Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Great Inventions of Azerbaijani Wikipedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great Inventions of Azerbaijani Wikipedia

And the biggest lie of them all:

Comment

Irevan, ancient Turkic name

İrəvan - Qədim Azərbaycan torpağı. Bu gün Ermənistan Respublikasının paytaxtıdır.

İrəvan şəhərinin adı tarixi mənbələrdə Erəvan, Erivan formalarında qeyd edilir. İrəvan toponimi türk dilində “kişi”, “igid” mənasını verən “ir” türk etnonimi ilə “ölkə”, “yer”, “kənd”, “şəhər” mənası daşıyan "avan" sözü əsasında əmələ gəlib “igidlər ölkəsi” mənasını ifadə edir. Ermənilər isə əsassız bir şəkildə İrəvan (Yerevan) toponimini Nuh peyğəmbərin adı ilə bağlayaraq erməni mənşəli toponim olduğunu iddia edirlər.
      http://az.wikipedia.org/wiki/İrəvan
      Irevan - Ancient Azerbaijani land. The capital of modern-day Republic of Armenia.

Irevan city's name is recorded in historical sources in form of Erevan or Erivan. The word Irevan is a Turkic toponym, with the turkic ethnonym "Ir" taking the meaning of "man" or "bold/brave" and "-avan" taking the meaning of "state," "place," "city," meaning the "city of bold men." Armenians, on the other hand, in a baseless fashion, attribute Irevan (Yerevan) to the name of Noah in order to come to the conclusion that it's a name that originated from Armenian.
      [I could just picture her saying this while feeling intelligent]

~

Well, apart from the invention of words that don't exist to make up for the baselessness of their claims, and the utter distortion of what Armenians traditionally claimed, at least they got one part right: Yerevan is the city of bold, brave men

On a side note, Irevan is just a different pronunciation of the same name (Yerevan, Erevan, Erivan, Eriwan, Revan, Rewan, Erebuni). Armenians pronounce it Yerevan, and Persians/Azeris pronounced it Irevan 200 years ago (Azeris started calling it Irevan again recently, to my knowledge, for political purposes). It's not a name invented by Armenians, since their "turkic" version is just a variant of the same name! Plus, the ancient Armenian explanation of the name (which Armenians don't agree with anymore), in which Noah said, "Yerevats!" looking at the territory of what became Yerevan after the ark landed, makes more sense than inventing words, at least for me it does.

However, we all know that Yerevan/Erevan/Erivan comes from Urartian (whether it's from Erebuni or Èri-buni meaning the land of the Èrs).
      Last edited by SevSpitak; 01-01-2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

While you are all having an easy laugh at wikipedia.az sillyness, the main propaganda machine - wikipedia.org - proceeds unchecked. If you consider Wikipedia to be important, is it too much like hard work for Armenians to get off their backsides and add TRUTHFUL material there?

For example, compare and contrast:

Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Well thats also my complain bell,well spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
            While you are all having an easy laugh at wikipedia.az sillyness, the main propaganda machine - wikipedia.org - proceeds unchecked. If you consider Wikipedia to be important, is it too much like hard work for Armenians to get off their backsides and add TRUTHFUL material there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_wine
            You make a good point there. I tried making a thread to get us to discuss Wikipedia articles, but no one seemed interested. We definitely need to put more effort in Wikipedia > the first place people check for information these days.

But hey, this thread is for xxxxs and giggles, to sit back and enjoy some Azerbaijani comedy after the hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_wine

Some consolation for Wine drinking Cat
              The world's earliest known wine-making facility is discovered in Armenia, archaeologists say.

'Oldest known wine-making facility' found in Armenia

The world's earliest known wine-making facility has been discovered in Armenia, archaeologists say.

A wine press and fermentation jars from about 6,000 years ago were found in a cave in the south Caucasus country.

Co-director of the excavation Gregory Areshian, of the University of California, Los Angeles, said it was the earliest example of complete wine production.

The findings were announced by the National Geographic Society.

They have been published in the online edition of the Journal of Archaeological Science.

The facility was uncovered in the mountains of south-east Armenia. The same area was the site of the discovery of the oldest known leather shoe, dated to about 5,500 years ago.

Inside the cave, the international team of archaeologists found a shallow basin, measuring about 1m (3ft) across, that was positioned to drain into a deep vat.

The basin could have served as a wine press where people stomped the grapes with their feet, Mr Areshian said.

The team also found grape seeds, the remains of pressed grapes and dozens of dried vines.

'Domesticated' vines

The seeds were from the same type of grapes - Vitis vinifera vinifera - still used to make wine today.

The wine-making facility was surrounded by graves and the team says the wine may have been intended for ceremonial use.

Mr Areshian said that already-know evidence of wine drinking pre-dates the Armenian facility.

"The evidence argues convincingly for a wine-making facility," said Patrick McGovern, scientific director of the Biomolecular Archaeology Laboratory at the University of Pennsylvania Museum in Philadelphia, who was not part of the research team, Associated Press news agency reported.

He said such large scale wine production implied that the Eurasian grape had already been domesticated 6,000 years ago.

The earliest comparable remains to those uncovered in Armenia were found in the tomb of the ancient Egyptian King Scorpion I, dating to around 5,100 years ago, AP reported.
              Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
              Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
              Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Below are some citations to scholarly sources that the fake country called "Azerbaijan" is deleting from Wikipedia with Israeli help:

In the “Encyclopaedia of Islam,” Russian Historian Vladimir Minorsky (1877-1966) states that the territory of Azerbaijan was named after the Persia general Atropates, who was a nobleman in Persia that served Darius III, King of Persia, from 336 B.C. to 330 B.C. and the name “Azerbaijan” translates to “protected by fire.”

