it is a process.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse By the "theory" I appoint?

Listen Numbrod, you come to the forums, which is not the profiles, and you attempt to try to join discussions using methods that would get a high school student an F with your gross assumptions and distortions to fit into whatever ego driven slant you have going on.

What "theory" am I appointing? The fact that no one is "pure" and "nationalism" and "nation" is based on false claims? Guess what, the same "theory" I am appointing, which you call Jewish influenced, applies to Jews and Israel as well, since they have no claim to that land aside from the Bible, which doesn't mention anything called a "Jew" since this is a relatively modern term, surfacing AFTER Shakespeare, the Bible only refers to Hebrews. Jews are not Hebrews.

You never attempt to discuss any of the topics, instead you get into a copy and paste frenzy and attempt to "prove" whatever it is that you're out to prove. So what if "Armenians" descended from "Hittites". Those people who are "Armenians" that descended from "Hittites" didn't call themselves so, in fact we have no idea since they had no written language, our best shot is a guess. Furthermore, only with the perspective of hindsight are we able to tell these things and give them labels such as "Armenian". I cannot see where you are trying to go with this, maybe to give claims to Armenian lands, or some sort of superiority that we were "the most ancient ones" or "civilization started from Armenians". The "theory" I am appointing applies to all people since no one is "pure" and throughout time people have mixed and changed, so the past is not necessarily the determining factor of what the future will be. I have already come to terms that "Armenians" will disappear, and that just because during Tigran the Great Armenia was from sea to sea, isn't a justification for Armenia to be so today, in other words because it was so ages ago under a different time, doesn't mean we can use that as a measuring stick to have all the lands returned to us since those "Armenians" under Tigran were far more different than the "Armenians" that we are now, and ultimatley this is what leads me to a unpopular stance with Armenians since I don't want "lands back" if Turkey admits to the Genocide. Too many Armenians are caught in this little hurdle. Nations, people, and boundaries change, since history is not a point in time, it is a process.

"Listen Numbrod" real college-bound maturity there. I am not saying we are "pure" or anything. Frankly, no one is pure and I really do not see what your motive is with something I did not say. I do NOT understand why that will not penetrate through your thick skull. Et al YES, I am not disagreeing with you. But we go by what we are mostly, I have said that over and over-- I am a broken record player now-- If you are 60% Chinese and only 40% Irish then you TECHNICALLY are CHINESE. We do not measure in such detailed specific terms. IF you put it into your dull-underestimation and calculations NO ONE is anything. There exists not White or Yellow or Red or any race. You have managed once again to turn what I said into your regurgitated propoganda that you were brainwashed with. I will repeat once again in case you were stunned by that UCLA weed smoke: I AM NOT SAYING WE ARE ALL PURE. Pure means 100% one fixed identity. I do not think ANYONE anywhere has that. Save your bickerings with all of this detailed facts and apply it to where it belongs. What I am saying is (PAY ATTENTION) we are the descendents of those ancient tribes. Meaning THAT IS WHERE WE COME FROM. In case you forgot, this is a DISCUSSION and a learning process about ARMENIANS and who we are. No one was ranting about how "great" or "terrible" we are. This is why many Armenians are the way they are because you get all caught up with two total contrary things at the same time and you try to intercede it with your "professor s" theory while trying to conceal your tainted views by including the rest of the bunch (such as the JEWS into a category that puts them to shame.) WE ALREADY KNEW THAT. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT. WHAT I WAS IMPLYING was that their FORCE of propoganda is far greater than what your little miniscule mind can bare. Still as of today they deny that they crucified Christ. They reply "It was the Romans." As for your "copy and paste" Well I was just trying to PROVE by highlighting the information and sources of where I retrieved them and you really need to learn to compare and INTERACT with some of your material. Also, if you are to believe what you have "learned" then why do we care to acknowledge any RACE or ethnicity? Such as those listed on standardized tests and else where? It says "Check one of the following" then it shows a list of different races: White Black etc. Why check any of those" Well maybe a better way to sum it up in your fashion is "We do not really know how do we know????" See, you have no valid arguments either way because what you are addressing does not cover 100% of anything else either whether it be the "bible" or any anthropological evidence. We have established everything so far that historians have managed to DIG UP and discover. Still as of today the EXACT origins and lifestyle of "Armenians" is far too complicated to investigate to give a conrete answer to, for anyone.

One final time I will say this so that we are clear: THE BIBLE SAYS THAT WHOLE REGION SPOKE AND ACCEPTED ONE LANGUAGE : Aramai. Therefore, take your petty "that descended from "Hittites" didn't call themselves so, in fact we have no idea since they had no written language, our best shot is a guess. " elsewhere since that lost it s vitality.

