Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    Hi everyone
    i've been participating in the Birthright Armenia Program and placed in Gyumri for the past 8 days. I don't have internet yet, but will soon, and that is why I have not been posting over the last few weeks. Once I have internet regularly, I will try to provide more updates
    I have been told that 3 of the deaths were from conscripts from Gyumri itself. Birthright Armenia has placed me with a Gymuri family and the youngest son returned from Artsakh only on Tuesday (June 5) after 2 years of service, needless to say, his mother was shaking and jumping at every movement outside of her house, not having heard from her son, especially after the killings. I'm in Yerevan for today(Saturday) and will return to Gyumri tonight.
    From reading the posts from the last week I seem to understand that there was 25-50 Azeri deaths in retaliation, and we lost 4, is this correct?
    I'm not sure about Vahram's post. I think he may have gone insane.

Yes, the Azeri figures are about right. I have some questions for you though seeing as you are in Armenia and have been with a family that has a son in the army:

1. How is morale at the frontline?

2. Have you heard any rumors about K3 or Vahan rifles being mass-produced?

3. Are people becoming more disatisfied with life in Armenia or less?

Thanks.
    Last edited by davidoga; 06-08-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
      This might be a little off-topic for this thread but all the military experts are here Watch this video from Syria where the rebels blow up a vehicle. It is one of the most brutal kills I have ever watched. I have a few questions for anyone with a sharp eye. I'm assuming they hit it with an RPG because that's what the "FSA" mainly use but what exactly is that vehicle? An APC or a T-72? I think it looks more like an APC. Also, is it safe to assume that the ammunition caught on fire which led to that massive explosion?

What these questions arise is that, assuming this is a Russian-made vehicle, what are the odds of something like this happening to our own vehicles? The survivability is next to zero. We're definitely better armoured than the vehicle from the video but the Azeris have much better equipment than the FSA...
      Russian vehicles are cheap and cheerful.

Heres another APC.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

These guys are nuts here they are attacking a parked MiG.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Azerbaijan military drills

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Armenian Army

Comment

one of the reasons i dont like arabs ,they kill there own kind preaching religious rightfulness they are enemys of them selfs sheeps all the way up , they dont need Israel they can kill each other very well .

I cant see very well but i think also its version of T-72, surprised they have no reactive armor what so ever , must be some export model surely ,you can see the smoke coming from the turret gun before the explosion.
            What azeris got is very well balanced from our army be it the environment or the equipment ,i am happy about the support of CSTO i also wait for the new developments in defense industry .new companies atc.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
              This might be a little off-topic for this thread but all the military experts are here Watch this video from Syria where the rebels blow up a vehicle. It is one of the most brutal kills I have ever watched. I have a few questions for anyone with a sharp eye. I'm assuming they hit it with an RPG because that's what the "FSA" mainly use but what exactly is that vehicle? An APC or a T-72? I think it looks more like an APC. Also, is it safe to assume that the ammunition caught on fire which led to that massive explosion?

What these questions arise is that, assuming this is a Russian-made vehicle, what are the odds of something like this happening to our own vehicles? The survivability is next to zero. We're definitely better armoured than the vehicle from the video but the Azeris have much better equipment than the FSA...

most ppl are saying it's a T-72 early modell, (probably T-72M). thin armour. looks like fire spread into missle storage compartment pretty quickly

Comment

Ադրբեջանական բանակի կորուստները հասել են 40-ի
                08 Հունիսի 2012 - 14:17

Երեկ ադրբեջանական կայքերը հերթական ապատեղեկատվությունն են տարածել, թե իբր հունիսի 7-ին` Ֆիզուլիի շրջանում հայկական զինված ուժերի «նախաձեռնությամբ» լայնամասշտաբ մարտեր են ընթանում, ընդ որում` ուղղաթիռների կիրառմամբ և իբրև երկու կողմերից էլ կան բազմաթիվ զոհեր և վիրավորներ:
                HayNews.am.-ի տեղեկություններով, կրակոցներ հնչել են Ֆիզուլիի հատվածում, բայց ոչ մարտ կամ դիվերսիա: ԼՂՀ ՊԲ լրատվության և քարոզչության բաժնի պետ Սենոր Հասրաթյանը HayNews.am-ի հետ զրույցում, նշեց, թե Արցախում իրավիճակը վերահսկվում է և լայնամաշտպաբ գործողությունների մասին խոսք լինել չի կարող.
                «Սա Ադրբեջանի հերթական մտքի «թռիչքն է»:

