Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Gagik Tsarukyan has some 25 MILLION Euros to spend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gagik Tsarukyan has some 25 MILLION Euros to spend

Originally posted by Federate View Post
    Very bad imitation of a manor. An ordinary residential home built by Tamanian in traditional Armenian style beats this fluff any day.

Comment

I've also heard it means idiot/crazy but read that online somewhere...I don't speak Russian and I dont know rabiz/russian slang.

armanen, just tell me where you live and i'll see if we can make this personal problem of yours something we can resolve offline.

I don't know if that's the same house as this one http://wikimapia.org/760402/Gagik-Tsarukyan-s-estate but this one in the link is from 2009 according to the copyright stamp. What's interesting is when you go to that location with google earth, the front gate is whited out as if its vp cheneys dump or something.
      kurtçul kangal

Comment

btw, i just got your PM...you dont even want to tell me where you live? that's fine...i have never insulted you on this forum and you have non-stop. guess we know who the e-thug is now.

go back to listening to your rabiz music and talking like a mexican APEH JAHHN
        kurtçul kangal

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaPapa View Post
          btw, i just got your PM...you dont even want to tell me where you live? that's fine...i have never insulted you on this forum and you have non-stop. guess we know who the e-thug is now.

go back to listening to your rabiz music and talking like a mexican APEH JAHHN

Reread your posts. Once again showing your intellect, or lack thereof, because I speak eastern Armenian I must automatically be a rabiz right?

Don't be suprised if you are banned from here.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaPapa View Post
            I've also heard it means idiot/crazy but read that online somewhere...I don't speak Russian and I dont know rabiz/russian slang.
            Actually dod (dumb witted) is Armenian, and although perhaps not literary, is not a loan word.

armanen, just tell me where you live and i'll see if we can make this personal problem of yours something we can resolve offline.
            We must respect different points of views, this is not against you or anyone specifically. I believe Armanen viewed your comments as "anti-Armenia" and perhaps "against" Armenians of Armenia (?). All of us have concerns about the ongoing "normalization of relations with Turkey," some of us believe this is not a good thing others disagree. We cannot force our points of views on others, but maybe can win over people through our intelligent arguments. Therefore I would urge all of us to control our tempers (and not have virtual duels) since it is not of benefit to anyone to take out our frustrations on each other. Personally, from what I read, I think you mean the best for Armenia and all Armenians - gentlemen lets not let our emotions get the best of us.

I don't know if that's the same house as this one http://wikimapia.org/760402/Gagik-Tsarukyan-s-estate but this one in the link is from 2009 according to the copyright stamp. What's interesting is when you go to that location with google earth, the front gate is whited out as if its vp cheneys dump or something.
            Yes indeed, hard to tell if this is the same 'mansion.' I remembered though that Tsarukyan actually owns several, one in the heart of Yerevan and at least two in the suburbs. So it depends. Also, not a few of our oligarchs, including Gagik Tsarukyan, own property and estates (and enterprises) in various parts of Europe.
            Last edited by Catharsis; 11-01-2009, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Catharsis View Post
              I heard from several people that the nick began as 'Dogi Gago' since he kept a stable of dogs and it started out as "Dogi Gago" (I know sounds like some rapper's name, also weird to use English, but such is the mythos behind the name). Obviously to most ears it sounded "Dodi" (lit. Idiot's, the ini at the end is a possessive) and the name stuck.

P.S. He has indeed won several championships in arm wrestling.
              Dude this theory realy sucks because his nickname is quit old and is certainly not English. I think it comes from his sporting days and when he was younger or could be from the local dialect of his home town.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                Dude this theory realy sucks because his nickname is quit old and is certainly not English. I think it comes from his sporting days and when he was younger or could be from the local dialect of his home town.
                I can't verify it just wanted to mention it because of the discussion. I heard about this origin of the nickname from different people. It might be just a rumor. Already in 1990s I heard "Dodi Gago," so if true, "Dogi" must have been used earlier.

Comment

I can't verify it just wanted to mention it because of the discussion. I heard about this origin of the nickname from different people. It might be just a rumor. Already in 1990s I heard "Dodi Gago," so if true, "Dogi" must have been used earlier.
                  Yes that's why I think it's from his sporting years or from a local dialect every city has it's own kind of way to give nicknames to people.

Comment

Dodi Gago's house can be seen when you drive toward lake Sevan from Yerevan and right when you leave the city limits. There is a multi gas station right there. His house is surrounded by tall trees so you can't really see it.

Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I didn't hear about him until 2005. Was he big in the 90s? When I compare him with the other so called oligarchs I think he has done more, he personaly gave money to the medal winners from Armenia's Olympic team and does a number of other things to boast the level of Armenian athletics. Of course one could speculate that part of his wealth was earned by shaddy means...
                      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                      X