Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Brand new building opened two months ago is burning.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire hits Heydar Aliyev Center in Baku

A fire took place at the Heydar Aliyev Center in Narimanov district of Baku on Friday, Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry's State Fire Control Service told Trend on Friday.
    According to the report, firemen are involved to extinguish the fire.

trend.az
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Armenian Air Force.

Comment

Soldier of Azerbaijani army commits suicide

[ 20 Jul 2012 13:22 ]
        Baku. Hafiz Heydarov-APA. A soldier of Azerbaijani army committed suicide. APA reports that the incident occurred in one of the military units of the Defense Ministry in Baku.

18 year-old soldier Aliyev Elfakt hanged himself. He was drafted from Shamkir region.

The Defense Ministry’s press service confirmed the fact to APA. The investigation is being carried out into the fact.

Comment

Officer of Azerbaijani Army killed

[ 20 Jul 2012 15:56 ]
          Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. An officer of the Azerbaijani Army was killed. APA reports that the incident was recorded on Tovuz frontline.

Senior Lieutenant of the Azerbaijani Army Jafar Ibrahim Jafar was killed as a result of ceasefire violation by the Armenian armed units in direction of Alibayli village of Tovuz region. Spokesman for the Defense Ministry, Major Teymur Abdullayev confirmed the fact to APA.

Jafarov was drafted from Babek region of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic.
          apa.az

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
            An officer of the Azerbaijani Army was killed. APA reports that the incident was recorded on Tovuz frontline.
            you'd think they'd learn but no. payback is a biatch.

Comment

I met with the Defense Minister last Thursday as part of Birthright Armenia, and below are answers to some of the questions I was able to ask. As expected his were very limited and political, and he did not reveal much more that what is already out there.

Originally posted by Mher View Post
              I will have the chance to meet with Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan this upcoming thursday thanks to Birthright Armenia
              If anyone has any questions they would want me to ask the minister I would be glad to do so

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
              Could you ask him if (though he will probably not give anywhere near an explicit answer but you may be able to elude to the real answer based on his expressions) if Armenia is aggressively/demanding more missile systems, jet fighters, etc from Russia?

Obviously so much is classified but I think Armenia deserves more armament. It seems Armenia has just enough to defend itself but not enough to counter.
              " you are correct in your observation. The fact is, in our situation defense comes first, and we have to take what we can get, because at least it means we are able to protect ourselves and our people. One thing is that these weapons can be used in forms of counterattack, and this in itself provides a deterrence for Azerbaijan, and ensures that war does not break out. Of course, ideally, we would want more weapons, the best weapons, offensive weapons, and are always working towards that, but given our situation, we have to accept what we receive as part of our alliance, and we are satisfied with it."

Originally posted by Federate View Post
              Is it realistic to expect the CSTO or Russia to intervene in a future Karabakh conflict on the side of Armenia?
              "In the Armenian constitution, Armenian Defense forces are responsible for the protection of both the people of Armenia and Artsakh. This means that if Artsakh was ever attacked, Armenia by its constitution, would be obligated to defend Artsakh. Therefore, naturally, this would mean that as part of written and agreed upon alliance, Armenia expects both Russia and all other CSTO members, to join the conflict on Armenia's side."

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
              Could he introduce some minimal time or periods of service in the army like the Israel so for Armenians that long live or have double passports outside of Armenia?
              Unfortunately, I was unable to ask this questions, which is a shame, because it is one of the few he would have actually given an honest and complete answer to.

Originally posted by Yerevanski92 View Post
              If Armenia is gonna acquire newer equipment such as T-90 tanks, artillery systems, or Mi-28 helicopters to counter the advanced equipment that Azerbaijan recently has been stockpiling? And is Armenia planning on developing a domestic weapons industry for the production of small arms?
              I included the first part of this question in Joseph's question with the same exact wording. I was planning on asking the second part combined with the next question, but I was unable to in the allotted time.

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
              Please ask about any developments in K3 or VAHAN production (or the defense industry in general). Any chance of S400 deployment in 102nd base?
              Again, unfortuantely, I was unable to ask these questions, though given the nature of the question, I doubt I would have received any useful information.

Other notable questions other people asked

Comments on Azerbaijan's $1.6 Billion military deal w/ Israel

I have repeatedly and thoroughly spoken to my U.S. counterparts to ensure that not a single component of a single one of these arms is U.S manufactured as expected in honor of Section 907. Beyond that, we are attempting all diplomatic approaches to hinder and slow down as much as possible, the actual delivery of these arms to Azerbaijan in the coming months and years.

Armenia's role in a potential Iran/Israel War

If the situation were to deteriorate for our ally and neighbor Iran, we will do all that is possible to shelter and protect all Iranian refugees who seek refuge in our borders. If Azerbaijan tried to take advantage of the situation and attack Artsakh, we will be on watch, and more so prepared that we are as is, and we will protect our lands, and punish the enemy.

How are you developing NATO relations

we do our best to balance our actions towards the two power blocks, NATO and CSTO. Of course, I can not state every we do in such a forum, but I assure you, our bilateral and multilateral relations go beyond peacekeeping

Comment

Ministry of Emergency Situations

Comment

@Mher: Many thanks for getting back to us.

Sometimes, I wish the MOD would be less secretive. I know that there is much more information about Armenian military capability that the public is not aware enough. That being said, Ohanyan probably knows the value of discretion better than I do.

Comment

Armenian Air Defence

Comment

Zinuj (21.07.2012)

Comment

Working...
                      X