Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
      From Edik Baghdasaryan:

Սահմանի ողջ երկայնքով դիրքերի ամրացման աշխատանքներ են տարվել եւ տարվում։ Ամենուր կարելի է տեսնել աշխատող տեխնիկա։ Ղարաբաղի կառավարությունը Ղարաբաղում եղած ամբողջ տեխնիկան մոբիլիզացրել էր եւ հանել առաջնագիծ։ Հաճախ վտանգել են իրենց կյանքը աշխատողները, բազմաթիվ անգամ հակառակորդը կրակել է նրանց ուղղությամբ։ Այստեղ ասում են՝ քսան տարում այնքան գործ չի արվել, որքան մեկ ամսվա ընթացքում։

NKR positions along the border are constantly being reinforced. Everywhere you can see working/digging equipment. Karabakh government was mobilized and utilized all the equipment in Karabakh frontline. Often workers risked their lives, many times by enemy fire in their direction . Here, they say more work has been done in the last month than over 20 years
      That has to be worrying.

What does the higher echelons of our forces have to say about that.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
        How many people knew where or what a Lele Tepe was before the Four Day War? That's its value.
        There are many places that I do not know about Armenia.

The same I could say about the country I live in.

Can we imagine if our politicians started saying we shall not give a single cm of land that I know of.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
        Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
        Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by AbuSindi View Post
          LOL same thing happened with my video.
          I have it on Google Drive though.

Comment

Don't be surprised when you hear Serj saying we lost land and we dont want those 8km because our soldiers' lives are more important.
            It's just a media stunt.
            Those positions will be retaken one after the other.

Comment

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong.
                Although I'm not familiar with "lele tepe" (sp?), enough description through much conversation brings me to this picture.
                If one. Is at the high point of the patch we lost and one looks toward artsahk, then you look down a ravine to the next rise. You cannot see much as the Armenian side is mountainous and in that direction our forces (Armenian) are on three sides.
                If one looks in the direction of the azer turcs however then one can see the sloping down to the wide flat land that extends to the caspian.
                The advantage only exists if we control the hilltop but does not exist if the azer turc controls the high point.
                If in Armenian control then we can see all the broad flats of azer turc. But if in azer turc hands then they have limited sight and have to go downhill to ravine bottom only to be required to go back uphill steeply where we are surrounding them.
                The value to the azer turc is worthless.
                A strategic value to us but not to the azer turc.
                Not worth one Armenian life. I'd be willing to give my old toenail clippings but none of my friends.
                We'll take it at our discretion and no sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Etchmiadzin View Post
                  I think this is the hill they captured and still holding but im not 100% sure.

[ATTACH]3047[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3048[/ATTACH]
                  Originally posted by AbuSindi View Post
                  Recently someone had posted a google earth image of Lele Tepe. It showed all three of our positions surrounding the hill. I cannot find it. Does anyone have it saved? I need it. It's pretty urgent.
                  I only found this one

Comment

Greece freezes Poseidon pipeline talks over Turkey-Russia deadlock

EXCLUSIVE / Athens is not planning to advance talks on the Russia-backed Poseidon pipeline, seen as a direct competitor to the EU-backed TAP pipeline, during a forthcoming visit of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s to the country.

Greece on Tuesday (17 May) launched construction on a 550-kilometre section of the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP), with Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras eager for the 8,000 jobs it will bring to the country’s crisis-hit economy.

Planned to operate from 2019, the TAP pipeline will bring gas from the vast Azerbaijani Shah Deniz 2 offshore gas field, via western Turkey, to Greece, Albania and across the Adriatic to Italy.

Tsipras said the pipeline would usher Greece and Europe into a “new era.”

“TAP is one of the greatest direct foreign investment projects carried out in Greece,” Tsipras said at the ceremony held in Thessaloniki.

A direct competitor to the offshore TAP section is Poseidon, a Gazprom-driven offshore pipeline project to bring Russian gas from Greece to Italy. A “Memorandum of Understanding” to develop Poseidon was signed on 24 February between Gazprom, Italy’s Edison and Greece’s DEPA public gas supply corporation.

But it is not clear yet how the Russian gas will reach Greece in the first place, with two options currently on the table ― via Turkey or Bulgaria.

“No essential result”

Russian President Vladimir Putin is expected in Athens on 28 May and reports in Athens suggest energy will be high in the agenda. Some reports suggested Poseidon would feature in the talks as well.

However, EurActiv.com has learnt that the main focus of Putin’s visit to Greece will not be on energy issues.

Diplomatic sources close to the issue told EurActiv.com that there would be a discussion over energy but with “no essential result”.

“Taking into account the bilateral relations between Turkey and Russia, no discussion on energy issues could make a progress,” the sources stressed.

Indeed, following the downing of the Russian jet at the Syria-Turkey border on 24 November 2015, the relations between Moscow and Ankara have deteriorated hugely, and the project called “Turkish Stream” to bring Russian gas across the Black Sea to the European territory of Turkey has been shelved.

EXCLUSIVE / Athens is not planning to advance talks on the Russia-backed Poseidon pipeline, seen as a direct competitor to the EU-backed TAP pipeline, during a forthcoming visit of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s to the country.

Comment

Su-25s being modernized in Georgia.

Photos: http://tam.ge/ge/foto-galerea/details/4

Story: http://razm.info/83597

Comment

Working...
                      X