Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
    M16A203???
    Originally posted by Vishap90 View Post
    Just my reaction. Seems like an M16A1 with M203 GL. Cooool
    Very cool, seems to be a volunteer's personal weapon. My guess is he either got it from Georgian black market or brought it with him to Armenia from Lebanon.
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Vishap90 View Post
      Just my reaction. Seems like an M16A1 with M203 GL. Cooool
      Very cool indeed. I just don't think it's practical. These shoot NATO rounds. Is he going to pay for his own ammo? What happens when he runs out?

Edit: Aren't those AK mags in his vest?

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
        Almost every armenian volunteer seems to be carrying the ak-74m

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
          Armenian Army’s laser device can blind rival snipers
          I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by AbuSindi View Post
            Very cool indeed. I just don't think it's practical. These shoot NATO rounds. Is he going to pay for his own ammo? What happens when he runs out?

Edit: Aren't those AK mags in his vest?
            I think it's the rifle of the person taking the photo?!

And where's the grenade launcher? It's a 203 version but I don't see the grenade launcher.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
              M16A203???
              Russian version of the South American Colt M4 Carbine — rifle for hunting boar-15
              survincity.com/2011/09/russian-version-of-the-south-american-colt-m4/

Comment

Originally posted by argin View Post
                U.S. alloted $20 mln in military aid to Azerbaijan, $41.000 to Armenia

Azerbaijan has gotten $20 million in military aid from the U.S. Department of Defense over the last ten years, while Armenia has gotten nearly nothing, a review of U.S. government documents shows, according to EurasiaNet.

Baku has benefited in particular from two Pentagon aid programs, known as Section 1004 and Section 1206, which are subject to less Congressional oversight and less stringent public reporting requirements.

Azerbaijan has gotten $8.5 million since 2005 in funding from Section 1004, which provides counternarcotics assistance, and $11.5 million from Section 1206, which provides counterterrorism aid. Armenia, by contrast, has gotten just $41,000 in Section 1004 funding and no Section 1206 money, according to data collected by the Washington advocacy group Security Assistance Monitor, which maintains a database of the various U.S. military assistance programs.

Much of the money for Azerbaijan has been targeted toward naval forces, to reduce the risk that it could be used against Armenia (which is landlocked) and because of the U.S.'s interest in protecting Caspian energy infrastructure.

But not all of the training went to naval forces. In 2013, U.S. special forces soldiers conducted two month-long counternarcotics training programs for 50 members of Azerbaijan's Ministry of National Security counterterrorism unit, at a cost of $916,000. Two years later, that unit would be disbanded along with the entire ministry as part of an internal power struggle that also sent many senior officials to prison.

And State Department programs can also benefit soldiers both from Armenia and Azerbaijan who may end up fighting one another. One senior Azerbaijani special forces commander who was killed in the April violence between the two countries known as the four-day war, Vugar Yusifov, took part in an army intelligence course (run through the State Department) in 2007 at Ft. Huachuca, in Arizona, according to Azerbaijani news reports. According to State Department records, just one Azerbaijani officer took such a course in 2007, which lasted five months and which cost the U.S. $23,582, EurasiaNet says. (Credit goes to journalist/analyst Emil Sanamyan for catching Yusifov's U.S. connection.)

U.S. policy has been to attempt to be even-handed by restricting aid to Armenia equally. The Departments of State and Defense, in their annual report on military aid to Congress in 2008, wrote that "Section 907 previously prohibited most U.S. assistance to the Government of Azerbaijan and as part of a policy of even-handedness, the previous Administration extended this prohibition to security assistance to Armenia." But the Pentagon aid programs clearly throw off that balance in Azerbaijan's favor.

Last month's flareup in fighting between the two countries over Nagorno Karabakh -- the worst violence since a ceasefire was signed in 1994 -- has revived debate about U.S. military aid in the region. U.S. law, in particular another "Section" -- 907 -- has restricted U.S. aid to Azerbaijan since 1992, but since 2001 those restrictions have been waived every year.

The most recent waiver was issued April 21, when the State Department affirmed that U.S. aid to Azerbaijan:

Is necessary to support United States efforts to counter international terrorism;

Is necessary to support the operational readiness of United States Armed Forces or coalition partners to counter international terrorism;

Is important to Azerbaijan's border security; and

Will not undermine or hamper ongoing efforts to negotiate a peaceful settlement between Armenia and Azerbaijan or be used for offensive purposes against Armenia.

In the wake of the fighting there have been calls to fix Section 907; Armenian lobby groups have called for the U.S. to suspend all aid to Azerbaijan, while Azerbaijan has said the restrictions should be removed altogether.
                Behold the power of the Armenian lobby and the friendship of USA
                The facts seem never to matter to those with closed minds. Where is the outrage here? Why are we not condemning this? O I know why...because this is Russia's fault to right... USA and its western puppets are good because they arm all of our enemies and not us while Russia is bad because it arms one of our enemies and us. I am not sure when doublestandards like this became the norm but I do know why and that has to do with propaganda aimed at brainwashing. When you clearly see things that are not there and you do not see things that are there, you are incapable of making good decisions. This is the danger of false propaganda, in that it leads you to act against your own interests. There has been and continues to be only one power on this earth which has the interest and capability of preserving Armenia.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
                  survincity.com/2011/09/russian-version-of-the-south-american-colt-m4/
                  It's not the same one.

Comment

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
                    Azerbaijan expresses protest to Associated Press over news release about Nagorno-Karabakh
                    As if having control of their own "press" isn't enough, Mehmed now wants to control the world's press.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      Behold the power of the Armenian lobby and the friendship of USA
                      The facts seem never to matter to those with closed minds. Where is the outrage here? Why are we not condemning this? O I know why...because this is Russia's fault to right... USA and its western puppets are good because they arm all of our enemies and not us while Russia is bad because it arms one of our enemies and us. I am not sure when doublestandards like this became the norm but I do know why and that has to do with propaganda aimed at brainwashing. When you clearly see things that are not there and you do not see things that are there, you are incapable of making good decisions. This is the danger of false propaganda, in that it leads you to act against your own interests. There has been and continues to be only one power on this earth which has the interest and capability of preserving Armenia.
                      I bet all your savings is in Dollars

P.S. I despise the foreign policy of the US

Comment

Working...
                      X