Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by AstalaVist View Post
    Oh, i just realized that.

Here we go,
    https://www.disput.az/index.php?app=...955697&page=21
    Thank you!
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by AstalaVist View Post
      +

5. We have to do everything to increase the population.
      Indeed, develop Artsakh, Syunik, Tavush, etc. Keep up with the high tech, infrastructure, commodities for export, medicine, banking, education. Armenia might never be rid of oligarchs but pressure should be applied to them so they reinvest in Armenia, pay their taxes, etc. Armenia has the brainpower to do this.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        I am impressed Mher with your understanding of the situation and in you progress as a person as I have witnessed it over the years on this forum. I have always been against the capitalist form that the government of Armenia has imposed on the country as it leaves no other options but the current situation. As we look upon other countries with a similar system we can see that their elites use sophisticated methods to shift blame for the peoples problems from themselves to other things. It is glaringly evident that the Armenian elites do not possess this ability and sophistication to trick and misguide the public. Besides the lack of sophistication by the elites, another factor that contributes to their failure is the hi level of education which the public possesses thanks to their soviet heritage which stressed education and made it widely available. It is simply harder to fool educated people then ignorant people. This is why the level of ignorance is so high in "successful capitalist societies" like USA. The elite in these countries are constantly dumbing down their population to accept ever more inhumane conditions and actions forced upon it. The people in Armenia are not wrong when they attribute much of the blame on the oligarchs. Yes in Armenia's case there are indeed many other factors but this only makes a good government even more important. To fix our problems we do indeed need a change in government but I see no one advocating or even suggesting the kind of changes we need. No major opposition party is proposing anything even remotely approaching problem solving for Armenia. This is why even as I believe that a change in government is the only solution, I do not see a political or any other kind of force that I can say is going to do a better job, or is on the right track. To be blunt Armenia like most other capitalist societies needs a revolution, the problem is that no one knows what revolution will bring especially when there is no hint of a solution in the opposition to begin with.
        Evolution not by the sword.. Evolution by the smartest individuals who actually think of bettering this nation. Evolution also has to come with sacrifice and the people need to understand that and trust what is going to come next. Evolution needs the Diaspora by its side. Evolution needs Russia and every nation by its side. Evolution needs to give those who stole from the nation to either come clean or 24 hours to pack there bags and run for it. Evolution needs to fix the infrastructure of this nation starting from public hospitals to roads to the environment.
        This nation has so many problems economically. The Elite have drunk it all the way down to what it is now. I walked into a public hospital in Avan today to register my new born son , and I walked right back out. It hardly looked like a hospital .. Absolutely pathetic. Anyways I wish I could just be mayor for a year. I would firstly get the crossings on the road painted yellow. Something so small could probably save a life.
        I know one thing. The young generation don't even plan on living here. They say once they finish there schooling/uni , they will leave for a better life. So what do I do people? I have a son that's 6 days old and a wife .. Do I take them to Australia or give him the same opportunity as others.

Comment

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Source: http://azeridaily.com/reality/22540

"Note, however, that Azerbaijan has the means to neutralise Iskanders. In Nakhchivan among other places there are long-range missiles that can strike at Yerevan and Metsamor NPP, which may force Armenia to abandon the use of the Iskander complex in a possible large-scale war with Azerbaijan."

Comment

Development through "evolution" is like walking blindfold.

You do not know where you will arrive nor when.

The only good thing about it is one does not have to do anything.

Spend your time under the shade of the tree and play tavli ( nardi for some ) and hope things will improve and we will become hzor.

True and meaningful progress can only happen with though and plan.

Good management and drive.

Stretch peoples ability to achieve more than their comfort zone.

With results, reward them, so they see their blood and sweat is worth it,

Thus creating a virtuous cycle.

Bye the way true and just democratic election is everything because,

Politicians who fail are replaced.

The fear of being voted out will be a motivation to perform and keep promises made during election campaigns.

It works for democratic countries why shouldn't it work for us.
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Iskander in Armenia’s hands – threat to region’s security

22 September 2016 19:52 (UTC+04:00)

Baku, Azerbaijan, Sept. 22

By Elmira Tariverdiyeva – Trend:

Russia’s handing over the Iskander missile systems to Armenia can bring additional threats to the region, says Pavel Felgenhauer, a Moscow-based defense analyst and columnist for Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta.

