Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Demonstration in azrbaijan, for a few days now...

Արդեն մի քանի օր է, ինչ Բաքվում ընթանում են չարտոնված հանրահավաքներ և բողոքի ցույցեր:Միջոցառումների կազմակերպիչները մուսաֆաթականներն են կամ ազգային ճակատի նե...

Comment

Full mobilization to be announced in Azerbaijan

August 03, 2010 | 17:58

Male citizens of Azerbaijan aged 18-45 who want to leave the country will be denied visas at foreign embassies. Visas will only be issued to persons going on business trips, an Azeri businessman who was denied a visa told the Yeni Musavat newspaper.

“I wanted to go to Dubai, but the embassy denied me a visa, through I go there several times a year. I went to the Chinese Embassy and they denied me as well. I said I would complain, but an embassy staffer told me the Azerbaijani Government instructed them not to issues visas to males aged 18-45,” the businessman said.

The newspaper conducted an investigation and found out that all the foreign diplomatic missions in Azerbaijan have followed this principle over the past month.

Talking to the newspaper, an expert pointed out males aged 18-45 are subject to mobilization. He advised looking for the reasons in the Azerbaijani authorities’ militant rhetoric.

“Males aged 18-45 are not allowed to leave the country, as about 50% of Azerbaijani citizens of this age are outside the country. If the rest leave, it will cause problems in case of mobilization,” the expert said.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
        Full mobilization to be announced in Azerbaijan

August 03, 2010 | 17:58

Male citizens of Azerbaijan aged 18-45 who want to leave the country will be denied visas at foreign embassies. Visas will only be issued to persons going on business trips, an Azeri businessman who was denied a visa told the Yeni Musavat newspaper.

“I wanted to go to Dubai, but the embassy denied me a visa, through I go there several times a year. I went to the Chinese Embassy and they denied me as well. I said I would complain, but an embassy staffer told me the Azerbaijani Government instructed them not to issues visas to males aged 18-45,” the businessman said.

The newspaper conducted an investigation and found out that all the foreign diplomatic missions in Azerbaijan have followed this principle over the past month.

Talking to the newspaper, an expert pointed out males aged 18-45 are subject to mobilization. He advised looking for the reasons in the Azerbaijani authorities’ militant rhetoric.

“Males aged 18-45 are not allowed to leave the country, as about 50% of Azerbaijani citizens of this age are outside the country. If the rest leave, it will cause problems in case of mobilization,” the expert said.

http://news.am/eng/news/26831.html
        What to think of this? hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
          What to think of this? hmmm
          I think we all know what is the meaning of this..

Comment

Originally posted by AstalaVist View Post
            I think we all know what is the meaning of this..
            Its not new guys ...same problem in georgia and armenia about the male population its total true.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
              Its not new guys ...same problem in georgia and armenia about the male population its total true.
              Im talking about the mobilization part, what are the bastards planning to do

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                Im talking about the mobilization part, what are the bastards planning to do
                Didn't we had some sort of general call to mobilization and/or call for people to be prepared too some months ago? I remember there was an article about it on Azatutyun radio, that all men between these and these ages were being called to report.

Besides, there are some things that I could find on these issue and I think are interesting. News.am were the only source who independently spoke about "general mobilization", citing the newspaper Yeni Musavat, all other news sources I could found were only linking back to news.am. However, I did an extensive research on the Yeni Musavat newspaper, and the only news somehow related to the ones presented in news.am where this one, where it basically speaks about problems of Azerbaijani citizens aging 18 to 65 to get visas to go the UAE, but that the problem has been solved.

Also, this same news was reported on tert.am in this link.

Besides all that, I could find these article in the Russian news Novyi Region in this link. It basically speaks about the cease fire violations increasing number, reports on Azerbaijani airplanes flying near NKR airspace border, drawing a comparison with Georgian airplanes flying over South Ossetia that developed into the August 08 war, Karabakhtsis speaking about tension after the June 18 incident, and Hmayak Hovhannisyan saying that Armenia is very vulnerable in the military sense because its loses mean danger for the entire Armenian population.

I couldn't find anything speaking about Azerbaijani men being prohibited from flying outside of Azerbaijan, and "experts" speaking about a possible mobilization.

If anyone else found something it might be interest to check it.
                Last edited by ashot24; 08-04-2010, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Four Arrested In Armenian Army Death Probe

Armenia -- Lieutenant Artak Nazarian, undated.

Anush Martirosian

Amid continuing allegations of a cover-up, the Armenian military announced on Wednesday the arrests of four servicemen in connection with last week’s suspicious death of a junior army officer.

Military investigators acknowledged that Lieutenant Artak Nazarian was ill-treated by at least one fellow officer and soldiers of his unit stationed in the northeastern Tavush region bordering Azerbaijan. They effectively insisted, nonetheless, that he shot himself while on combat duty.

A statement by the Defense Ministry said a criminal investigation into the incident, which has shocked many Armenians, is being conducted under a Criminal Code article that deals with “inducing suicides” through violence and humiliation.

One of the reported detainees is Captain Hakob Manukian, a deputy commander of the battalion where Nazarian had served since last November. The ministry statement said Manukian is suspected of beating up and humiliating the 30-year-old officer in a way that led to “severe consequences.”

According to the Defense Ministry, the three other detainees, all of them army conscripts, also assaulted Nazarian. No further details were reported.

None of the four men has been formally charged yet. The accusation that can be leveled against Manukian carries between three and eight years’ imprisonment, while the three soldiers are facing the possibility of up to twelve years in jail.

Nazarian’s relatives say a forensic examination of his exposed numerous injuries to his face, hands, shoulders and feet, which they believe were inflicted several hours before the shooting. They on Wednesday stood by their view that he was killed by other servicemen.

“They have no intention to solve the crime. They are simply covering it up,” Nazarian’s mother, Hasmik Hovannisian, told RFE/RL’s Armenian service, commenting on the announced arrests.

“I am convinced that it was a murder, not a suicide,” said Sona Nazarian, one of the lieutenant’s two sisters.

The relatives said earlier that Nazarian, who enrolled in contractual military service in November, had difficult relations with his commanders. They said he was treated as a “weak” officer who can not harshly impose his will on soldiers.

According to the military, Nazarian was found dead at an army outpost on July 27, the day before an even more serious incident that occurred in another frontline unit. Six soldiers were shot dead there in still unclear circumstances.

The shootings are widely regarded as being the result of chronic abuse and mismanagement within Armenia’s Armed Forces. Defense Minister Seyran Ohanian has assured the victims’ families that “all necessary measures are being taken to identify the causes of the incidents and hold the guilty accountable.”

Amid continuing allegations of a cover-up, the Armenian military announced on Wednesday the arrests of four servicemen in connection with last week’s suspicious death of a junior army officer.
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Armenian airforce Il76

Comment

ArmeniaR1. Ko Private Messages 4ashatum.

Comment

Working...
                      X