Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Concert on occasion of National Army Day

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaSacra View Post
      Guys did anyone know about this?? Do we have any idea about their abilities??

Armenia puts in service of Armed Forces UAVs purchased from Russia
      by Press • 25 November 2013

Baku – APA. Armenia has put in service of the Armed Forces unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) purchased from Russia.
      APA reports that the photos of UAVs purchased from Russia have been posted on the social networks.

The photos show that Armenian Ministry of Defense uses Russia-produced Ptero-E5 UAVs. During the training, the UAVs landed with parachutes.

Ptero UAVs are produced by AFM Servers company in Smolensk. Earlier, Director-General Amir Valiyev noted that they delivered 4 complexes of Ptero-E5 UAVs to Armenia. Though he said these UAVs had been sold to Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations, the UAVs were demonstrated by the Ministry of Defense.

Ptero-E5 UAVs have been supplied with power engine and can remain in the air for 8 hours.

http://www.suasnews.com/2013/11/2614...d-from-russia/

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
        Concert on occasion of National Army Day

[/URL]
        Nice pics, is this last one supposed to be the other after half of a before and after picture? Whats up with this guys gear?
        Peacekeeper?
        Last edited by Chubs; 01-30-2014, 06:05 PM.
        Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

NKR Defense Army: We respect peace, but prepare for war with great responsibility
          1/30/14

Spokesman for the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Defense Army, Senor Hasratyan, has said that the border situation remains tense following the Azeri subversive attack on the night of January 20.

Speaking to Panorama.am, Mr Hasratyan confirmed Turkish and Azeri media reports claiming that Azerbaijan has accumulated armament along the Line of Contact.

“We respect peace, but prepare for war with great responsibility,” Hasratyan said.

He noted that Azerbaijan continues to violate the ceasefire at various sections of the Line of Contact of Karabakh and Azeri troops, adding that the frontline units of NKR Defense Army confidently perform their military tasks and return fire only in case of extreme necessity.

http://www.panorama.am/en/current_to...0/s-hasratyan/

Comment

Sorry this is a repost but first 10 minutes are very relevant here.
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Baku Insists Elderly Villager is Armenian ‘Saboteur’

The border village of Verin Karmiraghbyur, where the elderly Armenian man crossed over into Azerbaijan
              BAKU (RFE/RL)—The Azerbaijani military has stood by its claims that a 77-year-old resident of an Armenian border village captured by its forces was part of an Armenian commando unit that tried to cross into Azerbaijan this week.
              Azerbaijani news agencies quoted a Defense Ministry spokesman in Baku as insisting on Wednesday that the man, Mamikon Khojoyan, acted as a guide for Armenian troops planning to carry out a cross-border incursion.
              The ministry claimed earlier that Khojoyan was wounded and detained on Tuesday after Azerbaijani forces repelled the “sabotage-reconnaissance group.” Other Azerbaijani news reports said, however, that the resident of Verin Karmiraghbyur, a village in northeastern Armenia, was in fact detained by Azerbaijani villagers and handed over to military authorities.
              The Armenian Defense Ministry and the mayor of Verin Karmiraghbyur village, Kamo Chobanian, have laughed off official Baku’s claims. According to Chobanian, the elderly man suffers from mental disorders and strayed into Azerbaijani territory by accident.
              Uzeir Jafarov, an Azerbaijani military analyst, also dismissed the official Azerbaijani version of Khojoyan’s capture. “That man has nothing to do with the sabotage group,” he told RFE/RL’s Azerbaijani service. “He is an old man who seems to have health problems. There is not a single sign that the Defense Ministry’s claims are true.”
              “The Defense Ministry had better explain why Khojoyan was caught by ordinary [Azerbaijani] villagers,” said Jafarov. “What were the Azerbaijani soldiers stationed in that area doing?”

Khojoyan was paraded on Azerbaijani television on Thursday. He was shown sitting on what looked like a hospital bed, with his right arm in a cast, and talking to the ANS channel. “I broke my arm but am fine now,” he was quoted as saying. “My arm is now healing. They are taking good care of me.”
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

18:18 30/01/2014 » Society
                Third disabled veteran of Karabakh war commits self-immolation in Azerbaijan

Maarif Veliyev commited a self-immolation on January 28 in front of the Barda town's Executive Power, the Azerbaijani information agency Turan reports.

The head of the public association "Veterans of Karabakh", Etimad Assadov stated the Azerbaijani service of "Radio Liberty” that Veliev is a second group disabled of the Karabakh war.

Asadov said that Veliyev had repeatedly come to the Executive Power of Barda and had requested to give him at least a small site, but all in vain. As a result, he doused himself with gasoline and committed self-immolation.

Asadov said that nobody is allowed to visit Veiled in hospital, and local authorities want to hide the fact of self-immolation. Meanwhile, the hospital management denies the request of the journalists to pass the phone to Veliyev.

The duty officer at the district police in Barda, the head of the municipality of Alpout and the police inspector of the village did not have information about the self-immolation committed by any of the residents of Alpout in front of the district administration.

However the portal managed to have an interview with Veliyev and to find out the reasons of his actions. “I have only one kid, and he is a first group disabled. In addition I am not able to feed him. I feel pangs of conscience as I cannot provide for my only child neither medical treatment nor decent life. Every time I see my son, I pray to Allah to take my life," he said.

He said that he was wounded in the leg at Karabakh war; it was amputated. He needed medical treatment as well as his son; he had to borrow a large sum of money. "My brother gave me an apartment, and I had to sell it because of debts. What should a parent who is unable to feed the child and provide him treatment do? The give me neither apartment, nor land, I live in a rented apartment," said the disabled veteran.

Veliev appealed to the Ministry of Health asking for a help for treating his son: "Let them cut off my arm and give them to my son. I'll manage. Only let my child be healthy."

Comment

Yerevan to assemble US drones

30 January 2014 - 12:15pm

The Armenian branch of Instigate Robotics (US) has received permission today to operate at the Alliance Free Economic Zone in Yerevan,
                  managed by Sitronix Armenia, News.am reports.

The US company plans to assemble the Educotper and Photocopter drones.
                  They will be exported to North America, EU, spot-Soviet states, Middle East.
                  Exports will total $1.9 million in the next 3 years.

The company is negotiating investments to automatize drone control.
                  The company will spend $300,000-500,000 to organize production and foreign partners will spend additional $396,000.
                  Staff of the company’s training center and the ACS System Department of the State Engineering University of Armenia will be mobilized for the project.

Last edited by londontsi; 01-31-2014, 07:31 AM.
                  Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

ARMED FORCES OF ARMENIA WILL RECEIVE SUPER PRECISE MISSILE SYSTEMS IN 2014

DEFENSE and SECURITY (Russia)
                    January 29, 2014 Wednesday

Source: Nezavisimaya Gazeta, January 27, 2014, p. 7

Defense Minister of Armenia Seiran Oganian reports that in 2014
                    Armenian army will receive super precise long-range missile systems.

Earlier, Armenian and Russian mass media reported frequently that
                    Armenia received and was going to deploy Russian systems Iskander-M
                    soon. Oganian also adds that the process of creation of unified
                    Armenian-Russian air defense system will be completed soon too. He
                    said, "We are currently working together in some directions and
                    exchange information with Russian colleagues and we have a common
                    command point. I think that in the near future we will be able to
                    improve this system."
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army

Comment

Working...
                      X