Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Thanks for te nice photos you made burjuin!

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
      For now, I think time is on our side. We just have to wait until the oil runs out (peak oil 2012) and be prepared for a new war. Furthermore, the whole world (geopolitics, etc) changes every 5-10 years. It is hard predict how everything will look like in 10 years. Let's hope for an independent Kurdistan, a pro-Russian Georgia (a pro-Armenian Russia) and a stronger India, China and Iran.
      Azeris peak oil is in 2012, but it drys up 2019, they might wait till then, to bolster their army as much as they can. But yeah, there's a good chance this decade a war will happen.
      They still have their natural gas, which will dry up by 2100.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
        Azeris peak oil is in 2012, but it drys up 2019, they might wait till then, to bolster their army as much as they can. But yeah, there's a good chance this decade a war will happen.
        They still have their natural gas, which will dry up by 2100.
        I do not think war will have anything to do peak oil etc.

Azeri reserves are around $24 Billion. I am quoting Sultan Aliev.
        This would be verifiable from the international bodies.
        By 2012 or 2019 this figure will multiply despite their corrupt government.

So in my mind money is “not an issue”.
        They have well passed that requirement.

Also I do not believe time is on their side because they will simply have more money.
        The finance required for its army has been available for a long time.

The reason they are hesitating is because,

1. They are not sure they will win the war and the consequences if they loose.
        2. Politically they have been locked in to an agreement to find a solution without a war.
        3. The punishment they will receive whether they win or loose the war.

These reasons will not go away and hopefully our side will make sure of that.

The only danger I can see is if Sultan Aliev takes a gamble ( he is a notorious gambler, mind you, a loosing one).
        This could be because he is under internal political pressure/his position being in danger etc.
        Last edited by londontsi; 02-06-2011, 05:49 AM.
        Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
        Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
        Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
          I do not think war will have anything to do peak oil etc.

Azeri reserves are around $24 Billion. I am quoting Sultan Aliev.
          This would be verifiable from the international bodies.
          By 2012 or 2019 this figure will multiply despite their corrupt government.

So in my mind money is “not an issue”.
          They have well passed that requirement.

Also I do not believe time is on their side because they will simply have more money.
          The finance required for its army has been available for a long time.

The reason they are hesitating is because,

1. They are not sure they will win the war and the consequences if they loose.
          2. Politically they have been locked in to an agreement to find a solution without a war.
          3. The punishment they will receive whether they win or loose the war.

These reasons will not go away and hopefully our side will make sure of that.

The only danger I can see is if Sultan Aliev takes a gamble ( he is a notorious gambler, mind you, a loosing one).
          This could be because he is under internal political pressure/his position being in danger etc.

I agree with you but I'd like to add that the time factor favoring them, at least when I think of it, is the demographic sub factor within. Although they have migration issues just as Armenia and georgia do, they have a higher birthrate than both.

It may very well work out Armenia's favor should the little sultan take a gamble. And as you correctly pointed out, 20+ years of anti Armenian propaganda is going to result in a boiling point when the azeri public demands action. I expect it to arrive within this decade.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
            http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/polit...re_territories

Commandos: should Karabakh war resume, Armenia would conquer more territories

January 27, 2011 - 15:06 AMT 11:06 GMTPanARMENIAN.Net - Should Karabakh war resume,
            Armenia could suffer losses at the initial stage. Yet the equilibrium would soon be restored, with
            Armenian side returning territories lost and conquering more of them, according
            to the hero of Karabakh war, major general Arkady Ter-Tadevosyan (Commandos).

As he told a news conference in Yerevan, Azerbaijan is currently strong,
            yet the Armenian army has good knowledge of military activities strategy in Karabakh conflict zone.

