Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Shant you can stfu yourself. This is on the topic. Military balance between Armenia and Azerbaijan.

Returning to my thoughts: currently Kurds are our strategic allies regarding turkey. So we need them as much as they need us in weakening turkey.
    Simple fact is, if even without moving the borders an inch, if we can have Kurds as our neighbors instead of Turks, then Armenia can become much stronger and more secure.
    Subsequently the blockade and Azeri hopes of seeing us too weak will go up in air.
    Let's be realistic about Kurds and us guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
      Shant you can stfu yourself. This is on the topic. Military balance between Armenia and Azerbaijan.
      My comment wasn't directed at you but to those who are arguing about israel and hezbulloh as I don't see the relevance with our current war. I do agree with some of your thoughts, I feel we should back the Kurds to keep Turkey occupied and away from Azerbaijan as they have continually supported Azerbaijan with NATO type training/support. That being said, I would never fully put my faith into the Kurdish movement as their goals conflict with ours.
      Last edited by Shant03; 08-16-2015, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
        My comment wasn't directed at you but to those who are arguing about israel and hezbulloh as I don't see the relevance with our current war. I do agree with some of your thoughts, I feel we should back the Kurds to keep Turkey occupied and away from Azerbaijan as they have continually supported Azerbaijan with NATO type training/support. That being said, I would never fully put my faith into the Kurdish movement as their goals conflict with ours.
        Shant, before writing think twice. You have been here few months ago and u need to follow how the debates are in here.

Comment

Oh look what we got here.

ԱՄՆ-ն և Գերմանիան դուրս են բերում իրենց Patriot համակարգերը Թուրքիայից

Comment

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
            Oh look what we got here.

ԱՄՆ-ն և Գերմանիան դուրս են բերում իրենց Patriot համակարգերը Թուրքիայից

http://razm.info/69372
            This is a great news for us and a harsh one for the Turks,it's equivalent of Russians taking the iskanders from their base in armenia,can't wait for us to march to our occupied territories

I'm also sure the news I qoute below is fabricated by the media and the actual reason is the behavior of the Turks in the recent months

U.S. military to pull Patriot missiles from Turkey this fall
            The U.S. military is pulling its Patriot missiles from Turkey this fall, the U.S. embassy in Ankara announced Sunday, Aug 16, according to Fox News.

The Patriot missiles "will be redeployed to the United States for critical modernization upgrades," according to a statement from the U.S. embassy in Turkey. "This decision follows a U.S. review of global missile defense posture."

"The U.S. and NATO commitments to the defense of Allies - including Turkey - are steadfast," the statement said.

The U.S. military has deployed Patriot missiles along the Turkey-Syria border since 2013 along with a ground force of 300 U.S. Army soldiers to operate them, protecting Turkey from potential Syrian missiles.

The decision to pull the missiles has been "long planned" and is not a response to Turkey's unannounced massive airstrike against a Kurdish separatist group in northern Iraq on July 24, a State Dept. official said.

The strike endangered U.S. Special Forces on the ground training Kurdish Peshmerga fighters, angering U.S. military officials. The U.S. military was taken completely by surprise by the Turkish airstrike, which involved 26 jets, Fox News quoted military sources as saying.

Patriot missiles have been upgraded in recent years to shoot down ballistic missiles, in addition to boasting an ability to bring down enemy aircraft. The U.S. military has deployed these missiles along Turkey's border with Syria.

When a Kurdish journalist asked the Army's outgoing top officer, Gen. Raymond Odierno, about the incident over northern Iraq at his final press conference Wednesday, Odierno replied: "We've had conversations about this to make sure it doesn't happen."

The Kurdistan Workers Party, or PKK, has been listed as a foreign terrorist organization by the U.S. State Department. It is influenced by Marxist ideology and has been responsible for recent attacks in Turkey, killing Turkish police and military personnel. A separate left-wing radical group was responsible for attacking the U.S. Consulate in Istanbul last week.

State Department and Pentagon officials have said in recent days that Turkey has a right to defend itself against the PKK.

A senior military source told Fox News that Turkey is worried about recent gains by Syrian Kurds, some affiliated with the PKK. But the group is seen as an effective ground force against the Islamic State (IS, or ISIS), helping pinpoint the militant group’s targets for U.S. warplanes.

The Turks, however, worry Syrian Kurds will take over most of the 560-mile border it shares with Syria.

