Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    Electric Yerevan was never about Russia. I was there every single night and I know many of the organizers. It was about the corrupt davajan citizens of Armenia within the Electric Network of Armenia leadership who were screwing over the country for making themselves wealthy. First day one group showed up with EU flags, and people beat them up and threw them out. Russia might have been the owner, but it was Armenians running it and stealing from it. However, Russia being the paranoid brutish country that it is, first insulted the movement and tried to get it shut down, and once people's attention turned to it, it panicked and gave Armenia a bunch of concessions nobody was asking for.

Anyway, I think we need to play our hand carefully and not get too ahead of ourselves. Nobody ever suggested Russia is a friendly country or an ally. But one of the reasons we managed to survive and win, was because we didn't piss them off last few years and we continued to receive cheap weapons. Azerbaijan is on the path to self destruction. We need to not change course dramatically until that happens, then we can weigh our options.
    I was there too, many many nights. We wouldn't lose anything if we organized a peaceful, civilized protest without any stupid provocations.

Comment

Azeri actions against Artsakh resemble ISIS atrocities

13:48, 08 Apr 2016

Siranush Ghazanchyan

International press compares the actions of Azerbaijan forces in Artsakh to the atrocities done by ISIS.

The involvement of the members of ISIS in Azerbaijan and their participation in Artsakh-Azerbaijani borders in April has become a matter of discussion and great concern in different international media sources.

In Italian Spondasud.it website the analyst finds similarities between actions of Azerbaijani in Artsakh and actions done by ISIS in Syria and Iraq. The Italian site stresses that beheading people or cutting their ears is typical of terrorists and the members of ISIS tend to boast about it.

In Ezdipress website, the cruel death of the soldier of Yezidi decent and the publication of the photos have awakened great contempt among yezidi users. In the comment section of the website there are hundreds of comments, where the readers draw parallels between Azerbaijan and ISIS, stressing that Azerbaijan is not that different from ISIS. Majority of users consider the actions of Azerbaijan military forces as war crimes. In the same website Azerbaijani users also took in part in the discussion, these users not only they accept atrocities done by Azerbaijani soldiers, but also they stress that everything is allowed during war.

The fact,that the members of ISIS are fighting in Karabakh, is also confirmed by the ISNA site. “100 Azerbaijani solders who are members of ISIS, have returned to their home country from Syria in order to participate in the war against NK,” the site writes.

ISNA writes that the members of ISIS, who are of Azerbaijani decent and whose number is near 100, have left Syria with the intention of participating in Karabakh War, are returning to their country through Turkey.

In this context, the news provided by the Azerbaijan media are crucially important, that Turkish special subdivision have arrived in Azerbaijan in a helicopter to move the bodies of the fellow soldiers to Turkey. Doing the analysis the media sources mentioned above point out the participation of Azerbaijan in ISIS and that the number of soldiers were 3000.

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

A four-day war between Azerbaijan and Armenia points to a global need to help countries dependent on oil exports find new sources of wealth.

COMMENTARY THE MONITOR'S VIEW
        The Monitor's View
        Tale of a short war and a long dependency on oil

HARMONY IN ECONOMIES A four-day war between Azerbaijan and Armenia points to a global need to help countries dependent on oil exports find new sources of wealth.
        By the Monitor's Editorial Board APRIL 6, 2016

Wars between countries have become rare in the past quarter century, a result in part of better peace diplomacy. This trend, however, was marred in early April by four days of fighting between the forces of two rival nations, Azerbaijan and Armenia. Dozens were killed. While a truce was quickly arranged, the probable trigger remains. And it points to a global problem: As oil prices have fallen, leaders of oil-dependent states are taking desperate measures to survive.

Initial evidence points to Azerbaijan initiating the conflict. Its authoritarian president, Ilham Aliyev, has failed over the past decade to diversify the economy from its heavy reliance on oil exports. Protests have escalated as a recession has taken hold and inflation has risen. Per capita income has declined by almost half. Repression of dissidents has increased.

In recent months, Mr. Aliyev has escalated his rhetoric about retaking the Nagorno-Karabakh enclave, which has been under Armenian occupation for more than 20 years. Such talk could be designed to divert attention from rising poverty. “The government may feel the need to rally support around the flag,” writes Magdalena Grono of the International Crisis Group.

Azerbaijan’s apparent adventurism certainly requires the attention of the European Union, Russia, and others that have tried to mediate an end to the dispute over Nagorno-Karabakh. In the early 1990s, Armenia and Azerbaijan fought a full-scale war over the enclave that left as many as 30,000 dead. Both are now much better armed than before. The world cannot afford an even bigger war, especially one driven by Azerbaijan’s domestic mistakes.

Worldwide, countries with both an authoritarian government and a high dependency on oil revenue must take steps to find new sources of wealth. These countries range from Angola to Venezuela, many of which face escalating troubles at home as oil prices hit a 12-year low. To attract foreign investors into setting up non-oil export industries, they need to curb corruption and cronyism. Courts must be independent to ensure rule of law. Regular transfers of political power must be done through peaceful and fair elections.

