Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
    A new president? But everyone loves Aliyev

In all seriousness though, there is a reason there isn't a resumption of hostilities already. Forgetting Russia for a second, Azerbaijan would need to have a HUGE advantage (like 5:1) when fighting in mountainous region to have a chance. And the parity between them and Armenia is nowhere near that large.

Considering Russia's interests, it makes all the more reason for them not to attack.

IMO, the status quo is ideal. Let NKR grow and become more investment friendly and democratic, and let Azerbaijan spend there dwindling oil supply on stupid sh*t like Eurovision and Baku skyscrapers. Withing 20-30 years, Azeri economy will collapse.

By the way, good news about Armenian economy (it's almost investment grade!): http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/0...LA225720120823
    ya i agree they dont know what is going to happen to them after all this spendings,and thanks for the article

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      Aliyev is president for life. Aliyev will attack us when it's in his clan's own interests. Right now, a war would hit oil and investment profits.
      i agree with his presidency for life but do u think azeris are saving money from their oil money to prevent economy collapse later on?cause i heard that aliyev has saved 11 billion.

Comment

When war will break against us the azeri side will loos just for one reason : civil war.
        Simple as that : Muslims vs Alievs .

Ps: other question : who of you would go and fight in Armenia if there is war ? Just to see ^^ I can't go I'm not even 18 .

Comment

Originally posted by haydavid View Post
          When war will break against us the azeri side will loos just for one reason : civil war.
          Simple as that : Muslims vs Alievs .

Ps: other question : who of you would go and fight in Armenia if there is war ? Just to see ^^ I can't go I'm not even 18 .
          Ima be 18 in January and I'm also sure a war won't break out till Then so ima join the war if there is im sure every one in this page would also join
          Last edited by argin; 08-25-2012, 02:23 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by argin View Post
            i agree with his presidency for life but do u think azeris are saving money from their oil money to prevent economy collapse later on?cause i heard that aliyev has saved 11 billion.
            Their oil is running out. I believe they are going to reach the peak of their oil supplies very soon. So after that it's downhill because without natural resources, Azerbaijan has nothing. So at that point they may start a war, because tough economies translate into political instability, and with a war Aliyev can tighten his grip on the country. Of course Aliyev knows very well, taking over Karabakh is a fantasy at this point and the cost of losing the war (which is very probable) will be too great.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

If we don't have this war I have a fear that we will only keep some of our lost lands and stop there. We did this all with hunting guns and whatever else we could capture. Things like tanks, big guns, everything but airplanes becuase we shot those down....LOL

Now what do you think will happen when I turn on my S-300? Hmmm

rejoice and enjoy your victory against overwhelming odds! Against Chechen and Afgan mofo’s. Maybe the West should have understood who the Armenians are, instead they got Sept 11 out of the deal of supporting these scum!

One thing I see all you guys doing is talking about baboon oil! Don't you people know that the person who was in charge of all the baboon oil? It was an Armenian....LOL The dude left a long time ago for other big oil fields, Mr. 5% was an Armo What that guy left behind was finished then!

So don't take your eye off the ball, we have a lot of land that these toork bastards are sitting on. Why are so many of you guys sitting here so happy that we have 5% of our lands back? They owe us not just the land but they owe many years of rent! And I want to collect intrest on that money!

Getze Hayastan!
              Last edited by Vahram; 08-25-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

i have info, can anyone say somethink about it? we got 400 ak105 for spetsnaz,but in parade border guards had them

Comment

Hey guys you want to hear a joke?

Yes you said? Oh ok

<Start of joke>

Once an Armenian farmer told an Azeri solider that he was going to shoot him in the leg. And the Azeri soldier started to cry.

The problem with this is that the Armenian guy never shot him, he just said he would, but this did not matter. The Azeri cried for 4 days! The Armenian guy felt bad, he decided that the next time he was going to talk to an Azeri he would talk different.

two days passed, and another Azeri soldier met the Armenian farmer. The Armenian farmer wise from his pervious encounter with the other Azeri said

“I’m going to shoot you in the Arse ”

So the Azeri turned around, dropped his pants and told the Armenian “Go Ahead”

<End of joke>
                  Last edited by Vahram; 08-25-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia &amp; Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    Their oil is running out. I believe they are going to reach the peak of their oil supplies very soon. So after that it's downhill because without natural resources, Azerbaijan has nothing. So at that point they may start a war, because tough economies translate into political instability, and with a war Aliyev can tighten his grip on the country. Of course Aliyev knows very well, taking over Karabakh is a fantasy at this point and the cost of losing the war (which is very probable) will be too great.
                    My biggest fear is that Armenia will become to complacent with the territories that it already controls. Regions like Nakhchivan, Ganzak, and Shahumyan should be liberated as well; they are no less important than Artsakh (actually, they are part of historical Artsakh).

I had chance to speak to Permanent Representative of NKR to US Robert Avetisyan (essentially the ambassador), and he says that there are no such ambitions at the moment. It is a shame.

Comment

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia &amp; Azerbaijan

Davidoga,

"My biggest fear is that Armenia will become to complacent with the territories that it already controls. Regions like Nakhchivan, Ganzak, and Shahumyan should be liberated as well; they are no less important than Artsakh (actually, they are part of historical Artsakh).

I had chance to speak to Permanent Representative of NKR to US Robert Avetisyan (essentially the ambassador), and he says that there are no such ambitions at the moment. It is a shame."

Hokit Seerem!

Comment

Working...
                      X