Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

what is it i found it in official NKR army web-site

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
      the ones here who are complaining about Russia are really arrogant, foolish and ungrateful , without Russia, Armenia is nothing. Now let's get back to topic!
      your the one of theme who kisses russian as/s , its enought! russia is only cover for armenia, we have enought weapons to defend our country!

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
        your the one of theme who kisses russian as/s , its enought! russia is only cover for armenia, we have enought weapons to defend our country!
        And from where you got these weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
          I'm afraid, I have seen more war than you will ever see in your life, at least I hope so for our nation.
          There is no village or valley from Omar to Horatiz, and Mintchevan I have not set foot on.
          I think I have a very good idea, wich type and quality of armament appeared, on wich side, and thanks to whom, at its precise date.
          I know equally, how, and thanks to wich kind of patriotism our unknown heroes managed to provide arms, from all over ex-USSR, and at wich price/sacrifice they were acquired.
          I remember pretty well the first AK47, the first Grad, the first T55/72, the first Su-25/Mig21/Mig 25, Mi24, the first ...., and on wich side they appeared.
          I remember to well 12 Jun 1992...
          I do know what life was in the black, frozing and unsecure badvals of Stepanakert's law quality soviet buildings, under cluster bombs dropped by russian and ukrainian pilots... and I do remember the ghosty streets of Yerevan, with people burning their soviet encyclopedias...
          Thank you for your arrogant ignorance.

Concerning Ciller's threat/Shaposhnikov's WWIII , I'm afraid you need more information on that particular episode. And you need to look a little more than Wikipedia, Tom de Wall and Tomy Goltz's versions.

Unfortunately for us, (and for virtually all of Russia's allies during last 3 centuries), Russia's unreliability is so redondant, from V.Piotr to Medvedev, that this is not even a matter of debate.
          Just learn history.

Without going too far away, just explain the bigottery of Medvedev, the Gasman, corrupted to the bones, wishing to offer Artsakh, on a silver plate, for the sake of a flirt with the turks, he knew by advance, had no futur....
          An ally of the sort, is the best someone can wish to its worst enemy.

Nevertheless, this is our strategic Ally, called Russia, and we have to cope with it.
          And it is not by a mix of childish propaganda/blind love and wishful thinking that you will avoid the repetition of the bad surprises of history.
          Awesome post, but, unfortunately, knowledge and experience counts for nothing on a internet forum (and especially not on an Armenian one!). Here, the spotty-faced kid just out of short trousers thinks himself more than equal to those with with a lifetime's experience and knowledge.

