Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Հակառակորդի գնդակից զոհվել է ՊԲ զինծառայող
    Հունվար 10, 2016

Հունվարի 9-ին` ժամը 21:30-ի սահմաններում, ՊԲ արևելյան զորամասերից մեկի պահպանության տեղամասում հակառակորդի կրակոցից զոհվել է ՊԲ զինծառայող, 1996թ. ծնված Արամայիս Յուրիկի Ոսկանյանը:

Այս մասին այսօր՝ հունվարի 10-ին, հայտնում է ՊԲ մամուլի ծառայությունը: Դեպքի մանրամասները պարզելու համար կատարվում է քննություն։

Պաշտպանության բանակը կիսում է կորստյան ծանր վիշտը և իր զորակացությունը հայտնում մահացած զինծառայողի ընտանիքի անդամներին, հարազատներին և ծառայակիցներին:

Comment

Azerbaijan Suffers From Currency Crash, Low Oil Prices

Deeply in debt, a man in Azerbaijan sets himself alight -- highlighting the human cost of the collapse of the country's currency.

Alik Navruzov's self-immolation in front of his workplace on January 7 was said to be his response to the sudden crash of the manat, which has lost about a third of its value since Azerbaijan's Central Bank announced in December that it would no longer prop up the currency.

According to colleagues at the school in Neftchala where he worked as a maintenance man, Navruzov complained of having bank loans he could no longer make payments on.

The 63-year-old survived, and is now reportedly in stable condition at a hospital in the city, located in the eponymous oil-producing region some 130 kilometers south of the capital. But there appears to be no signs of relief for Navruzov's dire financial straits -- a situation that is all too familiar to a growing number of people in Azerbaijan.

Less than a year after the Caspian Sea state hosted the first-ever European Games, an event President Ilham Aliyev had hoped would showcase his country's prosperity, it's evident that from the government to the people on the street, Azerbaijan is struggling financially.

In announcing its decision to stop propping up the currency on December 21, the Central Bank argued that the practice had diminished foreign reserves by more than half.

Falling global energy prices have hit hard in Azerbaijan, where energy exports account for about three-quarters of state revenues. To offset the envisioned budget hit, the Central Bank changed the way it values the manat nearly a year ago. But the move away from the dollar to a dollar-euro basket in February 2015 also caused a drop in the currency.
      Feeling The Pinch

Currency devaluation always comes with the double whammy of falling spending power and rising prices, and Azerbaijan is no different.

When news of the Central Bank's decision reached the streets, people across the country rushed to shops to scoop up whatever they could before prices adjusted to the new reality.

With less money in their pockets, many people in Azerbaijan are forced to forego less essential items, but food is definitely not one of them.

As a result, the cost of many items -- such as tomatoes and grapes -- has shot up, in some cases by as much as 100 percent.

A shop owner in the capital, Baku, explained to RFE/RL's Azerbaijani Service why he had to raise his prices.

"I, too, pay rent. My landlord raised the rent. My suppliers also raised prices," Shamil Hasanov said. "What can I do? The prices for everything -- butter, rice, sugar -- all were raised, and I can no longer sell them for less."

Even small expenditures are being weighed more carefully by average Azerbaijanis.

Valikhan Karimov, a 68-year-old pensioner, explained why buying his grandson a ticket for an attraction on Baku's busy promenade requires sacrifice.

"I paid two manats for this ride, which lasted two minutes. I made those two manats selling 10 kilos of apples," he said. "I come here once a year [eds. he lives in Quba] to take my grandchild out, and this is all I can afford."Others feeling the pinch are those people who took out bank loans, paid out, of course, in manats, but calculated in dollars.

Abdul Akhundov, who works in the IT field, said he can't make a dent in paying down his loans from two banks worth some $3,000.

"I took a loan a year ago, before the devaluation. I asked the bank for a loan in manats but the gave it to me in dollars," Akhundov lamented. "No matter how much I argued with the bank at the time telling them we did not live in America so why make me take a loan in dollars it didn't make any difference."

Elnur Bayramov, who lives in Ganca, said he called his bank immediately after the manat plunged to tell them he couldn't make payments anymore.

"My loan was in the amount of $2,000 and I haven't even bothered to figure out how much I owe now with the new exchange rate," Bayramov said. "I called the bank, too, telling them to stop calling me every minute and that I will pay when I have the money and if they are not happy about it they can take me to court."

Looking For Funds To Help

Aliyev's government, criticized in the West for its abysmal human rights record, appears ready to help those hardest hit by the increasing prices.

Labor and Social Welfare Minister Salim Muslimov announced on January 6 that his ministry was working on ways to raise welfare payments, and should deliver proposals by the end of the month.

