Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Lori View Post
    I'm a man for crying out loud.
    I believe you. Just that your Armenian frustration sounds too feminine. Example >> "You should be ashamed of yourself for having manipulated my words."
    Sorry Lori, that sounded something an Armenian female would say.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
      I believe you. Just that your Armenian frustration sounds too feminine. Example >> "You should be ashamed of yourself for having manipulated my words."
      Sorry Lori, that sounded something an Armenian female would say.
      Hahaha, no that is something an Armenian woman would do not say.

You can throw personal insults, but that does not change a thing. Do not hide behind Samvel Babayan.
      You are the one throwing personal insults. You have accused me of being a shill TWICE and now a Turk. You have violated the rules of this forum.

I asked you specific questions but you're not answering them.
      And I will not bother answering an immature runt like you. If you want me to answer you, then you will cease the personal insults and absurd accusations and adopt a mature attitude. I will not participate in a discussion with someone who cannot refrain from making ad hominem attacks.
      Last edited by Lori; 05-27-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Lori I never said Karl Marx was German French even Ugandan. You need to understand Marxism was that of the time. Many revolutionary brigades believed in the same ideology and for that reason they would get support. We are talking of a generation that believed in something more then 40 years ago. Times changed , so do people. The people believed in something back then , believe in something different today. But the ASALA goal was accomplished. I don't want to get into it so much but I can tell you now that no Armenian would try to insult the organization like you did unless they are Tashnags which I doubt you are , as both ASALA, Tashnags, Hunchags all grew up together under the same roofs. I don't understand what your goal is here on this page . If you are trying to preach peace like I said , pack your bags and get down that mountain. No Turk is going to give you your freedom. Many men tried to do what you did and instead received a bullet in the head , many men fought against what your calling for , and died with honour. You're a disgrace to our fallen and you should hang your head in shame. Whilst our men are protecting our borders from enemy fire , you are talking of peace.
        Just to answer one of your writings before we're you say something like Armenia didn't suffer as bad as Azerbaijan in the 90's again makes me believe you are an Azeri spy .. Armenia suffered war, independence and an Earthquake all within a few years of each other. It was a time of suffering. Today we have built a new Armenia, tourism is on the rise, work is progressing at a slow pace but progressing, and an Army many wish for. Can you please tell me how we can't hold status quo ?

Comment

ASALA, my question was rhetorical. If you want to discuss Marxism with me, then make a thread about it. Its very offtopic.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          US Officials Visited Armenia on Monday to Discuss Military Cooperation

Representatives of the US armed forces visited Armenia on Monday to discuss enhancing military cooperation between the two countries, US Department of Defense spokesperson Peter Cook said in a briefing on Thursday.

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The spokesperson noted that officials form the US State Department joined the military representatives in the discussions.

"Lt. Gen Hedges and representatives from the Kansas National Guard were visiting Armenia, along with the [US] Ambassador as well… having conversations with their counterparts with Ministry of Defense in Armenia to talk about not only ongoing projects of military-to-military relations, but also for enhancing the military-to —military relationship," Cook stated.
          Cook said he would not be surprised if the officials had also discussed the issue of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan.

Armenia Army Conduct Drills on Basis of April's Hostilities in Karabakh
          The Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, populated mostly by ethnic Armenians, proclaimed its independence from Azerbaijan in 1991 after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
          In the 1992-94 conflict between Azerbaijan and Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, which was supported by Armenia, Azerbaijan lost control over the disputed region.

The conflict reemerged in April of this year, with Armenia and Azerbaijan accusing each other of provocations and attacks.

On April 5, Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire in Moscow after Russia mediated an end to hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Representatives of the US armed forces visited Armenia on Monday to discuss enhancing military cooperation between the two countries, US Department of Defense spokesperson Peter Cook said in a briefing on Thursday.

Comment

US Officials Visited Armenia on Monday to Discuss Military Cooperation

A cordial joke in being polite with each other knowing where each one's interest and side of the fence is.
            We all know, including the US armed forces that every discussion would be briefed to the Russians. It is all positive in keeping all communications open.

Comment

Hahaha, no that is something an Armenian woman would do not say.

You are the one throwing personal insults. You have accused me of being a shill TWICE and now a Turk. You have violated the rules of this forum.

And I will not bother answering an immature runt like you. If you want me to answer you, then you will cease the personal insults and absurd accusations and adopt a mature attitude. I will not participate in a discussion with someone who cannot refrain from making ad hominem attacks.

I am posting my questions again. Are you prepared to answer theim or they are immature rant for you?

So you agree with Azeri government that status quo cannot continue any longer? Lol
              What peace are you talking about? Has there been any sign or peace intention from Turks any time in near history?
              As long as we had an independent state we have been in war with Turks for our survival. Be it with our first republic or the third. All the time. Are you gona keep pretending that this war is about Artsakh security zones only and not about the Turkish drive to wipe out all of Armenians from there?

