Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
    You guys both need to calm down. Lori just answer his question. Not going to kill to . It's a military forum not a playground to insult each other
    I am not the one who initiated the ad hominem attacks and I am not the one who continued them. I simply responded to his troll posts.

As for the questions: I already have repeatedly, and everytime he asks again he phrases it in a different way. Its impossible to actually know what he is asking for. Some of the questions he asks, I have already answered in my posts to other users. He is either too lazy to read them or he is intentionally being disingenous.

I have set the conditions - I will not continue any "discussion" with this troll until he meets those basic conditions. His post shows that he is nothing but a child, and is unwilling to act like an adult. I now have him blocked. Its time to end this and move on to much more relevant topics - Hopefully the mods will be able to clean up the mess left by that little flamewar.
    Last edited by Lori; 05-28-2016, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
      The Talish part is correct. Their new positions will place the village under direct sniper fire.

The Martakert part they are lumping it with their propaganda. The white line are the dividing trenches, notice how many of their villages are close to that divining trenches vs our Martakert.
      Also, our side is playing nice. Those villages should be treated the same way they treat Talish. Make them a nightmare place to live. Enough being nice!

[ATTACH]3113[/ATTACH]
      not sure the Armenian side was playing so nice in days following the attack. NKR artillery did some nice work on a few of those Azeri villages and the opponents artillery that the Azeris place in very close proximity to their own civilians.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
        not sure the Armenian side was playing so nice in days following the attack. NKR artillery did some nice work on a few of those Azeri villages and the opponents artillery that the Azeris place in very close proximity to their own civilians.
        You are correct, except why is Talish evacuated and not their villages?

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
          You are correct, except why is Talish evacuated and not their villages?
          I do recall reading that they evacuated several border villages due to shelling.

Comment

Hey guys, I stumbled upon this video of us flying a plane in Arstakh from a few years ago: https://youtu.be/-k4DPG6JM8I?t=28s
            Something caught my eye at 0:29, when the plane is flying above another plane and some cars on the ground. If you look above the plane, you can see a white triangular shape, that looks likes a UAV. It doesn't look like any of ours UAVs that I've seen before, does anyone have an idea what this is?

Comment

Originally posted by Achemish View Post
              Hey guys, I stumbled upon this video of us flying a plane in Arstakh from a few years ago: https://youtu.be/-k4DPG6JM8I?t=28s
              Something caught my eye at 0:29, when the plane is flying above another plane and some cars on the ground. If you look above the plane, you can see a white triangular shape, that looks likes a UAV. It doesn't look like any of ours UAVs that I've seen before, does anyone have an idea what this is?
              Thats a hand glider.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
                I am not the one who initiated the ad hominem attacks and I am not the one who continued them. I simply responded to his troll posts.

As for the questions: I already have repeatedly, and everytime he asks again he phrases it in a different way. Its impossible to actually know what he is asking for. Some of the questions he asks, I have already answered in my posts to other users. He is either too lazy to read them or he is intentionally being disingenous.

I have set the conditions - I will not continue any "discussion" with this troll until he meets those basic conditions. His post shows that he is nothing but a child, and is unwilling to act like an adult. I now have him blocked. Its time to end this and move on to much more relevant topics - Hopefully the mods will be able to clean up the mess left by that little flamewar.

Man this guy is really throwing some dust, I am insulting him breaking the forum rules. he is going to report me. Are you trying to scare me lori? or are you hoping to scare the modes into blocking me?
                Don't forget, I have been here so long that modes know very well if insulting is my stile. So stop foaming.
                This is what all the issue is about. And I want everybody to pay attention on next sentences and say if I am not right.
                After aprill 5, even the most moderate Armenian in homeland and diaspora came to see that we could not depend on any word, any help or any guarantees of peace from either the Russians or the west. Even after april 5 nobody pointed fingers on azerbaijan.
                People have come to see that azeris and turks generally have not changed a bit from the past, and any treaty or agreement with them is hopeless, turkish nationalizm and hatred to us has grown to such levels that any treaty or peace agreement is not possible at this moment. More importantly we were capable of protecting ourselfs against azeris, and we had only ourselfs to rely to do so.
                One more very important issue here is that every more or less proagreement armenian saw that at this moment it is not possible and very dangerous to negotiate with turks about any land return for peace. Consequently even that 800 hectares has become a hot topic with demands to win back, and Armenian public showed in that war to the whole world that it would not cede any territory and was ready to defend it with unprecedented unity.
                More importantly, under public pressure, Armenian government, MOFA, started taking a hardline position regarding ceding any territories, and a conciderable world opinion started forming about the azeri behavior that made impractical any talks about ceeding land. There has been slow but successfull attempts at pursuing an international opinion that Artsakh needs those territories for the purpose of security zones. Aprill 5 changed all the cards for phased or any kind of territory exchange. It is abvious that there can be no peace without direct participation of Artsakh.
                Now on the background of this. Here is the war of words between me and this boy Lori.
                I am trying to make him answer and give explanation for his statements.
                Unless I see a an explanation, I tend to think he is an azeri or some Armenian factional operative saboteur showing up to revive hand over territories thing in this forum. Thats my opinion. Instead of answering straigt like a man, he is pretending that I am insulting him. Here is his statements in red and mine in black. Sorry for the repeat headache guys.