Ahmad Kasravi, an Iranian Azeri scholar born in the city of Tabriz, is known for his extensive research work on the ancient Azari language and origin of the Azerbaijani people. Kasravi showed that the ancient Azari language was an offshoot of Pahlavi language (that is, a Persian, and not a Turkic, language). Due to this discovery, he was granted membership of the London Royal Asiatic Society and American Academy. (See A. Kasravi, Azari Yaa Zabaan e Baastaan e Azarbaigan (Azari Or The Ancient Language Of Azarbaigan) (preview by Ehsaan Yaar Shaater, republished by IranBooks, Inc. 1993.) [Note: What the Turks did was to steal the name of Persian-Azaris and to name a fabricated country after what was simply a province of Persia - Armenia was a kingdom within the Persian empire.]

In Volume 3, of The Colliers Encyclopedia, Professor Tadeusz Swietochowski, an Honorary Doctor of Baku State University and Member of Central Eurasian Studies Society, with an academic specialization in the history of Azerbaijan states: “From the time of ancient Media and the Persian Empire (9th to 4th centuries B.C.), Azerbaijan usually shared the history of what is now Iran (Persia).”

Ancient written accounts, such as one written by Arab historian Abu al-Hasan Ali ibn al-Husayn al-Masudi (896–956), attest to the native Iranian population of Azerbaijan; wherein he states:
                “The Persians are a people whose borders are the Mahat Mountains and Azerbaijan up to Armenia and Aran....”
                (See Al Mas'udi, Kitab al-Tanbih wa-l-Ishraf, De Goeje, M.J. (ed.), Leiden, Brill, 1894, Pp. 77–8.) (Note: Azerbaijan is recognized as a province of Iran, but Armenia was recognized as a constituent Kingdom within the Persian empire. In other words, BOTH the Iranians and Armenians had their lands stolen by the Turks and Russians.)

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
                  Below are some citations to scholarly sources that the fake country called "Azerbaijan" is deleting from Wikipedia with Israeli help:

In the “Encyclopaedia of Islam,” Russian Historian Vladimir Minorsky (1877-1966) states that the territory of Azerbaijan was named after the Persia general Atropates, who was a nobleman in Persia that served Darius III, King of Persia, from 336 B.C. to 330 B.C. and the name “Azerbaijan” translates to “protected by fire.”

Ahmad Kasravi, an Iranian Azeri scholar born in the city of Tabriz, is known for his extensive research work on the ancient Azari language and origin of the Azerbaijani people. Kasravi showed that the ancient Azari language was an offshoot of Pahlavi language (that is, a Persian, and not a Turkic, language). Due to this discovery, he was granted membership of the London Royal Asiatic Society and American Academy. (See A. Kasravi, Azari Yaa Zabaan e Baastaan e Azarbaigan (Azari Or The Ancient Language Of Azarbaigan) (preview by Ehsaan Yaar Shaater, republished by IranBooks, Inc. 1993.) [Note: What the Turks did was to steal the name of Persian-Azaris and to name a fabricated country after what was simply a province of Persia - Armenia was a kingdom within the Persian empire.]

In Volume 3, of The Colliers Encyclopedia, Professor Tadeusz Swietochowski, an Honorary Doctor of Baku State University and Member of Central Eurasian Studies Society, with an academic specialization in the history of Azerbaijan states: “From the time of ancient Media and the Persian Empire (9th to 4th centuries B.C.), Azerbaijan usually shared the history of what is now Iran (Persia).”

Ancient written accounts, such as one written by Arab historian Abu al-Hasan Ali ibn al-Husayn al-Masudi (896–956), attest to the native Iranian population of Azerbaijan; wherein he states:
                  “The Persians are a people whose borders are the Mahat Mountains and Azerbaijan up to Armenia and Aran....”
                  (See Al Mas'udi, Kitab al-Tanbih wa-l-Ishraf, De Goeje, M.J. (ed.), Leiden, Brill, 1894, Pp. 77–8.) (Note: Azerbaijan is recognized as a province of Iran, but Armenia was recognized as a constituent Kingdom within the Persian empire. In other words, BOTH the Iranians and Armenians had their lands stolen by the Turks and Russians.)
                  Interesting. Thank you Persepolis.
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Joseph, let me add some other interesting details: First, let me give the context: Anyone that knows the history of the region knows that The Kingdom of Armenia existed, was larger than it is today, and was united in brotherhood with the Persian empires going back several thousand years. When I traced back who was erasing citations from Wikipedia this is what I discovered: It was (1) a member of the Azerbaijan armed forces, who sought the help of (2) an Israeli moderator, and who was being helped by (3) an American in the oil and gas business. They were just making-up unsubstantiated stories together (totally lacking citations to historical texts). After my first posting on wikipedia (only citing books!), these three banned me without explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
                      Joseph, let me add some other interesting details: First, let me give the context: Anyone that knows the history of the region knows that The Kingdom of Armenia existed, was larger than it is today, and was united in brotherhood with the Persian empires going back several thousand years. When I traced back who was erasing citations from Wikipedia this is what I discovered: It was (1) a member of the Azerbaijan armed forces, who sought the help of (2) an Israeli moderator, and who was being helped by (3) an American in the oil and gas business. They were just making-up unsubstantiated stories together (totally lacking citations to historical texts). After my first posting on wikipedia (only citing books!), these three banned me without explanation.
                      I don't doubt that. I've noticed the Azeris becoming very aggressive lately when it comes to inventing stories and adjusting Wikipedia at will. Is there anyway you could re-register under a different name? and which articles were the defacing? Thanks
                      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X