What is this your noncence about "Peace in Artsakh will open up road to western Armenia"? How are you connecting one to other? How can a current achievement be zeroed to something irrrelevant? Are you trying to mislead people?
              I have to question your deep motives rightfully.
              What options are you trying to scare people up with?can you list them.
              What siege are you talking about

Comment

Anyone know why particularly the Kansas National Guard works with Armenian armed forces. I can't recall exactly when but it seems like every time Armenia US military meet Kansas NG is mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by HajiHabibli View Post
                  Anyone know why particularly the Kansas National Guard works with Armenian armed forces. I can't recall exactly when but it seems like every time Armenia US military meet Kansas NG is mentioned.
                  I believe few years back they had one of these exchange programs. Like city to city this one was semi military related. It is all good.

Comment

Can you please answer Hakobs question. I like to know your answer since you talk about peace.

What peace are you talking about? Has there been any sign or peace intention from Turks any time in near history?

My question is , What if peace doesn't work ?

Comment

Originally posted by HajiHabibli View Post
                      The US national guard takes part in peacekeeping and US organized partnership programs abroad. I guess the Kansas NG are the ones assigned to Armenia and the various programs set up with our armed forces. The cooperation is nothing serious like with Georgia.

Fine. I will not discuss anything with you beyond this, until I receive an apology from either you or the moderators for the disgusting immature behavior.

So you agree with Azeri government that status quo cannot continue any longer? Lol
                      That is the position of the Armenian government currently. (Post-4 day war) And no, it cannot be continued. The blockades on our state are doing a great deal of damage. Maintaining the status quo favors us short-term, but it favors the Turks long-term. Look at issues like economy, emigration, etc.

As long as we had an independent state we have been in war with Turks for our survival. Be it with our first republic or the third. All the time. Are you gona keep pretending that this war is about Artsakh security zones only and not about the Turkish drive to wipe out all of Armenians from there?

What is this your noncence about "Peace in Artsakh will open up road to western Armenia"? How are you connecting one to other? How can a current achievement be zeroed to something irrrelevant? Are you trying to mislead people?
                      I have to question your deep motives rightfully.
                      What options are you trying to scare people up with?can you list them.
                      Making Artsakh de jure part of Armenia (currently de-facto) will bring the region under the protection of the mutual defense agreement we have with Russia. In order to make Artsakh a de jure part of Armenia, we must come to a territorial agreement with Azerbaijan. Their violent intentions will not matter after that. Karvachar and Lachin are key to Armenia's national security and water security. I believe the alpine rivers in that region feed into Sevan. The Azeris can and have tried to poison it. UN resolutions demand that our forces pull out of Karvachar. This is an unacceptable condition and will NEVER happen. Lachin is important for obvious reasons - connection to Artsakh. The Mrav ridge/region is also key to defending the North of Artsakh from full-scale military operations. It acts as a natural anchor for our forces, and it is very important that this region stay under our control. The region I suggested be ceded back to Azerbaijan are the southern-lowlands whose borders rest on the mountain-side. This region is not key to defending Artsakh, we took it after the cowards pulled their troops out with their pants around their ankles. It would only be a bloody uphill battle from there for them.

A new status in the region is needed, the current status quo does not favor Armenia but Azerbaijan and Turkey. The lifting of the blockades, and the incorporation of Artsakh legally into Armenia should be top priority. After that, we should make territorial claims to our lands to the West. I'm tired of Azerbaijanis and this war. We need to move forward. It is in the interest of the Turk to keep us wrapped up over hectares of land for the next 100 years as they colonize our former territories with more and more Muslims.

Regarding the options. Well, the phased settlement our government has been opposing for the past 20 years is the big one. That is absolute BS and unacceptable. It will lead to the death of every Armenian in the region. We must never allow this to happen.

The second one is a little old, but its the dreaded Goble Plan that was backed by the Bush administration and then dropped. Its stupidity, but it was backed by a superpower.

Another would be the incorporation of Russian peace-keepers in the region along with phased settlement aka the Kazan Plan. Its absurd and never should happen. The Russians wouldn't be able to defend Artsakh if Armenia is cut off from it after the pull out of the buffer zone. The Azeris would overrun the region Ossetian-style.

I have to question your motives rightfully
                      No you don't. You are a paranoid troll that harasses new users for having a different opinion than you and for breaking the circlejerk.

You're joking right? What do you call these blockades? The frontline? We are being besieged by the Turks, and war is not going to solve this problem. It will only mean our eventual demise.

We also have a siege-mentality and I think your posts make it obvious. This is a direct result of our genocide and should be overcome. That is the only way we can break the Turkish siege on our nation.

My question is , What if peace doesn't work ?
                      - Asala2116
                      What do you mean? Turk resumption of hostilites even after a peace treaty? That would prompt Russian invasion of Azerbaijan and perhaps even international intervention. The Azerbaijanis are quite literally batxxxx, but they are not THAT suicidal.

Azad, addressing one of your previous posts. I think there is some confusion

What I am arguing is that ceding some territory, on our terms, back to them is a much better deal than ceding the entire buffer zone back - Which is suicide.
                      Last edited by Lori; 05-27-2016, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X