Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Military Recognition: Armenia and Artsakh

They need to step up with their social media and overall PR game. If I were Armenia I would park those 29 tanks or whichever ones still function, side by side and post pictures. I would take atleast 50 of those 300 bodies and take a picture with close ups of their uniforms.. we need to destroy their moral and a great way of doing that is to shut all these turks on social media up by showcasing it.

Comment

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
      We are of full scale war.......lets not fool ourselves.
      Fed knows what I mean.
      I would not say full scale but definitely a war. It will become full scale the moment the first shell hits Stepanakert.
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
        They need to step up with their social media and overall PR game.
        The best thing we can do is exposed the alyiev family's corruption and the timing of the war that started to distract their population.

Comment

Comment

This should remain war between Azeris and Artsakh (not Armenia).......position is 90 percent of ownership.

So, are we going to be happy if Azeri Army returns to start position and we go back to our good old defense positions. Is this what we want!!!! are we going to let them get away from their failure using scale attack on the frontline using everything they got (including the kitchen sink) but except their shiny Mig-29s, like I said years ago they will not bring in their Migs.

constant shelling of Stepanaket will be too late. We must liberate our TERRITORIES East of contact line and hold it.

Why can't we shell Baku......we can close that gap now during time that Azeri moral is low and they failed to accomplish their mission. Fck CSTO
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Hopefully we start hearing some good news...

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                So, are we going to be happy if Azeri Army returns to start position and we go back to our good old defense positions. Is this what we want!!!!
                This is the only timing the alyiev will be able to do anything. Oil prices are going to stay low for a long time. He will not be able to buy any additional armaments let alone keep his country and people under control. There is going to come a time where he is going to be on the run and the country will be in disarray, by then we will rearrange the border as we want. All we have to do now hold on for less than a year for him to be toppled. Soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                  I would not say full scale but definitely a war. It will become full scale the moment the first shell hits Stepanakert.
                  If a full scale war erupts , a lot of diasporans are coming. People are just waiting to see what's going to happen. I think Azerbaijan is going to suffer a major defeat. Armenians are pumped for this and all we have to do is absolutely unleash fire power on the enemy with no restrictions. Basically burn every maggot you see heading towards us. Turks have no soul and I am like them. I am a product of there own creation . I am ASALA, I'm a Tashnag, a Hunchak a Sasountsi with Kilikia blood . I'm an animal .. They want to kill our men , we will enslave there's.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                    I agree, it's war but definitely not "full scale".
                    Our military is showing a great deal of restraint and discretion.
                    Originally Artsahk wanted to naturally join Hayastan but was prevented by world community for geopoliticle self serving interests. This actually worked in our favor as Artsahk is an "invisible" garage for us (Hayr).
                    All this is a smoke screen for those who can't or won't comprehend the truth. Think about it, Armenia doesn't recognize Artsahk , lol. Let me rephrase that ... Armenia doesn't recognize Armenia. The world gamers can suck that up, but we know reality.
                    Our forces are showing (1) great restraint, (2) great resolve, (3) wonderful professionalism, (4) a coolness that is part of our nature, (5) too much more to enumerate.
                    Monkeys came at us with virtually everything and we simply respond like its a ping pong game and knock the ball back to them. They are belittled and are to proud and stupid to know it.
                    Full scale war and baboons are toast. They'll never look the same.

Comment

De Waal: Kremlin 'Not Primary Actor' Behind Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
                      April 4, 2016 - 10:19pm, by Arzu Geybullayeva Armenia Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh Russia
                      A EurasiaNet Partner Post from: RFE/RL
                      A noted Western expert on the Caucasus says tensions between Azerbaijanis and Armenians over the region of Nagorno-Karabakh make their dispute one of the most menacing unresolved conflicts from the time the Soviet Union was breaking up in the early 1990s.

But Thomas de Waal, a senior associate with Carnegie Europe who specializes in Eastern Europe and the Caucasus region, rejects the view that recent fighting has been orchestrated by Moscow as part of a larger Kremlin strategy to hold sway in the region.

Formerly a journalist who covered Russia and the Caucasus region, de Waal is the author of one of the most authoritative books on Nagorno-Karabakh, Black Garden: Armenia And Azerbaijan Through Peace And War. De Waal tells RFE/RL's Azerbaijani Service that he rejects the conclusion of Western experts who view Moscow as a primary actor behind the recent outbreak of fighting in the disputed region.

