Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Iran to give history lessons to Azerbaijan
    Original Article

The Azerbaijani representatives of the “Movement of National Revival of South Azerbaijan” organization told to “Musavat.com” that Iran has decided to pass a conference dedicated to the falsifications of the Azerbaijani history.

According to the sources, Iran is concerned with the falsified scientific researches that have been discovered during the recent years especially concerning the history, culture, national identity of Azerbaijan and the Atrpatakan provinces. They are as a rule being spread among the youth. The conferences will be dedicated to the strengthening of the national unity of Iran, Islam and correct presentation of the history of Iran, as well as they will touch upon the falsifications of the Azerbaijani history. The reports will also be about the identity changes in the history of the independent Azerbaijan and its renovation.

“Musavat.com” supposes that the Iranian authorities are preparing a kind of surprise for Azerbaijan and its people.

Aysor.am
    Hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
      War is not even a solution, because as you say a new war right now could break into a regional, larger scale war...we could be in front of WWIII and by God let's hope such thing will never happen. In this case, war is not on the interests of the superpowers or the people who benefits from it (which at the end are the ones who always start wars). Just in the case of Azerbaijan, Aliyev is too much comfortable on the power and he needs more money to buy his children's children houses in Dubai, the Caribbean,...a war would bring instability and just by that part is already dangerous for his regime, for the APF would try to overthrow him.

In this case, the only ones who can start a war are Russia and Turkey, for the major interests they have in the region which compromises those in favor of Russia and those in favor or Turkey...and for such thing to happen many bad things have to happen in a period of time, and as of today both countries are "OK" at each other...

The most dangerous thing that can happen here is that we lose in the diplomatic field, which is the side that Azerbaijan knows is the only where we are rather weaker and they will try to hit us hard, so what we should do is strengheten our diplomatic capability in order to not suffer "losses".

Exactly! The last thing aliyev needs is a war. In case of war three things will occur for sure, foreign direct investment will dry up, oil/gas revenue will decrease, and there will be a expectation of a quick victory by the azeri populace which won't happen and thus the aliyev clans hold on power will be threatened.

Armenia has less to lose, and more to gain from an azeri resumption of hostilities than does azerbaijan.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

"Armenia has less to lose, and more to gain from an azeri resumption of hostilities than does azerbaijan."
        This is not true. Armenia has everything to lose in case of defeat and actually not a whole lot more to gain either. We have a hard time making use of the lands we already got, how will we protect and use more land? Defeat for Armenia will mean extermination of its people while defeat for the azeris simply means a possible revolution there thus we have more to lose. Victory for Armenia will mean a better nagotiating position while for azeris it will mean getting lots of land and solidification of the aliev dynasty. One could safely argue that the best and worst scenerios are in the azeri side with them gaining more in victory and losing less in defeat. A stalemate is not a particularly healthy scenerio but it is better then war for Armenia and kharabagh and will probably continue. The eruption of war is good for no one including the super powers but it may be inevitable wo some kind of resolution. The resolution does not have to be now it can come later, even much later but the stalemate scenerio while to our advantage is still not a healthy state.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          "Armenia has less to lose, and more to gain from an azeri resumption of hostilities than does azerbaijan."
          This is not true. Armenia has everything to lose in case of defeat and actually not a whole lot more to gain either. We have a hard time making use of the lands we already got, how will we protect and use more land? Defeat for Armenia will mean extermination of its people while defeat for the azeris simply means a possible revolution there thus we have more to lose. Victory for Armenia will mean a better nagotiating position while for azeris it will mean getting lots of land and solidification of the aliev dynasty. One could safely argue that the best and worst scenerios are in the azeri side with them gaining more in victory and losing less in defeat. A stalemate is not a particularly healthy scenerio but it is better then war for Armenia and kharabagh and will probably continue. The eruption of war is good for no one including the super powers but it may be inevitable wo some kind of resolution. The resolution does not have to be now it can come later, even much later but the stalemate scenerio while to our advantage is still not a healthy state.

Armenia would have to make serious blunders and/or turkey would have to get involved on azeri side for Armenia to lose a war with azerbaijan. There military is very corrupt, low morale, and they have to fight an uphill battle, not to mention that the attacking side will have to deal with thousands of mines in order to reach the other side! This is the reality, and while war is unpredictable, we can work off the above facts to say that Armenia is the stronger military actor of the two. Defeat for azerbaijan means at least a change in regime, but also a very real possibility of loss of sovereignty. And as I mentioned above, the azeri economy is based on oil/gas exports which would dry up if a war occurs. Victory for Armenia will mean we keep all of Artsakh, and them some, it also removes the azeri threat for a long time if not for good.

