Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Seyran Ohanyan on Samvel Babayan's return: His heroic deeds are not forgotten

No one has forgotten the deeds of the ex-head of the NKR Defense Army Samvel Babayan, Armenian Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan told reporters on May 27, when commenting on the return of the NKR national hero to Armenia and his statement "I am back with a special mission".

Ohanyan said that he has not met with Babayan personally, but he has heard a lot about his abilities. "His deeds are not forgotten," the minister said, stressing that no one prevents him from contributing to development of the NKR. "It is his own right and his task," Ohanyan stressed.

When commenting on the information that the authorities have repaid Babayan's debts, Ohanyan said: "Such questions can be answered by persons who dealt with that". In his May 26 interview, Samvel Babayan said that before the April war the authorities of Armenia did not focus their attention on security, but after the meeting in Kazan they almost stopped modernizing the Armenian armed forces, while Azerbaijan, on the contrary, started actively increasing its military potential.

Babayan also stressed that he is not going to join any political party, but he intends to return to Artsakh where he sees his "key mission, and let the people decide the rest".

Samvel Babayan is a military, statesman and political figure, Lt. General, Artsakh National Hero. Since 1992 he had been coordinating the defense operations of NKR regions, participated in the development of Shushi liberation operation, participated in the international talks for settlement of the Karabakh conflict, was commander of the NKR Defense Army. He signed the ceasefire treaty of Armenia and NKR with Azerbaijan on behalf of the NKR. He was a member of the government and security council at the NKR President. In 2001, he was accused of organizing assassination attempt on NKR president Arkady Ghoukassyan that resulted in serious wounds of the Karabakh president, one of his bodyguards and the driver. He was sentenced to 15 years of imprisonment but was pardoned by President Arkady Ghoukassyan on September 17 2010 on occasion of the 13th anniversary of the referendum of independence of NKR. He founded the Justice opposition bloc in Armenia.

In March 2005, Samvel Babayan said in an interview with RFE/RL Armenian Service that the sides to the conflict are not able to go on big concessions. Specifically, he said, the sides cannot assume the responsibility for mutual concessions. In response to the question about what particular concessions Nagorno Karabakh could make, Samvel Babayan said: "It is a fact that Nagorno Karabakh should go on concessions, cede some territories for peace, and peace not just in NKR, but also in the Caucasus, for the future.

However, it depends on how high will be the guarantee of its security. Some link the security to army, but I don't think so. Security is connected with these very territories and there are serious issues that should be settled within these frameworks. In this light, the status of Nagorno Karabakh is a secondary issue," Babayan said. It is necessary to settle the issue of refugees, forced migrants. They should return to their homes and confidence-building problems must be settled politically. As for the possibility of the resumption of military actions, the ex-minister of defense of NKR said: "If the parties fail to resolve the conflict peacefully then a war between them will take place sooner or later." He said the steps taken by the Azerbaijan army show that it is preparing for war," Samvel Babayan said.
    After the falling out and assassination attempt, I'm not sure how to interpret Seyran's statement but this is interesting either way.

When was the meeting in Kazan?

Comment

Lori , Turkish hostilities after a peace treaty is exactly what they do. Since when has Turkey even respected international law. Are you saying the Turks from the past and Turks now are different? Lastly I don't believe in Russian involvement like I once did. I used to believe Russia was like an older brother but sadly not anymore. Russia have there own interests and Armenia being economically and militarily supreme is not there interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
        After the falling out and assassination attempt, I'm not sure how to interpret Seyran's statement but this is interesting either way.
        That should not be your question or interpretation. We should be asking, why did we generate this hated guy right after a small war?
        He shows up in the country right after the war, while spreading one of the most hated subject “concessions”.
        The way I see it, he is a cannon fodder to give the sultan some hope and make believe there might be some hope. All in the name of buying time.
        His timing doesn't add up. Sorry to burst your bubble. The only concessions and land the azeris will see it will be in their dreams or when we see our Western lands from turkey (in our dreams).

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
          Azad, addressing one of your previous posts. I think there is some confusion

What I am arguing is that ceding some territory, on our terms, back to them is a much better deal than ceding the entire buffer zone back - Which is suicide.
          Do you really believe the Sultan and his gang are going to buy the idea of getting a small strip of land in the south and forgetting their beloved "Karabakh"? You should check all the settlements that the Sultan has already built all around Artsakh. These people will not rest till the region in one big turkic country. Ain't happening ... I am not sure how many times we have to be screwed to learn our lesson?

Comment

The way I see is Samve Babayan showed up to prepare Armenian public to land concessions. Just like this Lori has been suddenly actively posting about it bringing up unconnected and irrelevant security or western Armenia land demand issues tying one another very dangerously.
            This is a Russian attempt at securing a peace treaty between Armenia and Azerbaijan guaranteed with land concessions from Armenian side but with critical flaws of security guarantees which neither Russia or west cannot give and which are just a loughing joke for the Turks. Resettlement of Azeri refugees is just that, giving up land because once population changes so Armenian Artsakh will loose controll.
            This is a covert or open Russian plan worth nothing.
            It is also abvious it suits Russia heating up tensions between Armenia and turkey now with land demands for Western Armenian territories.
            An otherwise a simple attempt at never ending plan of bringing Azerbaijan closer to Russia by granting territories of Artsakh security zone.
            We have been talking about this lately a lot that Russia may help Azerbaijan gain territories in exchange of closer relations. Simple.
            And it is no accident that the word "siege" has been used before by Azeris, Turks and even Russians to describe a situation that will force Armenia to cede territories.
            I guess this territory issue is being activated again.
            They could not force it with April war, now back to using people or operatives in pushing for it.
            The funny thing is this guy comes and starts with strong wording "trolls" or circle jerk ( very inventive to describe people who do not trust land exchangers).
            I've got another "Enger Panjuni" branding me a troll for calling to answer for their propaganda.
            Last edited by Hakob; 05-27-2016, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
              This is a Russian attempt at securing a peace treaty between Armenia and Azerbaijan guaranteed with land concessions from Armenian side ...
              If that is the case, what would happen IF the sultan gets assassinated by an azeri dissident or dies of natural causes? What would happen to azerbaijan and its stability? They will have a royal funeral, blame it on the Armenians (as usual) than what?

