Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by argin View Post
    [ATTACH]2895[/ATTACH]
    Do you guys think incase of a war breakout Azeris would attack Armenia mainland to so called liberate these landlocked lands

We might attack them 1st if a war starts to liberate Artsvashen.
    But there wont be any war. And if so..this time surely we will have borders with Russia just like how we have now with Iran (Nagorno-Karabakh - Iran I mean)

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
      --- very dangerous because it encourages azeru ... ---
      My read (between) the lines is the same as yours and paradoxically the opposite.
      Like your analysis, I think this could open the door for them to retaliate.
      But, my take that's different is ... Whatever they did, whether it was take --- UNTENABLE --- position(s) or something else we (general public) are not being told, that our forces felt it was *** MANATORY *** to take these actions.
      Therefore, we have pre-empted them from taking action against us in a "favorable" position to them!!
      In other words, what you fear was going to happen and we had to stop it.
      --- Had to ---
      It was NOT us that chose to escalate the situation by these acts, but rather , it was them that made it apparent that they were preparing to escalate hostilities toward us and we *** prevented *** them from taking a position(s) to more effectively escalate the situation to their benefit.
      We prevented an an escalation and sent a clear message ... NO CAN DO ... PERIOD.

Ardash
      Let me rephrase the point I was making.

I have no complaints that we are hitting them.

My concern is, why are we not ejecting them from those geographic positions thus depriving them of any vantage point.

Front line positions are fairly flimsy structures.
      Rebuilding them is no big deal and turning them yet again into a menace.

My concern is why are we not repositioning our advanced positions (or moving forward) subsequent to their destruction.

I am suspecting there must be so reason ....

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

^^^it makes no sense, we can hold those positions even take over their trenches.........Azeri retaliate? so what, let see what they do. They don't have te belly for war.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by argin View Post
          [ATTACH]2895[/ATTACH]
          Do you guys think incase of a war breakout Azeris would attack Armenia mainland to so called liberate these landlocked lands
          Its hard to be sure that they wouldn't venture into that direction, but the conventional thinking has been that if they only attack Artsakh, Russia will not directly be involved. But if they attack Armenia proper, CSTO will have to get involved or it will lose all legitimacy. So I would think they would not risk doing that, and instead focus on Artsakh, considering those territories have little value

Comment

The Divine Liturgy on the 23rd anniversary of the Armenian Army
            2015-01-25
            A Divine Liturgy was offered at Holy Echmiadzin on Sunday on the occasion of the 23rd anniversary of the Armenian Army’s formation that will be marked on January 28. Karekin II, the Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians, and Abp. Fr. Vrtanes Abrahamyan, the spiritual leader of the Republic of Armenia Armed Forces, conducted the service.
            The service was attended by His Holiness Catholicos Aram I of the Holy See of Cilicia, RA Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan, the Chief of General Staff of the Armenian Armed Forces, Colonel-General Yuri Khachaturov, NKR Defense Minister, Lieutenant-General Movses Hakobyan, Dioceses of the Armenian Apostolic Church, clergymen of the Holy Echmiadzin, the senior officer staff of the Ministry of Defense, representatives of the Armenian General Benevolent Union, conscripts and cadets.
            At the end of the service, an official reception was held at the Gevorgyan Theological Seminary Hall, during which the Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians gave his blessings and best wishes to all the attendants. It was noted that the framework of traditional liturgical worship allows us to communicate with our brothers in the military and pray for soldiers who risk their lives to protect our country’s borders. His Holiness wished success to the Armenian Armed Forces and prayed for the victory of our people. His Holiness Catholicos Aram I of the Holy See of Cilicia also stressed that the army insures our bright future. For many centuries the Armenian Church and the army have acted in unison; therein lays the strength of our nation.
            In his speech, RA Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan expressed his gratitude to the clergymen for their permanent support to the army. The Minister of Defense noted that our modern heroes are the soldiers and commanders who faithfully defend our country’s borders at the cost of their lives.
            Subsequently, the Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians awarded Major-Generals Kamo Kochunts, Andranik
            Makaryan, Ishkhan Matevosyan, Armen Ghahramanyan and Colonel Gevorg Melqonyan with “St. Nerses the Graceful” medal for their faithful services rendered to the motherland. On the occasion of the 23rd anniversary of the Armenian Army, Archbishop Yeznik Petrosyan, Primate of the Diocese of Tavush, Archbishop Arakel Karamyan, Primate of the Kotayk Diocese, Gegharkunik Diocese Bishop Markos Hovhannisyan, Bishop Ezra Nersesyan, Novo-Nakhichevan and Russian Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church and Bishop Michael Ajapahyan, Primate of the Diocese of Shirak awarded Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan with “Andranik Ozanyan” medal for his significant contribution in the spiritual education of soldiers.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                  Its hard to be sure that they wouldn't venture into that direction, but the conventional thinking has been that if they only attack Artsakh, Russia will not directly be involved. But if they attack Armenia proper, CSTO will have to get involved or it will lose all legitimacy. So I would think they would not risk doing that, and instead focus on Artsakh, considering those territories have little value
                  I am not sure if I buy that but it may have its select role in the grand scheme of things. I do not buy that argument because the Azeris have already attacked Armenia proper and continue to do so without any reaction from CSTO. The select role I speak of is the fact that by not reacting the Russians are giving the Azeris a false feeling that it is ok to attack Armenia and once they do attack her in a grand scale then CSTO can use the opportunity to Attack the azeris and perhaps establish a puppet state. The attack on Armenia will give Russia all the justification it needs for attacking the Azeris. If you look at Ukraine and Ossetis you will see that Russia waited for the proper moment where the people it would fight for were begging her to intervene there for justifying its actions. It allowed the opposition to mount a big offensive and then destroyed it. This serves a duel purpose. It legitimizes its actions and it allows its military to destroy a bigger part of the enemies military which is exposed by attacking. Turkey's role will be an interesting wildcard here. Georgia to may xxxx its pants again. We may be seeing regime changes in all three south caucus countries soon.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Armenia-US cooperation in defense sector is discussed
                    18:05, 02.02.2015
                    Region:World News, Armenia
                    Theme: Politics

YEREVAN. – First Deputy Defense Minister of Armenia Davit Tonoyan on Monday met with a delegation from the United States (US) European Command.

The delegation was led by Brigadier General Kevin McNeely, and accompanied by US Chargé D’Affaires Clark Price.

The interlocutors discussed Armenian-American cooperation in the defense sector. They also underscored the need to maintain the dynamics of the development of cooperation, and launch new domains of collaboration.
                    Armenia News - NEWS.am
                    First Deputy Defense Minister Davit Tonoyan on Monday met with a delegation from the United States European Command…

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X