Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

ARKADY GHUKASYAN COMMENTS ON ALIYEV'S STATEMENT

Armenia's Ambassador-at-Large, ex-President of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic Arkady Ghukasyan commented on the recurrent harsh statement of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, who declared that he does not see any opportunity for the existence of Nagorno Karabakh outside its borders and the question of Karabakh's status is not on the agenda today. "Having inherited Azerbaijan, Aliyev jr. pretends not to see and not to remember much," Arkady Ghukasyan said RIA Novosti. "He does not see the Nagorno Karabakh Republic. Moreover, from the height of his potentially unchangeable dictatorial power he does not see the democratic development of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic, does not see the NKR territories occupied by Azerbaijan, does not see the hundreds of thousands of Armenian refugees from Azerbaijan and some regions of Karabakh, where his predecessors carried out ethnic cleansings. Aliyev does not remember that the Nagorno Karabakh Republic established itself as a full-fledged state in line with all norms of international law. He does not remember the massacre of Armenians all over Azerbaijani territory (Sumgayit, Kirovabad, Shamkhor, Baku...). He does not remember that it launched a large-scale aggression against the Nagorno Karabakh Republic, as a result of which both parties suffered human and material losses. He does not remember how inglorious that adventurism ended for Azerbaijan and does not remember with whom it had to conclude a cease-fire agreement in 1994. Aliyev does not listen to the calls of the international community to stop the militant rhetoric, to take the snipers away from the line of contact, to stop the hostile propaganda. He listens only to himself, but tries to speak from the viewpoint of interests of the mediators, Armenia, and even the people of Nagorno Karabakh. Even speaking about peace, Aliyev threatens with war. Azerbaijan has already launched war once. It would be logical for Aliyev to ask himself where he was hiding when his peers were being sent to the front.The statements of Azeri leaders confirm that they are not ready for mutual concessions. Living in the world of illusions, Aliyev actually distorts the negotiation process."
    I love this...especially the part where Aliev is basically called a coward for 'hiding' during the war, while his peers were being sent to the front line.

The above sentiments should be the cornerstone of the 'negotiation process'.

Comment

American Jews attempt to impede US assistance to Karabakh

09.07.2009 17:12 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ “To the best of my knowledge, US has already started talking Senate out of adopting a resolution on assisting Karabakh. Armenians hurry too much, and I don’t think they will easily manage to push forward with their initiative,” leader of European Jews Genadi Zelmanovich said.

“After Israeli President Shimon Peres’ visit to Baku, the world changed its attitude to Azerbaijan. Many Jewish organizations abroad are now keen on considering Azerbaijan as Israel’s friend country. I believe American Jews will unite with their diaspora representatives in Azerbaijan for making relevant response to Armenian lobby,” 1news.az quotes Peres as saying.

On July 9, US Senate’s Appropriation Committee will hold voting over the issue of providing foreign aid. Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) called upon Senate Committee Chair Daniel Inoy to support the bill on providing $70 million to Armenia and $10 million – to Nagorno Karabakh, as well as restore the parity in providing military aid to Armenia and Azerbaijan.

ANCA reported earlier that US President’s Administration had proposed to cut aid to Armenia by 38% and increase military assistance to Azerbaijan.

House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations has already put the bill to vote. Committee members have voted for allocating $48 to Armenia and $10 million – to Karabakh. Congressmen also voted in favor of maintaining parity in providing military aid to Armenia and Azerbaijan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
      NKR Army pushes Azerbaijan to peace

09.07.2009 19:12 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Azerbaijan’s claims are not restricted to separate lands; it wants to occupy the entire NKR territory, without understanding that Stepanakert has no intention to return anything, NKR Defense Minister announced in Askeran region, as reported by a PanARMENIAN.Net correspondent from Karabakh. “Today, NKR Defense Army ensures peace and stability in the region. Over the recent 10-15 years, we prevented Azeri advances on first contact line,” Movses Hakobyan stressed. NKR Army, according to him, is capable of ensuring NKR people’s security.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Military sports camp opened in NKR

09.07.2009 17:39 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ A military sports camp was today opened in Askeran region, Nagorno Karabakh. Opening ceremony was attended by NKR Defense Minister Movses Hakobyan, Education Minister Vladik Khachatryan, NKR National Assembly MPs and a number of other guests. The camp which will operate for 10 days has brought together teenagers from Martuni, Hadrut and Kashatagh regions. “Our goal is instill patriotism in youth. We must be ready to protect the land for which our fathers and brothers shed blood. We must be ready to avert enemy’s attack,” Vladik Khacyatryan said.