Nagorno-Karabakh, populated mainly by ethnic Armenians, declared independence from Azerbaijan amid a 1988-94 war that claimed an estimated 30,000 lives and displaced hundreds of thousands of people. Diplomatic efforts to settle the conflict have brought little progress.

RFE/RL: What are your thoughts about the collapse of the cease-fire in Nagorno-Karabakh and the resurgence of fighting between Azerbaijani and Armenian troops?

De Waal: This is the kind of really bad incident that a lot of us have been fearing for some time. It looks like a really bad breakdown of the cease-fire. The problem is that the cease-fire line, the line of contact, is so militarized now. There's all this heavy weaponry on either side -- including aircraft and drones and helicopters being used. It is spring, which is also a traditional time when the cease-fire starts to get broken -- in the spring and in the summer.
                      When the cease-fire gets violated, it's usually on political grounds. It's not by accident that there is a strong political chain of command going up from the commanders all the way up to the top.

RFE/RL: There is a tendency for some in the West to see Russia as an instigator trying to manufacture a situation where it can intervene and deploy Russian peacekeepers on the ground in Nagorno-Karabakh. Do you think it is part of a game being played or orchestrated by Moscow?

De Waal: Personally, I think it is a mistake to think that Moscow is the primary actor. I think Armenia and Azerbaijan are the primary actors in this conflict. And Moscow is a strong secondary actor, but it is not manipulating everything. It is not running the show.

The person who is the most senior diplomat involved in the conflict is [Russian Foreign Minister] Sergei Lavrov. He knows the conflict incredibly well, meets the presidents regularly, and has a new peace plan, we are told, which he has been pushing and seems to involve some Russian peacekeeping element.

But the Russian military is a little bit in Armenia and in Daghestan -- but it's not in Azerbaijan. So there's not a lot that the Russian Defense Ministry can do. They can certainly have some influence on the Armenian side but not particularly on the Azerbaijani side. We're talking about Lavrov and, perhaps, [Russian President Vladimir] Putin getting on the phone.

RFE/RL: How would you respond to those who see the hand of Russia behind the collapse of the cease-fire, particularly at a time when the president of Azerbaijan was in Washington to attend the nuclear summit that Russia skipped?

De Waal: I'm skeptical that Russia can organize violence on the cease-fire line [in Nagorno-Karabakh.] Obviously, it looks a bit curious that the president is in Washington and, suddenly, fighting breaks out on the ground -- and then the Kremlin calls for peace.

But I think we should be a little cautious about that because both the Armenian and Azerbaijani militaries are very strongly independent. They don't like to be pushed around by Moscow. Traditionally, the side that breaks the cease-fire more is the Azerbaijani side because they don't like the status quo of their land occupied. So they have more reason to break the cease-fire.

But once things get going, once the fighting gets started, then that becomes a bit irrelevant because both sides exchange fire and do operations across the front line. So it's incredibly hard to say who started it. And at some point, that becomes irrelevant.

RFE/RL: The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) has meetings in Vienna on April 4 and 5 to address the cease-fire collapse in Nagorno-Karabakh. Is that something that can make a difference? Or how else can the international community make a difference diplomatically?

De Waal: The OSCE Minsk Group is no longer so powerful as it was. Basically, they work at the pleasure of the presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan. They try to manage the cease-fire. They try to organize things between the presidents [of Armenia and Azerbaijan]. But they are certainly not running the show.

The people who can make a difference [in diplomacy] are basically in Washington and in Moscow, in particular. But even there, I think it's actually very hard once a military operation is there on the ground for any third party to stop things on the ground. There are only six OSCE monitors in the region. There are no peacekeepers. The only thing is to do political pressure, which is obviously easier from Moscow. But even there, Nagorno-Karabakh is the No. 1 national issue both for Armenia and Azerbaijan. They don't always listen to Moscow if they think it doesn't suit their national interest.

RFE/RL: Who has the most to gain from the collapse of the cease-fire and what does that tell us about what needs to be done to stop the fighting?

De Waal: I think the Azerbaijani side is quite negative about practicing the cease-fire without any political process because they see that it basically normalizes the status quo in which Azerbaijani lands are occupied. What this proves is that there is a need for a bigger political intervention to try to restart the political process. But to do that, you need the cooperation of Moscow and Washington. You need them to agree on who the peacekeepers will be. And it is much harder for Washington and Moscow to agree on these kind of things now than it was a few years ago.

Editor's note: Copyright (c) 2016. RFE/RL, Inc. Reprinted with the permission of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, 1201 Connecticut Ave., N.W. Washington DC 20036.

Comment

Working...
                      X