Արդեն ավելի ուշ, ԼՂՀ ՊԲ-ի մամուլի ծառայությունը հաղորդագրություն տարածեց, որում մասնավորապես ասվում է. «Ղարաբաղա-ադրբեջանական հակամարտ զորքերի շփման գծի ողջ երկարությամբ հակառակորդի առաջապահ ստորաբաժանումները շարունակում են պարբերաբար եւ բավականին ինտենսիվ կերպով խախտել հրադադարի պահպանման ռեժիմը:
                ԼՂՀ պաշտպանության բանակի մամուլի ծառայությունից հայտնում են, որ միայն հունիսի 6-ին եւ 7-ին ադրբեջանական զինուժի կողմից տարբեր տրամաչափի հրաձգային զենքերից ՊԲ դիրքերի ուղղությամբ արձակվել են հազարավոր կրակոցներ: ԼՂՀ զինված ուժերի դիրքապահ ստորաբաժանումները անհրաժեշտության դեպքում դիմել են պատասխան գործողությունների եւ ճնշել հակառակորդի ակտիվությունը: Դիրքային փոխհրաձգությունների արդյունքում ղարաբաղյան կողմը կորուստներ չի ունեցել:
                Թեեւ ադրբեջանական բանակի դրսեւորած նախահարձակ գործողությունների ակտիվությանը, Պաշտպանության բանակի ստորաբաժանումները առաջնային գծի բոլոր հատվածներում վստահորեն վերահսկում են իրավիճակը և պատշաճ կերպով իրականացնում իրենց առջեւ դրված մարտական խնդիրը»:

Ի դեպ, ըստ HayNews.am-ի տեղեկությունների, ադրբեջանական բանակը մի քանի օրվա ընթացքում կորցրել է շուրջ 40 զինվոր: Պաշտոնական Բաքուն, սակայն, իր ոչնչացված զինվորների փաստը ներկայացնում է իբրև դժբախտ պատահարների հետևանք՝ մեկի վրա քար է ընկել, մի քանիսն ականից են զոհվել...

HayNews.am

Comment

Հավաք եղել է, վերջնական որոշում կկայացնենք` տեղյակ կպահենք. Արկադի Տեր-Թադեւոսյան
                  09 Հունիսի 2012 - 11:56

Մամուլում տեղեկատվություն է տարածվել, որ երեկ երեկոյան Արմավիրի մարզում օպերատիվ հավաք է տեղի ունեցել, որին ներկա են եղել բարձրաստիճան զինվորականներ, գեներալներ, ռազմական Արցախյան ազատամարտի մասնակիցներ և անգամ ռազմական փորձագետներ:
                  Նույն տեղեկությունների համաձայն՝ հավաքի մասնակիցների թվում են եղել ՀՀ գլխավոր ռազմական տեսուչ Միքայել Հարությունյանը, Արկադի Տեր-Թադևոսյանը (Կոմանդոս), գեներալ Սեյրան Սարոյանը, պատգամավոր Առաքել Մովսիսյանը (Շմայս): Աղբյուրի փոխանցմամբ, հանդիպման ընթացքում ներկաները վերլուծելով ադրբեջանցիների դիվերսիոն գործողությունների պատճառը, և եկել են այն եզրահանգման, որ այս ամենի մեջ իր լրջագույն թերություններն ու բացթողումներն ունի նաև հայկական կողմը, քանի որ պահանջվածից կոշտ չէ: Բարձրաստիճան գեներալները պնդել են, թե հակառակորդին իսկապես պետք է շատ կոշտ ու կոպիտ պատասխան տալ, ընդ որում, ոչ թե մասնակի, այլ լայնածավալ մասշտաբով, որպեսզի նա իր տեղն իմանա:

Այս առնչությամբ, HayNews.am-ը զրուցեց Արկադի Տեր-Թադևոսյանի հետ, ով վստահեցրեց. «Ես չեմ մասնակցել, բայց գիտեմ, որ հավաք եղել է, դե նման հավաքներ վերջին օրերին անընդհատ լինում են, երբ վերջնական որոշում կկայացնենք` տեղյակ կպահենք»:

Մանվել Գրիգորյանի օգնական Վարդան Վարդանյանն էլ մեր հարցին, թե եղե՞լ է նման հավաք և իսկապես հայտարարվել է, թե ավելի կոշտ պետք է լինի հայկայկան կողմը, վերջինը պատասխանեց. «Նման հավաք չի եղել, ես տեղյակ չեմ նման հավաքի մասին»:

ՀՀ գլխավոր ռազմական տեսուչ Միքայել Հարությունյանի և գեներալ Սեյրան Սարոյանի հեռախոսներն անջատված էին, ուստի նրանցից որևէ պարզաբանում ստանալ այդպես էլ չհաջողվեց:

HayNews.am

Comment

Հայ-ադրբեջանական սահմանի դեպքերին Մոսկվան, զարմանալի է, բայց ուշ արձագանքեց. «Նեզավիսիմայա գազետա»
                    08 Հունիսի 2012

«Նեզավիսիմայա գազետա» թերթում հրապարակվել է Հայաստանի և Ադրբեջանի միջև տեղի ունեցած սահմանային միջադեպերի և այդ կապակցությամբ Ռուսաստանի երկարատև լռության վերաբերյալ մի հոդված:
                    Հոդվածի հեղինակն է Յուրի Ռոկսը:

«Բաքվի և Երևանի միջև լարվածությունն աննախատեպ չափերի է հասել: Միայն այս շաբաթ Ադրբեջանի հետ սահմանամերձ հայկական շրջաններում կասեցվել է մի քանի դիվերսիոն գործողություն, որից հետո միջադեպ է տեղի ունեցել նաև Արցախի և Ադրբեջանի շփման գծում:

Հեղինակը նշում է, որ Վաշինգթոնը, Անկարան և Փարիզը գրեթե միաժամանակ հանդես եկան կոչերով` դադարեցնել իրավիճակի սրումը:

«ԱՄՆ-ն, Ֆրանսիան, Թուրքիան միջադեպերի հետ կապված իրենց անհանգստությունը բարձրաձայնեցին: Հայաստանի ռազմական դաշնակիցը և միաժամանակ Ադրբեջանի գործընկերը` Ռուսաստանն արձագանքեց վերջինը»,- նշում է նա:

«Երևանի և Բաքվի միջև լարվածության սրման կապակցությամբ ԱՄՆ-ի, Ֆրանսիայի, Թուրքիայի, ԵԱՀԿ-ի խաղաղության կոչերի ֆոնի վրա, զարմանալի էր, Մոսկվայի երկարատև լռությունը, որը Հարավային Կովկասը հռչակել է իր աշխարհաքաղաքական շահերի գոտի: Միայն հինգշաբթի օրը՝ օրվա երկրորդ կեսին, ՌԴ Արտաքին գործերի նախարարության պաշտոնական ներկայացուցիչ Ալեքսանդր Լուկաշևիչը հույս հայտնեց, որ Փարիզում կայանալիք երկու կողմերի ատգործնախախարների հանդիպումը կկարգավորի իրավիճակը, իսկ մինչ այդ կողմերը զսպվածություն կդրսևորեն»,- նշվում է հոդվածում:

HayNews.am

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
                      most ppl are saying it's a T-72 early modell, (probably T-72M). thin armour. looks like fire spread into missle storage compartment pretty quickly
                      I am no expert but it almost looks like it blew up from inside rather than get hit by a hand held rocket to me.....why so much intense fire and explosion, what else was in the tank other than normal munation

How about plastic explosives planted under the storage compartment with a remote detonator

ZORAVAR where are you
                      Last edited by Eddo211; 06-09-2012, 01:13 AM.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X