“Supply of those missile systems to Armenia changes the balance in the region,” believes the expert.

“Perhaps, Russia will sell such systems to Azerbaijan in order to ensure the balance,” added Felgenhauer.

The expert says Iskander is a high-precision weapon, but this precision demands good satellite or aerial digital photos of the target.

“It is not clear which type of the Iskander systems was delivered to Armenia,” said the analyst, noting that Russia hasn’t dismissed Armenia’s claims about the transfer of the weapon, but didn’t provide details on the issue.

Felgenhauer said that probably Armenia has received Iskander-E export modification, which is worse and has a shorter range as compared to Iskander-M which is produced for Russia only.

He pointed out that Iskander-M can’t be handed over to a third party, according to Russia’s international commitments on non-proliferation of ballistic missiles with a range of over 300 kilometers.

They are really scared about these missles.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                I think Russia will sell them if there is something similar out there for the Azeris to buy (I don't think there is). So long as the azeri government remains cooperative with Russia, she will keep selling it weapons. The idea for Russia is not to give one of the countries a decisive advantage as this is not in Russia's interest. I think we have all learned that much by now.
                The Chinese have developped something similar to the Iskander(M20 ballistic missile). I doubt the manuverability and speed is on par with the Iskander, but I believe it achieves the objective, and that's dodging incoming ABM missiles.

The Israelis have developed a missile in this class as well.
                Can't remeber what it is called. Fun fact, it's based on the Lynx modular MLRS system.

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram90 View Post
                  https://youtu.be/1gskfa0VgJY

At 8:33 it's an soviet march created by an Armenian - Arutyunov. Russian Army uses it too
                  Long version

And here's Zangezuri qaylerg

Last edited by Federate; 09-22-2016, 04:18 PM.
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
                    Evolution not by the sword.. Evolution by the smartest individuals who actually think of bettering this nation. Evolution also has to come with sacrifice and the people need to understand that and trust what is going to come next. Evolution needs the Diaspora by its side. Evolution needs Russia and every nation by its side. Evolution needs to give those who stole from the nation to either come clean or 24 hours to pack there bags and run for it. Evolution needs to fix the infrastructure of this nation starting from public hospitals to roads to the environment.
                    This nation has so many problems economically. The Elite have drunk it all the way down to what it is now. I walked into a public hospital in Avan today to register my new born son , and I walked right back out. It hardly looked like a hospital .. Absolutely pathetic. Anyways I wish I could just be mayor for a year. I would firstly get the crossings on the road painted yellow. Something so small could probably save a life.
                    I know one thing. The young generation don't even plan on living here. They say once they finish there schooling/uni , they will leave for a better life. So what do I do people? I have a son that's 6 days old and a wife .. Do I take them to Australia or give him the same opportunity as others.
                    I am a family man myself and I understand your dilemma. Many people who love Armenia have left because they had to do what they believed was right for their families yet some have stayed believing the exact same thing. In the end the question you need to ask yourself is what is important to you and your family. Only you and your family members can answer this question. It pains me to see that people like you are battling with such issues which really do not need to exist at the levels at which they do. Even with perfect government Armenia still has many issues to contend with but a system based on robbing the country will not bring the people a country worth living in. I believe with the right leadership we can still make a country we want to raise our children in but this is not the leadership we have now. I have not seen anyone who represents such a vision in the opposition but I do not know all the opposition people. What I do know is that most of the opposition is worst than what we have now. Mher mentioned someone perhaps worth believing in and I hope he is right, that we do indeed have some people worth supporting in government who will bring us hope. I wish you and your young family all the best and I look forward to returning to my hyrenik yet again as soon as possible as I miss it dearly.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I just edited the Armenian Army page Wikipedia with missiles such as the scud, the Tochka, Bm21,WM 80 and Iskander. I woke up now and someone has deleted it.
                      Username Yintan
                      Another thing deleted was the KUB and OSA. The only thing remaining was the S300 .. I spoke about the SA10 grumble how it likes mobility comparing to other systems and the BUK M2 recently given to us under CSTO and the jammers etc.
                      But why would someone edit such an important part of our firepower? The other Armenia Army page is always updated whilst this still talks about its issue and old weaponry.

Comment

Working...
                      X