Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
    No modern military can win a war without a proper Airforce.........some Armenians are stuck in defense only mentality. In that case yes, you guys don't need an Airforce. Dig in deep and keep.

Others know the reality of modern warfare and an Airforce is a must. Airstrikes and special ops come before tanks start rolling and soldiers start marching.
    One need look no further than the accomplishments of the Syrian army with the enhancement of the small Russian airforce introduction to see the truth of Eddo's post.
    Steroids for ground force is spelled ... Aircraft.

Comment

Armenian Army
      Special forces

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
        One need look no further than the accomplishments of the Syrian army with the enhancement of the small Russian airforce introduction to see the truth of Eddo's post.
        Steroids for ground force is spelled ... Aircraft.
        Airforce = total domination these days
        Go big or go home!

Comment

Guys I totally agree with you, but every-time we are arguing on the same topic "Aircrafts". Yes I would like to see SU-35s flying in our sky but cost perspective we cannot afford these toys. Our budget is so tiny and we cannot afford to pay for the: 1)Repair 2)Maintenance 3)Fuel and if we buy we are not going to be able to buy a squadron of 12. Maximum 4 which is useless.
          Yes in Syria they play a huge role since the enemy doesn't have S-300, Igla-S, Krug, Kub, S-75, S-125, Osa, Shilka, and else I mean look at our defense capability Azeries wont dare to fly a single plane near the border! Do you know what it will mean for Azeries if Armenia shoots down 2 or 3 aircrafts during war? -War in Armenias favor! The same thing will mean for us if we lose some aircrafts. So lets not buy and waste money on them. I am crazy to see military aircrafts in Armenia I've uploaded a video once about our toys ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFK__h0X4U ) I even wanted to apply Khamperiants Institute but...

Comment

«Հրապարակ». Անկախության 25-ամյակի առթիվ աննախադեպ շքերթ կլինի, եթե էլի ռուսները «չփչացնեն»

«Հրապարակ» թերթը գրում է. «Անկախության 25-ամյակի կապակցությամբ հայրենի իշխանությունները ծրագրել են աննախադեպ շքերթ անցկացնել, հիմիկվանից արդեն նախապատրաստական աշխատանքներ են ընթանում։ Խոսակցություններ կան, որ 25-ամյակի շրջանակներում հանրահայտ «դեմքեր» են Հայաստան ժամանելու։

Հիշենք, որ հինգ տարի առաջ էլ Հայաստանում ներկայանալի ռազմական շքերթ անցկացվեց, որը, սակայն, «փչացավ», երբ հրապարակում հայտնվեցին ռուսական բանակի զինվորները, ու ծածանվեց ռուսական դրոշը»:

Հինգ տարի առաջ էլ Հայաստանում ներկայանալի ռազմական շքերթ անցկացվեց, որը, սակայն, «փչացավ», երբ հրապարակում հայտնվեցին ռուսական բանակի զինվորները…

Comment

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
              «Հրապարակ». Անկախության 25-ամյակի առթիվ աննախադեպ շքերթ կլինի, եթե էլի ռուսները «չփչացնեն»

«Հրապարակ» թերթը գրում է. «Անկախության 25-ամյակի կապակցությամբ հայրենի իշխանությունները ծրագրել են աննախադեպ շքերթ անցկացնել, հիմիկվանից արդեն նախապատրաստական աշխատանքներ են ընթանում։ Խոսակցություններ կան, որ 25-ամյակի շրջանակներում հանրահայտ «դեմքեր» են Հայաստան ժամանելու։

Հիշենք, որ հինգ տարի առաջ էլ Հայաստանում ներկայանալի ռազմական շքերթ անցկացվեց, որը, սակայն, «փչացավ», երբ հրապարակում հայտնվեցին ռուսական բանակի զինվորները, ու ծածանվեց ռուսական դրոշը»:

http://news.am/arm/news/313346.html
              This newspaper sounds like it's on Erdogan's payroll. Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
                Guys I totally agree with you, but every-time we are arguing on the same topic "Aircrafts". Yes I would like to see SU-35s flying in our sky but cost perspective we cannot afford these toys. Our budget is so tiny and we cannot afford to pay for the: 1)Repair 2)Maintenance 3)Fuel and if we buy we are not going to be able to buy a squadron of 12. Maximum 4 which is useless.
                Yes in Syria they play a huge role since the enemy doesn't have S-300, Igla-S, Krug, Kub, S-75, S-125, Osa, Shilka, and else I mean look at our defense capability Azeries wont dare to fly a single plane near the border! Do you know what it will mean for Azeries if Armenia shoots down 2 or 3 aircrafts during war? -War in Armenias favor! The same thing will mean for us if we lose some aircrafts. So lets not buy and waste money on them. I am crazy to see military aircrafts in Armenia I've uploaded a video once about our toys ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFK__h0X4U ) I even wanted to apply Khamperiants Institute but...
                Keep believing.
                Our MoD is smart, and I have confidence in their purchases. (Unlike what I've seen all my life in Lebanon)
                And, Mig-29S/SMT would be perfect for a start

Comment

Seyran Ohanyan Visited the Yerevan Computer Research and Development Institute

23 FEBRUARY 2016
                  On February 23rd, Minister of Defence of the Republic of Armenia Seyran Ohanyan visited the Yerevan Computer Research and Development Institute, toured around the premises and acquainted himself with new constructions.

Institute director Arsen Taroyan presented the newly renovated premises of the presentation center of the military industrial state committee under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Defence, as well as other issues related to the center. Ongoing works and future plans of the enterprise were also presented. During the tour, Arsen Taroyan made reference to the long-term development of the military industrial enterprises and presented several proposals.

The head of the defence administration valued the work done at the research institute, made several recommendations for the furnishing and launch of the presentation center, and encouraged the the military industrial state committee to strengthen links with other branches of the economy, and consider questions of consumption.

During the meeting, an idea concerning the creation of a new website was discussed, where all military-industrial production of Armenia will be presented.
                  On February 23rd, Minister of Defence of the Republic of Armenia Seyran Ohanyan visited the Yerevan Computer Research and Development Institute, toured around the premises and acquainted himself with new constructions.

Comment

I thank Azerbaijan MFA clowns for entertaining me everyday

Azerbaijan sends protest letter to Russia for selling of weapons to Armenia

The Azerbaijani Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) has sent a letter of protest to the Russian MFA, in connection with the Russia-Armenia loan agreement which entered into force on February 10, and with respect to selling US$200-million worth military equipment and armament to the Armenian side.

Spokesperson of the Azerbaijan MFA, Hikmet Hajiyev, told the aforesaid to Vesti.Az news agency of the country.

It is noted that the supplying of modern weaponry to Armenia does not contribute to the resolution of the Karabakh conflict, and it leads to an escalation of tension in the region.

Hajiyev added that, in this connection, Azerbaijan awaits guarantees from the exporting country that the sold weapons and military equipment will not be deployed in Nagorno-Karabakh and on the Armenia-Azerbaijan border.

Comment

Students from the Monte Melqonyan Military School of the Republic of Armenia Won First Place at the "Young Patriotis" Competition

23 FEBRUARY 2016
                      The team from the Monte Melqonyan Military School of the Republic of Armenia that beat 42 other participating nations and won first place in the "Young Patriots" international competition taking place in Perm, Russia from February 12th to February 21st, arrived in Armenia on February 22nd.

The commanding staff of the Monte Melqonyan Military School, parents and friends welcomed the participants at the "Zvartnots" airport.The winners brought with them the championship cup, medals and "Hero of the Day" badges.

The "Young Patriots" competition, in which students from the Monte Melqonyan Military School have participated since 2011, consists of teams from CIS countries Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan, and Kirghistan. This year Chinese youth also participated in the event.

During the meeting, the teams competed in a military relay race, an obstacle course, shooting, military topography, team exercises, etc. The students had excellent performances in all competitions, and were able to complete theoretical and practical exercises in a timely fashion. The students consider the main factor of their third victory in the international competition to be unity and well preparedness.
                      The team from the Monte Melqonyan Military School of the Republic of Armenia that beat 42 other participating nations and won first place in the "Young Patriots" international competition taking place in Perm, Russia from February 12th to February 21st, arrived in Armenia on February 22nd.

Comment

Working...
                      X