Currently, ISIS controls a 68-mile strip along the Turkey-Syria border, but Turkey does not want Kurdish fighters involved in the fight to push out ISIS from this portion of the border because it would enable the Kurds to control a large swath of land stretching from northern Iraq to the Mediterranean. Right now Syrian Kurds occupy both sides of the contested 68-mile border controlled by ISIS.

Of the 30 million Kurds living in the Middle East, 14 million reside in Turkey. They are one of the world's largest ethnic groups without its own country.

Despite Turkey being listed among the 62-nation anti-ISIS coalition, it has yet to be named as a country striking ISIS in the coalition's daily airstrike report.

A week ago, after months of negotiations, the U.S. Air Force moved six F-16 fighter jets to Incirlik Air Base in Turkey from their base in Italy and several KC-135 refueling planes. Airstrikes against ISIS in Syria soon followed.

The decision to allow manned U.S. military aircraft inside Turkey came days after an ISIS suicide bomber killed dozens of Turkish citizens.

Part of Turkey's reluctance to do more against ISIS is because Turkey wants the U.S. military to take on the regime of Syrian president Bashar al-Assad. But that is not U.S. policy.

"We are not at war with the Assad regime," Pentagon spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis said recently.

The animosity between Turkey and Syria goes back decades. In 1939, Turkey annexed its southern most province, Hatay, from Assad family land. Syria has never recognized the move and the two countries have been at odds ever since.

"If needed, we are prepared to return Patriot assets and personnel to Turkey within one week," a defense official told Fox News.
            Last edited by argin; 08-16-2015, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Armenian Air Force

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
                This is more or less my position as well.

Comment

You guys think Kurds can take land from Turkey then you are crazy.........Turks will level them if it comes to that. Turkey still 3rfd strongest in NATO.

Not one inch of land.......if you want it then you have to take it with blood and hold it with blood.

I don't trust Kurds, they change position without thinking and now they do what US and believed or not Turkey says......Turkey different story than Iraq.

Few years later Kurds will loose their foreign support and left to the Turks.

Ocalan control PKK....The Ergenekons control Ocalan,
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                    You guys think Kurds can take land from Turkey then you are crazy.........Turks will level them if it comes to that. Turkey still 3rfd strongest in NATO.

Not one inch of land.......if you want it then you have to take it with blood and hold it with blood.

I don't trust Kurds, they change position without thinking and now they do what US and believed or not Turkey says......Turkey different story than Iraq.

Few years later Kurds will loose their foreign support and left to the Turks.

Ocalan control PKK....The Ergenekons control Ocalan,
                    Not really

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                      Guys imagine a scenario(it can happen or cannot, but in politics everything is possible as long as you are inventive enough).
                      Kurdish movement goes to full fledge civil war, turkey is boiling with unrest and NATO is not up to preventing it's ally's disintegration. Kurds declare autonomy and kick out Turkish army. As soon as Nakhijevan looses it's direct contact with Turkish military, war in Artsakh breaks out which turns to full fledged hostilities between Armenia and Azerbaijan. Using the pretext of nessecity we take over Nakhichevan and clear it.
                      Being in touch and with agreement with Kurds and in order to establish srcurity, our army takes over Igdir and Kars.
                      Having convinced Kurds in necessity of establishing security zone and controll over trade roads we jointly press north and cut out a section of Black Sea coast.
                      We convince Kurds to give the necessary oversight of Armenian cultural monuments to us and also in ensuing years some part of population around Van, Tigranakerd and other places comes out and converts back to Armenian roots. We have a possibility of a second Javakhk in our south. But we controll Nakhijevan (thus, more security against Baku) Kars, Igdir, sarikamish, Ardahan and Ardvin with opening to Black Sea in Hopa. No more blockade. No more begging for trade. We choose with whom we trade.
                      Sounds impossible?
                      But a fiew years ago nobody could dream that Soviet Union would not be anymore and we would be independent. Iraq and Syria would collapse and borders would be redrawn all over.
                      Some powers like Russia or Us would not let it happen? But there's also so many things that have and do slip out of their hands all the time.
                      I know one thing. It will be better version of events for any near future than fight Kurds fight this fight that without knowing the outcome.
                      One thing for sure that we need for good things to happen is to strengthen Armenia.
                      This is the best outcome

Comment

Working...
                      X