Comment

The way I see is Samve Babayan showed up to prepare Armenian public to land concessions. Just like this Lori has been suddenly actively posting about it bringing up unconnected and irrelevant security or western Armenia land demand issues tying one another very dangerously.
                This is a Russian attempt at securing a peace treaty between Armenia and Azerbaijan guaranteed with land concessions from Armenian side but with critical flaws of security guarantees which neither Russia or west cannot give and which are just a loughing joke for the Turks. Resettlement of Azeri refugees is just that, giving up land because once population changes so Armenian Artsakh will loose controll.
                This is a covert or open Russian plan worth nothing.
                It is also abvious it suits Russia heating up tensions between Armenia and turkey now with land demands for Western Armenian territories.
                An otherwise a simple attempt at never ending plan of bringing Azerbaijan closer to Russia by granting territories of Artsakh security zone.
                We have been talking about this lately a lot that Russia may help Azerbaijan gain territories in exchange of closer relations. Simple.
                And it is no accident that the word "siege" has been used before by Azeris, Turks and even Russians to describe a situation that will force Armenia to cede territories.
                They could not force it with April war, now back to using people or operatives in pushing for it.
                The funny thing is this guy comes and starts with strong wording "trolls" or circle jerk ( very inventive to describe people who do not trust land exchangers).
                I've got another "Enger Panjuni" branding me a troll for calling to answer for their propaganda.
                You have again accused me of being a shill, this time a Russian bot. I will be reporting you to the moderators.

The word siege was used by Thomas De Waal to describe the Armenian situation. You are just fabricating all of this. Pathetic really.

Operatives? Im an operative for who exactly?

Its not inventive, its a word that is synonymous with echo chamber. You are a textbook troll. Thats it.

Propaganda lmao. Put a sock in it.

Comment

Lol.
                  Go report me to your whatever, FSB or NIO. Maybe you get to silence me?
                  You are not even living in Armenia, what "Siege" are you talking about. Let the people there decide.
                  Last edited by Hakob; 05-27-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

This talk about ceding territories. Do you think if the turks were in our shoes , would it even be on the table? It seems we as people have lost track of what the turks original plan is. Aliyev describes Armenia as a tumor that must be culled from the caucus. If a single person including our politicians think they will stop in artsakh then they are either fools or traitors. It's just that simple. Also do you really think the common artsakhtsis will cede any lands? (except maybe serj, he's a Russian stooge)
                    If by any miracle artsakhtsis consider and do that, then they should not complain when genocide part 2 happens. Also its that simple.current status qou is best and should be held until geopolitical situation is changed somehow and then we will reconsider our options.

Comment

This talk about ceding territories. Do you think if the turks were in our shoes , would it even be on the table? It seems we as people have lost track of what the turks original plan is. Aliyev describes Armenia as a tumor that must be culled from the caucus. If a single person including our politicians think they will stop in artsakh then they are either fools or traitors. It's just that simple. Also do you really think the common artsakhtsis will cede any lands? (except maybe serj, he's a Russian stooge)
                      If by any miracle artsakhtsis consider and do that, then they should not complain when genocide part 2 happens. Also its that simple.current status qou is best and should be held until geopolitical situation is changed somehow and then we will reconsider our options.
                      Turks are cowards, they would surrender their entire state if they were in our shoes. The Turk plans haven't changed since Ataturk: Pan-Turkism and Turkish ultra-nationalism. What Aliyev says and does is not important. He is a Turkish puppet who is only interested in maintaining his power and riches. He is the Turk equivalent of Lukashenko. What the Azeri generals say and do is what is important, as they are either from Turkey or directly controlled by Turkish MoD and General Staff. (They are controlled by the Kemalists)

This talk about Russia attempting to force Armenia to give away parts of Artsakh to appease the Azeris: I have no love for the Kremlin or Putin, I'm far from being a Russophile. But this is simply a rumor. A very malicious one.

If the Russians sincerely believed Azerbaijan could be reintegrated into their sphere, they would have forced Armenia to give up territory at least 15 years ago. Azerbaijan is permanently lost for them, it is Turkish territory now. (However that doesn't stop them from trying. See the arms sales to Baku)

A user submitted this source on Armenian wikipedia. It shows BM-30 Smerch lined up next to our Osa AA systems. This was part of the Shant 2015 exercises

http://www.panorama.am/am/politics/2015/09/11/baghramyan-shant/Բաղրամյան ուսումնական կենտրոնի զորավարժարանում անցկացվում է «Շանթ 2015» զորավարժությունների ռա...

However it seems as if this belonged to the Russian base? The camo seems like a giveaway.
                      Last edited by Lori; 05-27-2016, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X