Most democracies with oil bonanzas, such as Norway and Britain, have largely used their petroleum wealth to restructure their economies. Nigeria, which saw its first peaceful transfer of power to a duly elected opposition candidate last year, is now trying to do the same.

World peace relies on countries striving to build economies sustained by their own innovation and hard work. Countries that over-rely on exports of hydrocarbons without plowing the profits into productive industries need to be nudged to reform. Harmony between nations requires a measure of economic harmony within each nation.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but list of our martyrs since the early hours of April 2nd to today:

Ընդհանուր զոհերի ցուցակ` Ապրիլի 2-8-ը

1. կ-ն Ուրֆանյան Արմենակ Մեէրսի, 1990-2016., ք. Երևան
          2. շարք. Սլոյան Քյարամ Քալաշի, 1996-2016, Արագածոտնի մարզ, գ. Արտաշավան
          3. մ-ր Մովսեսյան Ռուդիկ Բախշիի, 1976-2016, ք. Ստեփանակերտ
          4. մ-ր Թորոյան Հայկ Վահանի, 1985-2016, ք. Երևան
          5. ավ. լ-տ Գալստյան Հրաչ Վարդանի, 1991-2016, ք. Գյումրի
          6. շարք. Վարդանյան Գևորգ Գագիկի, 1996-2016, ք. Գյումրի
          7. կրտ. ս-տ Ղահրամանյան Հենրիկ Ռուդոլֆի, 1996-2016, ք. Մասիս
          8. շարք.(Պ) Ղարիբյան Հրանտ Սամվելի, 1947-2016, ք. Ստեփանակերտ
          9. կ-ն Կիրակոսյան Հովսեփ Գեղամի, 1988-2016, Արմավիրի մարզ, գ. Ապագա
          10. եֆր.(Պ) Մարգարյան Նոդարիկ Արտաշի, 1963-2016, 11.Մարտակերտի շրջան, գ. Մատաղիս
          11. ս-տ Փարամազյան Յուրի Անատոլիի, 1996-2016, ԼՂՀ, ք. Մարտունի
          12. ավ. լ-տ Ստեփանյան Մերուժան Արթուրի, 1993-2016, ք. Գյումրի
          13. շարք. Հակոբյան Ռաֆիկ Խլղաթի, 1996-2016, Արագածոտնի մարզ, գ. Կարմրաշեն
          14. շարք. Ասատրյան Աղասի Սարմենի, 1996-2016, ք. Մասիս
          15. շարք. Յուզիխովիչ Վիկտոր Ալեքսանդրի, 1997-2016, ք. Գյումրի
          16. շարք. Մկրտչյան Նարեկ Վարդանի, 1996-2016, Սյունիքի մարզ, գ. Որոտան
          17. շարք. Սահակյան Սարգիս Արմենակի, 1995-2016, ք. Հրազդան
          18. շարք. Հայրապետյան Դավիթ Ռազմիկի, 1997-2016, Գեղարքունիքի մարզ, գ. Զոլաքար
          19. կրտ. ս-տ Նարինյան Վլադիկ Ստեփանի, 1996-2016, ԼՂՀ, ք. Մարտունի
          20. շարք. Կիրակոսյան Գոռ Կարապետի, 1996-2016, Արմավիրի մարզ, գ. Արևիկ
          21. ավ. ս-տ(Պ) Սիմոնյան Նվեր Սարոյի, 1990-2016, Հադրութի շրջան, գ. Թաղասեր
          22. ավ. ս-տ(Պ) Սահակյան Ղարիբ Հայասերի, 1987-2016, Հադրութի շրջան, գ. Տող
          23. շարք.(Պ) Բալայան Ազնաուր Ռաֆիկի, 1987-2016, Հադրութի շրջան, գ. Մոխրենես
          24. մ-ր Մայիլյան Հովսեփ Ռաֆայելի, 1978-2016, ք. Հադրութ
          25.լ-տ Գրիգորյան Հայկ Ռոդիկի, 1993-2016, ԼՂՀ Մարտունու շրջան, գ. Գիշի
          26.ս-տ Գասպարյան Նորիկ Ժորայի, 1996-2016, ք. Կապան
          27.շարք. Զաքարյան Վահե Սամվելի, 1995-2016, ք. Հրազդան
          28.շարք. Միքայելյան Արամայիս Գրիգորի, 1996-2016, Արմավիրի մարզ, գ. Ոսկեհատ
          29.շարք. Աբրահամյան Արամ Արայիկի, 1996-2016, Արմավիրի մարզ, գ. Արտիմետ
          30.շարք.(Պ) Թադևոսյան Վարդան Սուրիկի, 1990-2016, Հադրութի շրջան, գ. Հայկավան
          31.կրտ. ս-տ Գալստյան Սաշա Վաչագանի, 1996-2016, ք. Մեծամոր
          32.ավ. լ-տ Եղոյան Բենյամին Ներսեսի, 1992-2016, ք. Երևան
          33.շարք. Աբգարյան Տիգրան Արամի, 1996-2016, ք. Գյումրի
          34.շարք. Ալիխանյան Վլադիմիր Վարուժանի, 1996-2016, ք. Դիլիջան
          35.շարք.(Պ) Մկրտչյան Գեղամ Ռաշիդի, 1986-2016, Մարտակերտի շրջան, գ. Վանք
          36.ավ. ենթ. Գասպարյան Դավիթ Յուրիի, 1979-2016. Ք. Ստեփանակերտ
          37. կրտ. ս-տ Իսկանդարյան Ռուբեն Աշոտի, 1993-2016, ք. Երևան
          38. շարք. Մկրտչյան Սասուն Ֆահրադի 1989-2016, ք. Երևան
          39. պայմ. Մելքոնյան Գագիկ Սուրիկի 1982-2016, Գեզարքունիքի մարզ, գ. Զոլաքար
          40. պայմ. Սարգսյան Վրեժ Վարդանի, 1989-2016, Գեղարքունիքի մարզ, գ. Փոքր Մասրիկ
          41. պայմ. Աբրահամյան Հարություն Հովհաննեսի, 1985-2016, Գեղարքունիքի մարզ, գ. Աեգունի
          42. պայմ. Դավթյան Կարեն Պարգևի, 1981-2016, ք. Վանաձոր
          43. պայմ. Մուրադյան Հրաչ Սամվելի, 1983-2016, ք. Երևան
          44. շարք. Մղդեսյան Գևորգ Աշոտի, 1996 - 2016, Կոտայքի մարզ, Նոր Հաճն

