Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Federate View Post
    We need to discuss letting Armenians with foreign citizenships into our army with Russia? Is this a part of the CSTO agreement or what?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Armenians from abroad to serve in Armenian army?
    September 15, 2010 | 19:35

The RA Ministry of Defense is now discussing the issue of military service for Armenians who are foreign citizens, Ra Minister of Defense Seyran Ohanyan stated in Parliament.

According to him, many Armenians residing abroad ask the RA Ministry of Defense to allow them to serve in the Armenian army. The Minister reported he plans to discuss the issue with his Russian counterpart Anatoly Serdyukov.

http://news.am/eng/news/31021.html
    I thought many Armenians were living abroad to avoid military
    service!
    I personally know some in Ukraine and Russia from ealry 90s to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      The thing we don't get who will be let in to serve in the Armenian army, it could be Armenians with Russian passports, than you need to discuss this with Russia. Because Russia is the only country where huge amount of Armenians live that still has conscript army.
      Right. So Seyran Ohanyan might be implicitly saying that the majority of these diasporans who want to serve in the Armenian army are from Russia.
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
        I thought many Armenians were living abroad to avoid military
        service!
        I personally know some in Ukraine and Russia from ealry 90s to this day.
        Right. So Seyran Ohanyan might be implicitly saying that the majority of these diasporans who want to serve in the Armenian army are from Russia.
        Could be or they are people who are trying to avoid conscription by fleeing to Russia till they are of a certain age, like hrai said. An other option could be Armenians coming to serve in Armenia instead of in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
          I appreciate your "patriotism" !

I hope you realize nukes are not the same as firecrackers.

Do you understand the impact and I do not mean political or military but ecological of even a single such explosion in the vicinity of Armenia?

Chernobyl was a picnic in the park compared to nukes and look at the impact it had and how widespread its effect was.
          Eastern Anatolia wont be nuked ofcourse, that's ours, also kurds live there. I don't have any beats with them. I've 2 good kurd friends. the borders of western borders of Erzerum, Bitlis, and Mush are atleast 300km from Yerevan, which is more than enough. 1000 nukes might be a little overkill, sure.
          And you dont have to nuke every town and village, you only take out the biggest cities, the nuclear fallout carried by wind and atmosphere will take care of the surrounding areas.
          After this the whole country will collapse on itself, widespread panic should take care of the rest. There wont be time to rescue anything.
          And this has nothing to do with patriotism, it's about survival. Either Turkey or Armenia gets destroyed, we can't live together.
          Don't be so naive to think that they would not do the same if they had the capability, they would not hesitate a second. They'd love to see Armenia dissapear.
          I only hope the current goverment understands how important this is before it's too late, but I think we're too nice to even think about it.
          Last edited by arakeretzig; 09-15-2010, 02:40 PM.

Comment

We need to discuss letting Armenians with foreign citizenships into our army with Russia? Is this a part of the CSTO agreement or what?
            ----------------------------------------------------------------
            Armenians from abroad to serve in Armenian army?
            September 15, 2010 | 19:35

The RA Ministry of Defense is now discussing the issue of military service for Armenians who are foreign citizens, Ra Minister of Defense Seyran Ohanyan stated in Parliament.

According to him, many Armenians residing abroad ask the RA Ministry of Defense to allow them to serve in the Armenian army. The Minister reported he plans to discuss the issue with his Russian counterpart Anatoly Serdyukov.

http://news.am/eng/news/31021.html
            It would be great if we could get in also from Greece....sweet i could leave for 5 months is that would be ok or we should stay longer!Cause i dont know about that..maybe in same specialty that i got in Greece will save time from training just saying....

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
              Eastern Anatolia wont be nuked ofcourse, that's ours, also kurds live there. I don't have any beats with them. I've 2 good kurd friends. the borders of western borders of Erzerum, Bitlis, and Mush are atleast 300km from Yerevan, which is more than enough. 1000 nukes might be a little overkill, sure.
              And you dont have to nuke every town and village, you only take out the biggest cities, the nuclear fallout carried by wind and atmosphere will take care of the surrounding areas.
              After this the whole country will collapse on itself, widespread panic should take care of the rest. There wont be time to rescue anything.
              And this has nothing to do with patriotism, it's about survival. Either Turkey or Armenia gets destroyed, we can't live together.
              Don't be so naive to think that they would not do the same if they had the capability, they would not hesitate a second. They'd love to see Armenia dissapear.
              I only hope the current goverment understands how important this is before it's too late, but I think we're too nice to even think about it.

Ok if you really insist I will agree with you !!

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
              Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
              Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Looks like the "subversive unit member" Azerbaijan has taken captive is a simple shepherd.
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Armenian ‘Shepherd’ Captured By Azerbaijan
                Sargis Harutyunyan

Authorities in Armenian insisted on Wednesday that an Armenian man reportedly detained in Azerbaijan over the weekend is a civilian and not a serviceman, as is claimed by Baku.

The Azerbaijani Defense Ministry said on Monday that it captured one of the members of an Armenian “reconnaissance group” which it said illegally crossed into western Azerbaijan on Saturday. It said the group was tasked by Armenian security services with carrying out armed “provocations.” The captured man was identified as Manvel Saribekian.

Military officials in Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh were quick to dismiss the claims as “disinformation.” The Armenian Defense Ministry accused the Azerbaijani side on Tuesday of “continuing to destabilize the situation in the region with false reports.”

A ministry spokesman, Mushegh Aghekian, on Thursday confirmed the captive’s identity and said he is a resident of Tutujur, a village in northeastern Armenia close to the Azerbaijani border. Aghekian said Saribekian accidentally strayed into Azerbaijani territory while grazing cattle in the area.

“According to information received from the police, he left his house on September 11 for a mountainous location close to the Armenian-Azerbaijani border and never returned home,” the official told RFE/RL’s Armenian service. “The civilian’s relatives appealed to law-enforcement bodies and the Armenian office of the Red Cross for assistance.”

Instances of Armenian and Azerbaijani civilians crossing the heavily militarized border between their countries, apparently after losing their way, are not uncommon. In April, for example, Armenia repatriated an Azerbaijani man who was detained in its northern Tavush region last December. It remained unclear whether the 46-year-old Eldar Tagiyev the crossed the Armenian frontier intentionally or by accident.

The latest incident occurred just over a week after at least four Azerbaijani soldiers were killed in skirmishes with Armenian forces in northern Karabakh. It was the most serious ceasefire violation on the main Armenian-Azerbaijani “line of contact” in months. Each warring side blamed the other for the deadly fighting strongly condemned by international mediators.

Authorities in Armenian insisted on Wednesday that an Armenian man reportedly detained in Azerbaijan over the weekend is a civilian and not a serviceman, as is claimed by Baku.
                Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Photos of the Armenian Army:

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
                    Photos of the Armenian Army:

Thats our boys Well Done Houraa!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
                      nukes are tempting but can't be the answer. volunteers should infiltrate and create "family" problems for turcs, the spate of "honor killings" of turc women would guarantee a downturn in the turc spawn rate and eventually lead to the end of them.
                      For me, kurd/turc/turd/kurc/turc/kurd.

Comment

Working...
                      X