Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

I would like to see some comparision actually.

Maybe Zoravar can post it.

Here is some equipments of AZ army. Maybe we can compare both.

Airforce

AzAF Su-25 Ground attack.

2 AzAF Mig-29 (Fighter) & 1 Su-24 (Strategic Bomber)

2 AzAF Mig-25 (Long range Interceptor/Reconnaissance/Bomber) & 1 Su-24.

3 AzAF Mig-29 & 1 Su-25.

3 AzAf Mig-29 & 6 AzAF Su-25.

AzAF Mi-24 Attack Helicopters.

Comment

Azerbaijan Special forces with Israeli made Tar-21 rifles, NVGs and ACUG.

Long range Strategic Tochka guide missiles.

T-72

Israel made UAVs.

Smerch multiple rocket launchers.

Last edited by Aslanov; 07-11-2009, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post

here is a historic map of the Roman Empire during BC. It clearly shows Artsakh and Nakichevan as part of Armenia with no sign of a azerbaijan to the north of the Arax river.
        Its actually true that it was created with that name only in 1918, when Russian empire collapsed and Azeris got their independence.
        Last edited by Aslanov; 07-11-2009, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aslanov View Post
          Its actually true that it was created with that name only in 1918, when Russian empire collapsed and Azeris got their independence.

I think they was just called "Tatar".
          its was built on the homeland of the Avars, Lezgins, and Tsakhurs. here is an interesting article about the Avars, Lezgins and Tsakhurs.

It talks about how you guys appealed on a russian website about the fact that the creation in 1918 of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic effectively split the ancestral homeland of the three ethnic groups, and that during the seven decades that those lands were part of the USSR, they were subjected to "nightmarish" discrimination. It claimed that they were the only ethnic minorities in the entire Soviet Union who were obliged to pay for secondary and higher education. It further argued that Azerbaijan's secession in 1991 from the USSR was illegal as it was not preceded by a referendum, in which they would have voted against (Armenia was in fact the only Soviet republic to comply with the referendum requirement), and that "twice during the 20th century Azerbaijan occupied our homeland and unlawfully seized power there."
          it also talks about how the azeris forced the Avars, Lezgins and Tsakhurs to fight in the Karabakh war where they lost thousands of people. all of you guys should band together and do something about this oppression.

Comment

its was built on the homeland of the Avars, Lezgins, and Tsakhurs. here is an interesting article about the Avars, Lezgins and Tsakhurs.

It talks about how you guys appealed on a russian website about the fact that the creation in 1918 of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic effectively split the ancestral homeland of the three ethnic groups, and that during the seven decades that those lands were part of the USSR, they were subjected to "nightmarish" discrimination. It claimed that they were the only ethnic minorities in the entire Soviet Union who were obliged to pay for secondary and higher education. It further argued that Azerbaijan's secession in 1991 from the USSR was illegal as it was not preceded by a referendum, in which they would have voted against (Armenia was in fact the only Soviet republic to comply with the referendum requirement), and that "twice during the 20th century Azerbaijan occupied our homeland and unlawfully seized power there."
            it also talks about how the azeris forced the Avars, Lezgins and Tsakhurs to fight in the Karabakh war where they lost thousands of people. all of you guys should band together and do something about this oppression.
            Thanks for this.

If you look at some Soviet datas, it shows that Dagestanian peopls formed the majority of what is now Azerbaijan.

I think only land that belong to Azeris ethnically is Shamakhi and Baku area.

Comment

Thanks for this.

This is actually true, we have became minority in our own lands.

If you look at some Soviet datas, it shows that Dagestanian peopls formed the majority of what is now Azerbaijan.

I think only land that belong to Azeris is Shamakhi and Baku area.
              If a war breaks out, you guys help us and we'll give u your land back, lol. But seriously look what happened to the Armenian population in Nakichevan. azeris have completely gotten rid of any evidence of Armenians being on that land, they destroyed a medieval cemetery just to show Armenians were never on that land. You guys should fight and keep your identity, dont let the azeris turkify u guys like theyve turkified our land.
              We actually tried to get the word out on what was happening to you guys but the azeris claim it was the Armenians and Russians trying to ruin azerbaijan.

Comment

If a war breaks out, you guys help us and we'll give u your land back, lol. But seriously look what happened to the Armenian population in Nakichevan. azeris have completely gotten rid of any evidence of Armenians being on that land, they destroyed a medieval cemetery just to show Armenians were never on that land. You guys should fight and keep your identity, dont let the azeris turkify u guys like theyve turkified our land.
                We actually tried to get the word out on what was happening to you guys but the azeris claim it was the Armenians and Russians trying to ruin azerbaijan.
                http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=26343
                We will try to get autonomy. I m for that too, like the guy mentioned in the link you gave.

I hope Azerbaijan is going to be a federal country.

Thats our main concern too.
                Last edited by Aslanov; 07-11-2009, 01:55 PM.

Comment

We will try to get autonomy. I m for that too, like the guy mentioned in the link you gave.

I hope Azerbaijan is going to be a federal country.

Thats our main concern too.
                  i would love to see azerbaijan get whats coming to it for what its done to other people. theyve stolen land, culture, history, killed innocent people, etc. its funny how Israels president recently commended azerbaijan for the treatment of minorities in azerbaijan without actually talking to the minorities themselves.

Comment

i would love to see azerbaijan get whats coming to it for what its done to other people. theyve stolen land, culture, history, killed innocent people, etc. its funny how Israels president recently commended azerbaijan for the treatment of minorities in azerbaijan without actually talking to the minorities themselves.
                    Well, its true that there is no freedom there.

Not just regarding ethnicity, but the country as whole.

And i hope there wasn't any problem with me posting pics of AZ mil?

If so, tell me.

Comment

Well, its true that there is no freedom there.

Not just regarding ethnicity, but the country as whole.

And i hope there wasn't any problem with me posting pics of AZ mil?

If so, tell me.
                      there is no problem. if u check the previous pages you can see other users posting articles about Armenia's and azerbaijans military's. they also post pictures they find, sometimes videos.

Comment

Working...
                      X