Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenism-Aryanism - a book every Armenian must read !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HyeJinx1984,
    It could be called different names throughout the centuries.
    I would call it a 'sun weal' and it could mean essence of the sun.

Virgil,
    You got me with you on your point.
    Last edited by ravinger; 10-01-2004, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ravinger
      It is one of the ancient Armenian symbols.
      ..And the symbol of His Shadow (may it pass over us).

Were any of the scriptwriters of "Lexx" Armenian, I wonder?
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

And "Monkey" also has it on his belt. (That's enough mentioning of obscure cult TV progams, I think ).
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by ravinger
          HyeJinx1984,
          It could be called different names throughout the centuries.
          I would call it a 'sun weal' and it could mean essence of the sun.

Virgil,
          You got me with you on your point.
          The original swastika was right handed which in esoteric terms means light and creative, the positive, the light, good luck. Hitler turned it around, representing it in the negative, the dark, like the yin and yang, opposite forces on the spectrum.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

yes ur right. but thats another issue, because rotating symbols sometimes is the same transformation. anyway the other day i saw that one of the old armenian letter was the swastika. hitler didnt turn it around. the ny baseball team had the swastika in the same direction and position. and all this adds up to the mystery.

Comment

btw, can u give a picture of the "original" swastika?

Comment

The Aryans

Hey folks allow me to link and logically interpret and sum up the facts with me here. Observe this as follows by placing the two and two together with me:

The earliest depictions of the swastika found in Armenia, date back to the Neolithic Period of human cultural evolution (aprox. 7000-5000 B.C.E.) Very often, the swastika is symbolized in the form of the solar disk, commonly found in the stone carvings of the Armenian Plateau, Iranian Plateau and ancient civilizations of Anatolia and Mesoamerica.

Looking back through history the meaning of the word swastika is found in several languages. The Sanskrit root of the word swastika is svar, which means brilliance, illumination or shining. The closest contemporary equivalent to the word is found in the Russian language, where the word svet means light.

In the Armenian language, the second portion of the word swastika--the ast, also referred as AST--means power. This is also the root of the Armenian word Astvats, which means God. Thus, the word Astvats is translated as "all powerful" or "giver of power/s." In this context would refer to physical and spiritual health, clarity of mind or perhaps even salvation.
                Thus our examination of the Sanskrit roots of the word brings us to the two archaic meanings of the words svar, (meaning brilliant or shinning) and asti meaning powerful or god. And so we get the meaning of the word swastika, which is: all powerful/shining God.

In ancient times, References such as, "all powerful" or "brilliant" were assigned to the many gods of polytheistic religions. Later these descriptions moved into the context of many current, established, monotheistic religions.

In the past when kings acquired their royal throne, they were also referred to as the 'shinning one.' This also allowed them to claim their divine right to rule over their dominions acquired "from the god's themselves."

The sun, our only source of light, has been symbolized by the swastika because in ancient times, many people, seeing the sun as a life giver considered a God itself.

As many other peoples world wide, the "Armenids" of the Armenian Highland and Mesopotamia had been referred to as: "the children of the light".

This concept is found within the essence of the word "Ar-men,” where "Ar" is the name of the ancient Armenian sun god known as (referred to as Ra or Ra-Amon by ancient Egyptians). In addition, the word "men" theoretically would stand for the people or worshippers of the sun god, thus we get "Ar-men" and "Ar-men-ia." The ending of the word Armenia, the 'ia' is said to theoretically stand for the location, thus we get Armenia, meaning "the land of the sun-worshippers" or "the land of the children of light".
                When the World Wide Web was born, things were quite simple. The internet supported just one device (the PC) and the browsers available were too primitive for me.

Comment

Now bare with me here. If the original Aryans (keeping what I said earlier above in our minds) were said to have been of that monotheistic religion of being sun worshippers which as stated earlier:

"Around the year 2000 BC, originating in the Caucasus, a sun worshipping Indo-European tribe calling themselves Aryans, using a language known as Sanskrit, invaded central Asia and occupied territory as far as the north of India. These invaders were what became known as the original Aryans."

Would that not mean that Armenians= the original Aryans?
                  When the World Wide Web was born, things were quite simple. The internet supported just one device (the PC) and the browsers available were too primitive for me.

Comment

The symbol of the swastika, most commonly associated with the WWII era and the Nazi regime, has a much deeper history and has fascinated people throughout history by its complex, mystical meanings and codes. The understanding of these codes has been thought to be expressed through its symbol. The swastika has been widely used in various cultural symbolisms of religious and astronomical nature throughout the Armenian Highland, Mesopotamia, Africa, China, India and Mesoamerica.
                    After careful examination of the Armenian alphabet, one would find that half a dozen of its letters are nothing more than modified versions of the famous swastika symbol. Armenian letters such as: Ke, Kea, Xe, Pe, Fe, and Ea have their origins in the ancient proto-Armenian petroglyph writings found in the Armenian Highland.

The earliest depictions of the swastika found in Armenia, date back to the Neolithic Period of human cultural evolution (aprox. 7000-5000 B.C.E.) Very often, the swastika is symbolized in the form of the solar disk, commonly found in the stone carvings of the Armenian Plateau, Iranian Plateau and ancient civilizations of Anatolia and Mesoamerica.

Comment

Working...
                    X