He said his ministry was monitoring prices in six regions of the country -- Baku, Sumgait, Mingachevir, Ganca, Lankaran, Tovuz, and Agsu -- and, based on those observations, his ministry would calculate how much social-welfare payouts should rise.

However, raising expenditures is something Aliyev's government is probably less than eager to do. Officials in his government now appear preoccupied with finding where and how to cut costs.

The Foreign Ministry announced on January 5 that Baku was looking to make cuts to staffing and other costs at its foreign embassies, but denied reports in the Azerbaijani press that a number of embassies in South American countries would be closed.

Meanwhile, ordinary Azerbaijanis are left to cope with the hardships amid growing disillusionment with the government.

"I worked in three different places before manat died," wrote one respondent to a questionnaire by RFE/RL's Azerbaijani Service. "I don't know in how many more places I will have to work now."

Another respondent expected the manat to continue on its downward spiral.

"Everybody knows the dollar will continue to get more expensive," the person wrote. "In this situation, you should take out bank credit in manats and then convert it into dollars and wait for the next devaluation. This way we will 'rob' the banks that usually 'rob' us."

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
        Pakistani President: Azerbaijan to buy JF-17 fighters

Sat 09 January 2016 12:58 GMT | 16:58 Local Time

President Mamnoon Hussein announced that Azerbaijan and Nigeria are interested in buying the Pakistani combat, including modernized fighters JF-17.
        "Azerbaijan and Nigeria will soon buy Pakistani production," he said while meeting the delegation of the Pakistani Chamber of Trade-Commerce and Industry, Oxu.Az reports citing Pakistani media.
        He said that Nigeria expressed intention to buy Pakistan's military production, including JF-17 aircrafts Thunder and Mashaq.
        Referring to his recent visit to Azerbaijan, the president said that he discussed ways of strengthening cooperation between the two countries in various spheres.

http://news.az/articles/politics/104178
        Azeris are more exited about the jet like a kid than Pakis themselves (intelligent ones). The J-17 engineering is a copycat from several aircraft aerodynamics so no big airflow problems or major controlability issues they had to deal with. The engines are not Paki (Russian RD-93), all of the major avionics and weapons control systems comes from the West. The aircraft performance is OK but it slow (Mach 1.5 at the best) like a Turkey.

Even Pakis not too sure about the J-17 doing its missiions it was designed for against India.....but again, Baboons don't care, like a kid they want they want mama please.
        This says alot about how they can't handle their Mig-29s and have no confidence or skills necessary so they want an easy jet. Not so fast becauseIts scary and they fall behind the power curve because things happen much faster. By the time they figure out where they must be they have already passed it. You have to able to anticipate several actions in timely matter, not climb too hard....dont want to pope their ears too hard (Baboon physiology) and can't clear them with pilot normal Technics.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Armenian army

Comment

Comment

RUSSIAN MILITARY BASE IN ARMENIA RECEIVES MODERN DRONES

14:58, 11 Jan 2016
              Siranush Ghazanchyan

Photo: Vadim Zhernov/ITAR-TASS

A new batch of domestically-made unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) has
              arrived for the Russian military base in Armenia, the press office
              of Russia's Southern Military District said on Monday, TASS reports.

"Modern domestically-made drones Takhion have entered service in the
              UAV unit of the Southern Military District's military base located
              in the Republic of Armenia," the press office said in a statement.

The Russian military personnel will learn to operate new drones within
              a month at the Kamkhud and Alagyaz high-mountainous training ranges.

The Takhion UAV is designed for army reconnaissance day and night
              at a distance of up to 40 km. The drone can mount a video, photo
              or infrared camera. The UAV has a liftoff weight of about 25 kg and
              flight duration of up to 6 hours. Takhion drones are produced at the
              Urals-based Izhmash-UAV enterprise.

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Armenian army

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                  This also raises the question would Turkey supply the Azeri with TOW missiles currently or during any future war.

They seem to be ten to the penny these days. Why can't we acquire some through the black market etc.

We forgot about two ATGMs that could be beneficial for us, without the need for US-made TOWs

One of them is the Chinese HJ-8 ''Red Arrow'', which has proven to be successful in the Syrian civil war. The HJ-8 should be easy to acquire, since we've been operating Chinese weapons.

The other one is the Iranian Toophan, which is basically a copy of the TOW by reverse engineering. The Toophan is already deployed in the South Aleppo front in Syria. Not sure if they sell it to anyone though, or if we are 'ok' with getting Iranian weapons.

Comment

Military Medical Service

Comment

Armenian army soldiers defend against a civilian riot simulated by U.S. Army soldiers from the 1st Battalion, 4th Infantry Regiment during a Kosovo Forces training exercise at the Joint Multinational Readin

Comment

Working...
                      X