As for baku, they have no real positives, they are beholden to Moscow now, turkey has shown that they will deal with Armenia regardless of Artsakh issue, and Iran is no help either. Official baku is in panic mode.

The eruption of war is not good for anyone now, but that isn't going to be the case forever, and the biggest player in the region, Russia, will dictate the outcome of the war if not the beginning as well. azerbiajan knows damn well what Russia thinks of 'unfreezing' so called frozen conflicts vis a vis S. Ossetia. The de facto situation serves Armenia, I agree with that.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
            There military is very corrupt, low morale, and they have to fight an uphill battle, not to mention that the attacking side will have to deal with thousands of mines in order to reach the other side!
            Haha I loved this part!

But we should also take into account a case in which Azerbaijan doesn't attack Artsakh but Armenia, I know it would be much harder for them, but we should strengthen our border security, specially in the Tavush marz where they have been entering some days ago.

Comment

Haha I loved this part!

But we should also take into account a case in which Azerbaijan doesn't attack Artsakh but Armenia, I know it would be much harder for them, but we should strengthen our border security, specially in the Tavush marz where they have been entering some days ago.

Yes, that is an area that needs more defensive mechanisms. I think our military leaders are aware of this issue, and will take proper measures, if they have not done so already.

Comment

Haha I loved this part!

That will have to theoretically bring in the CSTO to help us because Armenia itself is being directly attacked. Of course, I doubt the CSTO will do such a thing (outside of Russia) other than condemnations.
                Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                  That will have to theoretically bring in the CSTO to help us because Armenia itself is being directly attacked. Of course, I doubt the CSTO will do such a thing (outside of Russia) other than condemnations.
                  I thought the same, other than Russia, maybe Belarus in terms of pressure by Russia, no CSTO member would help us. What can you expect from the Turkic-stan countries other than support Azerbaijan? In the end, they support pan-turanism too at some level. They wouldn't even condemn they would applause...
                  Last edited by ashot24; 03-16-2010, 11:20 PM.

Comment

'If Necessary, We'll Deport Armenians from Turkey': Erdogan
                    11:15 • 17.03.10

If necessary, Turkey’s authorities can deport Armenians living illegally in Turkey, said Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, replying to questions by Huseyin Alkan from the BBC Turkish service in London yesterday.

“There are 170,000 Armenians in my country, of which 70,000 are my citizens. We’re turning a blind eye to the other 100,000. However, tomorrow, if it becomes necessary, I would say to those 100,000, go back to your country. Why? Because they’re not my citizens; I’m not obliged to keep them in my country,” said Erdogan.

The Turkish PM also turned his attention to the passing of resolutions which recognize the Armenian Genocide by various countries around the world, saying that the crisis which results from such decisions will harm Armenia itself.

“None of those interests us. None of those have room between Armenia and Turkey. They’re [just] playing games for themselves. What connection do those countries have with Armenia? Who gave them that responsibility? They, with their approved decisions, are putting on a show… And they’re harming the people of Armenia…,” said Erdogan.

“We resolutely continue and will continue our policy based on the principle of ‘zero issues with neighbours.’ However, when we are showing our hand while the other side is showing a fist, there’s nothing left for us to do. But we will always show our hand in the name of reconciliation and peace, in the name of love. It’s enough that the hand before us doesn’t become a fist…,” said the Turkish PM, while calling for countries who are friendly with Armenia to support the process of normalizing relations between the two states.

Asked whether as a result of the approval of Armenian Genocide resolutions, Turkey’s foreign policy finds itself in a tight bind, Erdogan said, “There are no such issues at this time. Developments connected to Armenia are not our but Armenia’s issues and concerns… And currently, it’s necessary for Armenia to make a very important decision. Armenia has to free itself from its dependence on [its] Diaspora. If there are countries who like Armenia, such as the United States, Russia and France, they should free Armenia from Diasporan dependence.”

Asked whether the US House Foreign Affairs Committee approval of H.Res.252 recognizing the Armenian Genocide will have a negative effect on Turkish-American relations, Erdogan stressed that he continues to believe in and trust the United States.

“I don’t think [the passing of H.Res.252 will affect Turkish-American relations negatively]; that’s not possible. I wish to state the following: Turkish-American relations have no relation whatsoever to Armenian-Turkish relations. We have strategic relations,” said Erdogan.

“There are 170,000 Armenians in my country, of which 70,000 are my citizens. We’re turning a blind eye to...

Comment

Radio Free Europe questioning Armenian genocide, by putting the word genocide in quotations

Russian Patriarch Honors Armenia 'Genocide' Victims

Russian Orthodox Church leader Patriarch Kirill has honored the victims of what Armenians consider the first genocide of the 20th century.

To all those Europe lovers...

Comment

Working...
                      X