All nationalism aside, being as objective as I can be, one cannot help but admire our government, our defense ministry, our soldiers, and our national struggle. Specially when you look at the clown show across the border.

Comment

President Sarkisian speaking to Medvedev:

“Distinguished Mr. Medvedev, I am glad to welcome you in Yerevan. Your official visit is the perfect opportunity to discuss a wide range of issues of our bilateral agenda. Unfortunately, your visit is taking place in the period when Azerbaijan has tried once again to reach the settlement of the NK issue through military means. A large-scale operation has been launched with the employment of their entire arsenal. Painfully, the arms have been used against the peaceful population; children have been killed, as well as elderly people, but thanks to the professional actions of the troops and commanders, the attempt was thwarted. Mr. Medvedev, I am sure you know that the fact that the Azeris have used with the entire force weapons they have acquired recently from Russia strongly resonated in Armenia. It is quite understandable since at the public level in Armenia Russia is perceived as the closest ally and friend. Today, we cannot rule out a possibility of yet another threat because yesterday and also today these provocations in mass media continue and we, of course, have no great illusions. Nevertheless we anticipate from the Co-Chairs of the Minsk Group and our allies targeted statements and certain actions, because the second phase, I believe will result in a large-scale operation since from the very beginning we, as a party of the 1994 Ceasefire Agreement, couldn’t stay away from all this. And of course, Mr. Medvedev, we regret that some of our EEU partners refused to come to Yerevan to participate in the previously scheduled event. I don’t know if they helped Azerbaijan with this, but they have definitely tarnished the reputation of our Organization, and it’s a fact,” said President Serzh Sargsyan.

Last edited by armnuke; 04-08-2016, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
              I was there too, many many nights. We wouldn't lose anything if we organized a peaceful, civilized protest without any stupid provocations.
              haha, we might have met. by close to dawn, there was always only 200-300 people left. just don't start until I return next month

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              It is a pleasure watching you mature into a smart hayrenaser young man!
              thank you! but my views never changed. I've always said be pro Armenia and make the rest of your decisions based on that. if it suits you to be pro Russia for now go ahead. If you need to be pro European, go ahead. As long as your decisions are made with only the well being of Armenia in mind.

Comment

Comment

haha, we might have met. by close to dawn, there was always only 200-300 people left. just don't start until I return next month

thank you! but my views never changed. I've always said be pro Armenia and make the rest of your decisions based on that. if it suits you to be pro Russia for now go ahead. If you need to be pro European, go ahead. As long as your decisions are made with only the well being of Armenia in mind.
                  I doubt if there will be any protests at all, though I would love to see some.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                    I doubt if there will be any protests at all, though I would love to see some.
                    Huge protrest organised at 9 April in Republic Square.

English version is after Armenian text !!! ՍԱ ԽԱՂԱՂԱՊԱՀ ՀՐԱՎԻՐԵԼՈՒ ՄԻՋՈՑԱՌՈՒՄ ՉԷ !!! Սույն թվականի ապրիլին ԼՂՀ սահմանի ողջ երկայնքով Ադրբեջանի կողմից սանձազերծված քառօրյա պատերազմը և դրան հաջորդած...

Comment

I agree, your heart was always in the right place. It is the improvement in your comprehension that I like. People generally get wiser with age.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X