If you try and inform them properly of past events, they just cherry-pick those facts that suit their existing viewpoints and they ignore everything else. Knowing the truth of the past, and the reality of the present, allows for future bad events to be understood and confronted with eyes that are wide open, and not half-blinded with propaganda and wishful thinking.
          Last edited by bell-the-cat; 10-15-2011, 07:59 AM.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Keeping your eyes open is exactly what needs to be done so long as those eyes are seeing the facts on the ground. You know Vrej those weapons you speak of iknow where they came from to. My dad held fundrasers and brought the money personaly to Kharabagh numerous times and paid for the tanks and other weapons personaly. He was fired upon and shelled and brought home the shretnells as a souvenier. The money came from wealthy and not so wealthy donors in this area and was spent not on just weapons but medical supplies to. Care to guess who they bought the russian weapons from? You guessed it-Russians. Sure it matters that we have people who care and do things for our country and i resent jerks like you telling me i am irrelevent caus i was not there when i was doing what could be done to help. So yeh i know perhaps better then you exectly where the funds came from for the weapons we used. As for who provided the weapons well it surely wasnt the USA nor any other western country nor iran - they were russian weapons bought from various dealers and russian army members themselves. Without russia you wouldnt have the weapons to fight because the alternatives to russian weapons were too expencive to buy in great enough numbers to arm us. People take some things for granted then xxxxx about them not being there anymore when they are gone. If the russians leave armenia and the turcks show us how self sufficient and independent armenia realy is without russia then whose skirt are you gona be crying under? We should do everything in our power to help our nation but the reality is that we are sitting ducks without Russia. Do not confuse the cowardly inept azeris with the real threat facing us to our west because that is a totally different animal which can only be repelled by a certain bear to our north.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              Keeping your eyes open is exactly what needs to be done so long as those eyes are seeing the facts on the ground. You know Vrej those weapons you speak of iknow where they came from to. My dad held fundrasers and brought the money personaly to Kharabagh numerous times and paid for the tanks and other weapons personaly. He was fired upon and shelled and brought home the shretnells as a souvenier. The money came from wealthy and not so wealthy donors in this area and was spent not on just weapons but medical supplies to. Care to guess who they bought the russian weapons from? You guessed it-Russians. Sure it matters that we have people who care and do things for our country and i resent jerks like you telling me i am irrelevent caus i was not there when i was doing what could be done to help. So yeh i know perhaps better then you exectly where the funds came from for the weapons we used. As for who provided the weapons well it surely wasnt the USA nor any other western country nor iran - they were russian weapons bought from various dealers and russian army members themselves. Without russia you wouldnt have the weapons to fight because the alternatives to russian weapons were too expencive to buy in great enough numbers to arm us. People take some things for granted then xxxxx about them not being there anymore when they are gone. If the russians leave armenia and the turcks show us how self sufficient and independent armenia realy is without russia then whose skirt are you gona be crying under? We should do everything in our power to help our nation but the reality is that we are sitting ducks without Russia. Do not confuse the cowardly inept azeris with the real threat facing us to our west because that is a totally different animal which can only be repelled by a certain bear to our north.
              One of those dealers that helped Armenia acquire weapons was Sarkis Soghanalian (recently died), arguably the most famous arms dealer of all-time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarkis_Soghanalian

Quote from Soghanalian - "I helped a lot of countries keep their independence. ... I never lost a war. I helped Lebanon. They at least kept their republic. I squeezed Khomeini and helped my country’s cause. There are other countries whose names I don’t want to mention. I helped my country Armenia when they needed me. That’s all I can say. ..."
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Something that the young and old and the inexperience and the experience need to realize is that there is a difference between the Soviet Union and the Russian Federation like the difference between the Russian empire of and the Bolsheviks that overthrew it. In the big picture Russia and Armenian nationalists is the reason why we have an Armenia today. some of you guys are right that we should take advantage of the friendship Moscow is give us to become more powerful because one day Russia may not need us.

Comment

AZERI-BUILT DEFENSIVE WALL TO LABEL ARMENIANS AS AGGRESSORS - EXPERT

Tert.am
                  12:12 ~U 15.10.11

The Azerbaijanis are building a defensive wall across the Contact
                  Line with Nagorno-Karabakh in order to label Armenians as aggressors,
                  political analyst Hrant Melik-Shahnazaryan has said.

"[The construction of] that wall has only one purpose ~V to
                  characterize Armenia as a country that shoots at civilians and hence
                  is an aggressor," the expert told a news conference.

In an interview with the Armenian TV channel Shant, Aram Abrahamyan,
                  the editor-in-chief of Aravot newspaper, characterized the
                  Azerbaijanis' efforts as a sheer propaganda, expressing strong doubts
                  that it could solve any problem in terms of removing the snipers from
                  the Contact Line.

He said that the Minsk Group co-chairs' proposal on stationing the
                  snipers a short distance from the border would be a more effective
                  method.

"The Armenian side has accepted the proposal, but the Azerbaijani
                  Defense Ministry has said it will not solve the problem and
                  demanded that the Armenians leave their lands," he said, adding that
                  Azerbaijan is interested in maintaining the tension on the Line.

Abrahamyan considered the construction of the wall "neither good
                  nor bad".

"It just makes no sense," he said, referring to Israel's attempts to
                  build walls on the border with Egypt, without solving any security
                  problem.