Ceding some parts of the buffer zone back to the Azerbaijanis, which would allow their refugees to return, would be not only the right thing to do but the smart thing to do. We should retain Karvachar and Lachin, as those are vital to Armenian national and water security along with retaining NK itself. Aghdam, Fuzili, Zangilan, etc should be given back to Azerbaijan. These regions are nothing but desolate ruins and would become and economic burden to develop again. No one lives there as well. I know in the past 120 years, we have lost a lot - too much. Sometimes you have to compromise and Samvel is right here. Solving our problems with Azerbaijan peacefully would also allow us on focusing more of our effort on regaining regions like Kars, Ardahan and Mt. Ararat. We should have made claims to those lands yesterday....Things like the BTC pipeline would become a non-issue.

Expansionist-Lebensraum style war is an archaic ideology that does not fit into the security apparatus of modern-states.

There will be no peace without the exchanging of lands. Its that simple. I suggest you read up on all the settlement plans, you will see that there are much worse options for Armenia. Only people here who are sick in the head are the ones who actually believe that Armenia has the resources and abilities to survive this siege-like status quo.

A new status in the region is needed, the current status quo does not favor Armenia but Azerbaijan and Turkey. The lifting of the blockades, and the incorporation of Artsakh legally into Armenia should be top priority. After that, we should make territorial claims to our lands to the West. I'm tired of Azerbaijanis and this war. We need to move forward. It is in the interest of the Turk to keep us wrapped up over hectares of land for the next 100 years as they colonize our former territories with more and more Muslims.

So you agree with Azeri government that status quo cannot continue any longer? Lol
                What peace are you talking about? Has there been any sign or peace intention from Turks any time in near history?
                As long as we had an independent state we have been in war with Turks for our survival. Be it with our first republic or the third. All the time. Are you gona keep pretending that this war is about Artsakh security zones only and not about the Turkish drive to wipe out all of Armenians from there?

What is this your noncence about "Peace in Artsakh will open up road to western Armenia"? How are you connecting one to other? How can a current achievement be zeroed to something irrrelevant? Are you trying to mislead people?
                I have to question your deep motives rightfully.
                What options are you trying to scare people up with?can you list them.
                What siege are you talking about? The word "siege" with it's propaganda have come only from Turks themselfs so far, why do you pick that up?
                Are you Armenian?

Hmmm. So the current status quo favors Turks and Azeris? First time I hear this. Ingenious... So liberating our land in Artsakh is in the interest of Turks to get us wrapped up over hectares for next 100 years? I welcome that for next 100 years. But you are willing to give up that land which was won by the blood of our people and is being held by blood and wrap us with promise of other hectares in the west?

Regarding the options. Well, the phased settlement our government has been opposing for the past 20 years is the big one. That is absolute BS and unacceptable. It will lead to the death of every Armenian in the region. We must never allow this to happen.
                ----

I thought the phased settlement was rejected because it takes away security zones before guaranteeing artsak's status. So without phased settlement that has been favoring Azerbaijan all Armenians will be killed? I thought they tried it

Another would be the incorporation of Russian peace-keepers in the region along with phased settlement aka the Kazan Plan. Its absurd and never should happen. The Russians wouldn't be able to defend Artsakh if Armenia is cut off from it after the pull out of the buffer zone. The Azeris would overrun the region Ossetian-style.
                ------

Didn't Azeris try to run over Artsakh just over a month ago? Did it work?

You're joking right? What do you call these blockades? The frontline? We are being besieged by the Turks, and war is not going to solve this problem. It will only mean our eventual demise.
                -----

Agh here is the siege description which we were into and never knowing.

We also have a siege-mentality and I think your posts make it obvious. This is a direct result of our genocide and should be overcome. That is the only way we can break the Turkish siege on our nation.

-------

So wiping out my genocide memory and ending my siege mentality will break Turkish "Siege".
                Sorry, sounds too Turkish an idea.

What do you mean? Turk resumption of hostilites even after a peace treaty? That would prompt Russian invasion of Azerbaijan and perhaps even international intervention. The Azerbaijanis are quite literally batxxxx, but they are not THAT suicidal.
                -----

Right above you do not trust Russian peacekeepers but believe Russia will "invade" if Turks break treaty.
                Can you tell me on whose favor will Russia invade? Our? Really?

What I am arguing is that ceding some territory, on our terms, back to them is a much better deal than ceding the entire buffer zone back
                ------

Ohhh ahhh you're talking about some territory, not the entire zone.
                I thought this was offered and rejected by Azeris over and over for past 22 years?

Am I a troll?

Lori this is to you. How many times have you changed your story?
                I am specifically asking you to explain why there cannot be a peace without land concessions? You have not explained but called insults.
                Now you're talking to take over more land in Gandzak.
                Calm down and explain.
                Looks like you've got ideas nobody thought of.
                Why don't you enlighten people here?
                I still didn't get clear answers of how our mentality is connected with a Turkish siege, how Russia will protect the peace agreement and how and what expectations we will put land demands from turkey?
                Enlighten me please...

Comment

Lori and Hakop please argue in your inbox.

Comment

What's gonna be next Hakob does a revolution to be free from bagratuni Lori to form the kingdom of hakob

Comment

Last Bell at Monte Melkonian Military and Sports College 27.05.2016

Comment

Working...
                      X