Last edited by Federate; 07-09-2009, 11:51 AM.
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Hi first of all. I m not here to insult you guys or such. I hope you are not that intolerant against us.

I m an ethnic Avar to begin with. I m not Azeri.

Nice thread got to say.

I want to say something about NK issue. We are ready to give Armenians of NK an high autonomous status. Everything can be Armenian in NK and they can have a direct contact with Armenia by no problem. We are ready to give that.

Isn't it better then a war? I mean don't you guys worry when you see huge spendings of our military? And who would want a war anyway, i mean look at last years war.

I know all that "we can't live under Azerbaijani flag again" etc...however, its the best for both sides.
        Last edited by Aslanov; 07-10-2009, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I feel i can contribute to this thread.

Here is video of Large army excersises held by our forces on 26 june.

This was the largest since 7 years.

I will not post the whole video since its a bit long.

However, here is some sort of "Remix" version.

Just a musical remake of the videos posted by WarrioRDFB, thnx a lot brother. keep up the good work
          Last edited by Aslanov; 07-10-2009, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aslanov View Post
            Hi first of all. I m not here to insult you guys or such. I hope you are not that intolerant against us.

I m an ethnic Avar to begin with. I m not Azeri.

Nice thread got to say.

I want to say something about NK issue. We are ready to give Armenians of NK an high autonomous status. Everything can be Armenian in NK and they can have a direct contact with Armenia by no problem. We are ready to give that.

Isn't it better then a war? I mean don't you guys worry when you see huge spendings of our military? And who would want a war anyway, i mean look at last years war.

I know all that "we can't live under Azerbaijani flag again" etc...however, its the best for both sides.
            no offense but i think its just bullxxxx how azeris say Armenians will be given high autonomous status in karabakh. if thats the case why dont you guys just accept karabakh's independence, isnt that the same as Armenians haveing a high status in the region? azerbaijan wants to completely isolate karabakh from Armenia, if its returned all the Armenians will be forcefully kicked out of the area and weve seen azeris do that before. We dont want war, azeris do. We told the azeris to remove the snipers from the frontline. Armenia accepted, karabakh accepted it and azerbaijan rejected it.
            Here is the perfect solution:
            1.) azerbaijan forgets about getting Artsakh back.
            2.) azerbaijan accepts Artsakhs independence.
            3.) those people who left Artsakh and went to azerbaijan can return to there homes.
            Thats the best of both worlds right there.

You guys can keep building up your military, its not scaring anyone. We are more than capable of repelling any attack.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
              3.) those people who left Artsakh and went to azerbaijan can return to there homes.
              If you're referring to Azeris then this is not possible. As much as I see why they should be able to go back to "their" homes, no Azeri should be allowed to return. This will tip the demographics scale in their balance and we would risk being a minority in our own country (Artsakh). Those Azeris have been reproducing like rabbits for twenty years now and they will claim anyone and everyone just so they maximize the "refugees'" numbers and facilitate a natural takeover if the military means does not happen. Azerbaijan should just use its oil money to settle these refugees in Baku once and for all. Besides, historically there were no Azeris in Artsakh; they were moved there in order to do to Artsakh what they did with Nakhichevan.

We can never live together in peace. The Azeris have been trained and bred for twenty years to be genocidal maniacs bent on the destruction of the Armenian people.

Comment

So what do you guys feel about recet events? I mean talks about returning 7 surrounding districs and later integration of NK into Azerbaijan.

Comment

So what do you guys feel about recet events? I mean talks about returning 7 surrounding districs and later integration of NK into Azerbaijan.
                  It's a load of crap. Those conditions are totally in Azerbaijan's favour and I doubt Armenia would capitulate like this, especially since it was the victor in the war it did not even start. The seven surrounding districts are integral parts of Artsakh now.

Comment

its azeri propaganda. Serge is from Artsakh, he will never give up his home country.

Comment

Did Armenian side deny it?

I didn't heard anything from Armenian side.

And do you predict a close future war?

Comment

Working...
                      X