Comment

BRITISH PHOTOGRAPHER: ARMENIAN SOLDIERS ARE BEING FORCIBLY HELD TO RANSOM IN AZERBAIJAN

Panorama, Armenia
                    Oct 14 2011

"Over the last 17 years more than 150,000 people of
                    the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic have slowly re-built
                    the infrastructure of their major cities, and returned
                    to some semblance of normality in their daily lives,"
                    says the UK freelance photographer Russell Pollard in his
                    blog publication "The Missing Soldiers of Nagorno-Karabakh war" at
                    In 1994 a ceasefire was declared in the Nagorno-Karabagh war which provided a much needed respite to the killing that had taken place in the region over the previous 6 years. The politicians have c…

The Grigoryan family of Stepanakert, says Pollard, just like many
                    fellow citizens, suffered the constant bombing and sniping from the
                    Azeri troops. All around them was being destroyed: buildings, lives;
                    neighbours were receiving sad news from the military of the loss of
                    their relatives; bodies of killed men were being re-patriated home
                    and funerals were taking place.

In 1994 the son of the Grigoryan family - Felix, a 23-year-old young
                    man, was an accomplished musician with great prospects. His parents
                    were looking forward to their old age, knowing that their son would be
                    there to look after them. Felix was part of a 7 man unit carrying out
                    an operation near Fizuli when, one day, he disappeared without trace.

"The investigation was not able to confirm whether he had been
                    killed, or captured; there was no evidence, only the fact that he
                    never returned home," notes the British photographer.

Whilst their neighbours have re-built their lives, the life
                    of Grigoryan family remains, forever empty, but hopeful. They are
                    grasping at any opportunity that would return their son back home. "On
                    one occasion they received a mysterious call from a man who announced
                    that he would visit them shortly, and that he would be known to them -
                    cruelly the whole episode turned out to be a mistake", writes Russell
                    Pollard. Family's dreams are regularly punctuated by scenarios where
                    their son, but only the monochrome picture of their handsome son,
                    is always present for his proud parents to remember his, and their,
                    sacrifice. Only there isn't a place to visit, or to lay flowers.

The photographer Pollard says, the story of the Grigoryan family in
                    Artsakh is only one of over 700 similar stories, and it is quite
                    likely that a proportion of these men will be dead, however more
                    sinister possibilities are a reality. "Evidence exists ( I have seen
                    the original of one letter) that people are being held in Azerbaijan,
                    against their will, and that ransoms are being requested for their
                    release," writes the author, noting that there are also views that the
                    Armenians, captured in Azerbaijan, have had to integrate within Azeri
                    life in order to save themselves, and, now feel too ashamed to return.

And the lack of correct identity papers makes it impossible to obtain
                    a passport, or finance, thus neutralising the key ingredients for a
                    return to Armenia.

The trafficking and exchanging of soldiers during and after the war,
                    was a reality. The good work of Albert Voskanyan who the British
                    photographer met in Stepanakert secured the release of 500 men and
                    150 bodies. "Whilst the Grigoryan's continue to wait, hope and pray
                    for their son's return, another 700 families are suffering the same
                    torment and the "needle" of quality information in the "haystack"
                    of confusion gets more difficult to find as each year passes," writes
                    Russell Pollard at the end.

The ceasefire declared in the Nagorno-Karabagh war in 1994 provided
                    a much needed respite to the bloodshed that lasted in the region for
                    6 years. The politicians have continued to talk since then to bring
                    this conflict to a final resolution, however, a final peace agreement
                    is not substantially closer, says Pollard.

Comment

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
                      Something that the young and old and the inexperience and the experience need to realize is that there is a difference between the Soviet Union and the Russian Federation like the difference between the Russian empire of and the Bolsheviks that overthrew it. In the big picture Russia and Armenian nationalists is the reason why we have an Armenia today. some of you guys are right that we should take advantage of the friendship Moscow is give us to become more powerful because one day Russia may not need us.
                      Actually, the Russian Federation (Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic) considered that it WAS the Soviet Union, and the post-Soviet Russian Federation is all but identical to the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic, including having its territorial / military / political ambitions. Russia didn't want an indpendent Armenia to emerge - never in Russia's history has it supported an independent Armenia. However, faced with the reality of that independence, Russia still desires Armenia to be within its influence, and is willing to pay to get it. Armenia just has watch it doesn't give away too much to get too little.

But you are right to remind us that today is not 20 years ago, or 40 years ago, or 80, or 100. And 20 years from now things probably won't be the same as today.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X