My goal (just so you would stop presuming things I have never indicated): To be as clear as possible as to who we are why we are and how we are. There is "nationalistic" ego boasts because we are not here to verse against other ethnicities. If we or I better yet, want to learn some credible tactics on appearing "superior" I will give you a call since you proudly throw your hat into that sort of thing. On a final note, I would appreciate it if you would stop jumbling up facts together against me just to mold this into some "positive" cause. Nations are what we make them, PERIOD end of story. As for the rest of that information you have managed to once again facilitate, TELL US something we do not know and stop trying to conjure up facts to fix and create this "holy wiseman" identity to yourself.

Comment

If "race" and or "nations" do not matter and since you really neglect to see their importance then tell me where BLACKS came from (African-Americans.) I will determine your what your actual goal is based upon your response.

Comment

Despite all of that, tell me this: why do you (knowing what you know) consider yourself a fixed ethnicity? Why call yourself Armenian? Why call yourself anything for that matter? You don't know. How do you know you are Armenian? Remember? That "region has been invaded and conquered by many people."Well ok, that means for all we know we could be Assyrians or even Arabs or even TURKS or even MONGOLS( those tribes cannot be mongrels remember?.) And you know, it s funny that you mention a function that you are familiar with, "copy paste." Let me guess, you were "high" on that one as well? I think I speak for everyone who witnessed that when I say you really jump to too many conclusions without assessing proper historical significance.

Comment

Anon you are an unpatriotic piece of crap. take your liberal "love everyone, history doesnt matter" bullxxxx somewhere else please. i didnt expect this from you.
              Last edited by TJ; 01-06-2004, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian Anon you are an unpatriotic piece of crap. take your liberal "love everyone, history doesnt matter" bullxxxx somewhere else please. i didnt expect this from you.
                Shut up you turd tossing tard.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod Despite all of that, tell me this: why do you (knowing what you know) consider yourself a fixed ethnicity? Why call yourself Armenian? Why call yourself anything for that matter? You don't know. How do you know you are Armenian? Remember? That "region has been invaded and conquered by many people."Well ok, that means for all we know we could be Assyrians or even Arabs or even TURKS or even MONGOLS( those tribes cannot be mongrels remember?.) And you know, it s funny that you mention a function that you are familiar with, "copy paste." Let me guess, you were "high" on that one as well? I think I speak for everyone who witnessed that when I say you really jump to too many conclusions without assessing proper historical significance.
                  Please refer to my "The Armenian Nation" Thread for an explanation.

I am Armenian, because I speak the language and out of English, the broken Russian, and Armenian that I know, Armenian is what I speak in my conscience to myself.

In learning a language we are imbued with a way of thinking and expressing thoughts predetermined by that language. So by choosing Armenian as my rallying point and main language, I am ipso facto Armenian.

This is my post in my thread.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Essentially this is my problem, and the whole reason I started this thread...namely that there is an Armenian nation and its for the Armenian people who are descendents of either Hayk, or Hayasa, or whatever tribes you can think of. This is ahistorical for it ignores history. This little graph will perhaps convey what I am trying to say.

R=Roman
                  P=Persian
                  A=Arabic
                  G=Greek
                  M=Mongol
                  Ru=Russian
                  As=Assyrian

Hayk --------R--------- G---------- A ----------Ru-------------
                  Hayasa ---------------------------------------------------------------Present
                  Tribes,etc. -------------As------- P----------- M--------------

Do you see what I am trying to get it? We may have a straight line and say "We descended from Hayk, etc.", but that doesn't take into account all the shifts, and changes of history. Maybe I descended from a Greek, and you from an Arab, and he from a Assyrian, but what we had in common is adopting Armenian as the dominant language form. Thus that is the problem with nationalism in that it projects itself into the past and says "we descended from this". Well maybe so, but no one stays pure, especially not in that region of the Caucasus.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

i know im entering this discussion a bit too late, but of my knowledge and study of history we are the descendant of Noahs son hapet's son's Torkom, who's son was Haig.

this is why we are also called Torkomia Tzegh.. the race of Torkom. yes we have always inhabited the Armenian mountainous region and sadly the ancient history taught these days fail to mention the Armenian's role in history.

Armenia was known to be the land of the gods as mentioned in the epic of Gilgamesh, wher gilgamesh travels to the land where the gods meet to find the tree of life, and he was going to Armenia. We beleived in the god Ar as the highest deity who was the sun god.. hence why we are also known to be the aryan race
                    Ar- sun god yan (the son of)
                    the list goes on and if needed i will continue...

Comment

wooow
                      Vrej is back!
                      I was going through some old threads the other day, and I read your posts. you were a good part of our forum family.
                      welcome back!

Comment

Working...
                      X