Arkady Ter-Tadevosyan went on to speak about the issues in the Armenian army,
            noting that, society problems naturally influence the situation in the army.
            In conclusion, Commandos urged for addressing the current issues in the armed forces of Armenia.
            I agree 100%.....Also President Sarkisian would declare NKR recognized and the Armenia's military would get involved. Time is not on our side in this frozen conflict and unfortunently a war, in all reality, is to Armenia's advantage.
            The results would mean more liberated lands and a much better stratigic position.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
              I agree 100%.....Also President Sarkisian would declare NKR recognized and the Armenia's military would get involved. Time is not on our side in this frozen conflict and unfortunently a war, in all reality, is to Armenia's advantage.
              The results would mean more liberated lands and a much better stratigic position.
              But it would also lead to the deaths of hundred's if not thousands of innocent young soldiers. i was looking at some people who fought in the first war, look at these guys:
              http://www.mayrhayastan.am/herosner/babalyan1azat.html - 23 years old
              http://www.mayrhayastan.am/herosner/babalyan3azat.html - 23 years old
              http://www.mayrhayastan.am/herosner/gabuzyanazat.html - 21 years old
              http://www.mayrhayastan.am/herosner/gabrielyanazat.html - 20 years old
              http://www.mayrhayastan.am/herosner/...lyan2azat.html - 16 years old
              http://www.mayrhayastan.am/herosner/...lyan1azat.html - 21 years old
              http://www.mayrhayastan.am/herosner/Dadamyanazat.html - 21 years old
              http://www.mayrhayastan.am/herosner/Nazaryanazat.html - 17 years old

there are more young kids who died defending there motherland, I don't want to see more innocent young kids lose there lives. I visited the cemetery for the war heroes and it was depressing. You know how Armenian cemeteries are with the picture of the deceased on the tombstone. Imagine looking at these young heroes who didnt have the chance to live there lives because they were killed. Same will happen to the present day soldiers. Yes we will win but we will lose a lot of soldiers and a lot of civilians since we know azeris are cowards and will bombard cities like they did with Stepanakert in the first war. War is not the solution to anything. the azeris know this also, thats why they havent attacked, that and they know this will be an economic disaster for them. the best solution is through a peaceful means.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
                But it would also lead to the deaths of hundred's if not thousands of innocent young soldiers. i was looking at some people who fought in the first war, look at these guys:

there are more young kids who died defending there motherland, I don't want to see more innocent young kids lose there lives. I visited the cemetery for the war heroes and it was depressing. You know how Armenian cemeteries are with the picture of the deceased on the tombstone. Imagine looking at these young heroes who didnt have the chance to live there lives because they were killed. Same will happen to the present day soldiers. Yes we will win but we will lose a lot of soldiers and a lot of civilians since we know azeris are cowards and will bombard cities like they did with Stepanakert in the first war. War is not the solution to anything. the azeris know this also, thats why they havent attacked, that and they know this will be an economic disaster for them. the best solution is through a peaceful means.
                No need to bring up the pictures of teenagers kIA, we know. Winter of 92 was the worst and just in one incident a platoon of teenage kids got lost and froze to death.

No one want war and this time around the casualties will potentually be much higher....I am not advocating war, but with our warmongering neighbor who could eventually attack maybe we should choose the time and place with suprise (last thing they will expect).
                Of course we won't do that, it appears our strategy is defensive and we will wait until attacked even though all attempts for a peaceful solution have been tried since 1994.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
                  Id rather die in battlefield defending the motherland than in some foreign country getting struck by bus or chocking on My food cuz i take all for granted
                  These guys are part of our history and our soil now, if anything i Envy them

Comment

Photos of the Armenian Army:

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                      I agree 100%.....Also President Sarkisian would declare NKR recognized and the Armenia's military would get involved. Time is not on our side in this frozen conflict and unfortunently a war, in all reality, is to Armenia's advantage. The results would mean more liberated lands and a much better stratigic position.
                      I think time is irrelevant.

In a funny way demographics will be the least of an issue during a war because there would be a general call-up
                      and “all” resources put at the disposal of the war effort.

What matters is what position we will be in and what capabilities we will have to thwart any mischief by the Azeri.

A war could only be “turned to our advantage” if the Azeris started it.

Our (government’s) objective should be to look (study ) what issues will put us at a disadvantage
                      (due to time ) and try and correct them.

One of the most frequently cited concerns is demographics.
                      Core reasons are MIGRATION and BIRTH RATE.

Each one has its own reasons, driven by MISTAKEN POLICIES both by government and society.

The situation will only stabilize and reverse if these mistaken policies are reconsidered and actioned upon.

It is the responsibility of the government to initiate action on both fronts since these are interrelated
                      with the economy and its management being the primary factor.
                      Last edited by londontsi; 02-07-2011, 04:35 PM.
                      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Working...
                      X