Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
    Because diaspora knows their money would disappear the minute it arrives in Armenia. and people wonder why Armenia is still poor. It's easier to just blame the turks or Russians than admit we wasted the past 20 years.
    what if I told you I've been here since september 2014 and my money is multiplying in a lovely fashion as I'm typing this message?

Comment

Frontline: the Story of the Soldiers and Azeri Aggression
      2016-04-5

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
        Btw while we're offtopic can someone please explain why Monte helped overthrow the Shah during the revolution?
        The Shah was selling/giving away Iranian oil (high grade) and in short he was selling Iran to the Western countries. He was groomed by English to take over Iran. The Shah was a good man and was trying slowly to gain control of Iranian assets and oil. Too little too late. CIA ops out of US embacy with complete diplomatic immunity.
        The government was Nationalist. t was the nationalists who sold that small peace of land that connects Turkey to Nakichevan.

An Islamic Iran, as bad as they are to their people, they know history and will not except Turkish bulldust. They respect Armenians. They see us as ancient friends.

NKR and Tabriz is of big concern to Iran right now.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdikran View Post
            You dont need Iran nor any third country to be successful in anything, look to all this successful Diaspora around the world, in management, manufacturing, you just need to give the people the chance " yev garavaroutiounuh ortax tchella hedernin"
            Last year when i was driving to Stepanakerd from Yerevan i saw this huge huge empty lands on the way, (i think it was Sissian-goris) i thought why the hell they dont plant fruits vegetables here, and export, to the surrounding countries....
            Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
            Because diaspora knows their money would disappear the minute it arrives in Armenia. and people wonder why Armenia is still poor. It's easier to just blame the turks or Russians than admit we wasted the past 20 years.
            Honestly I had a long detailed response to this moronic bullsh-t, but even at twenty five years old, I'm exhausted at dealing with you people and your ignorance. Go back and take a high school economics class. And while you're at it, make sure whoever taught it to you in the first place gets fired.

And please, if you really do care about Armenia, STOP PARTICIPATING. because you are hurting Armenia more than any Turk ever could.

and mr arakeretzig, especially you, please

just stop
            Last edited by Mher; 04-30-2016, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
              Honestly I had a long detailed response to this moronic bullsh-t, but even at twenty five years old, I'm exhausted at dealing with you people and your ignorance. Go back and take a high school economics class. And while you're at it, make sure whoever taught it to you in the first place gets fired.

And please, if you really do care about Armenia, STOP PARTICIPATING. because you are hurting Armenia more than any Turk ever could.

and mr arakeretzig, especially you, please

just stop
              Mher, we are just discussing here, stop being emotional, no one is hurting Armenia, everybody here wants the best for our motherland, if there wasn't a problem, there wouldn't be an immigration, and yes i do understand that our borders are closed in 2 ways, but still there's a problem that the government can find a solution if they stop their greediness !
              When i was in Yerevan, i was curious to open a store in Yerevan (related to my business) the import tax was 34% plus 20%, and the product is not even manufactured in Armenia, so it could compete with Armenian products

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                In my opinion, while it's very great to hear these first hand accounts and I do appreciate having heard it, I think it would be a smart idea to always be cautious. A lot of this is an information war. While all of us know it's bullsh-t, but the fact remains, it's a political charade we need to play, and pretend that we don't do such things. Talking about us performing raids, and bombing doesn't look very good, specially when in reality we do have the moral high ground, and wouldn't have to resort to these things if these animals just left us alone. So perhaps in the future, it would be a smart idea to at least write it in Armenian. And I don't mean Armenian letters. Write in english letters in Armenian words, so it can't be translated either. And it's not necessarily about what you said. Just as an overall guide for everyone. It would be smart to use that in the future.
                I respectfully disagree. This information gives us a good account of the action on the front, troops standing and high morale. After everything the Azeris have done over the years coupled with the disinterest internationally, I don't think it hurts. And to confess, my Armenian is lacking.
                General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke
                  Since the off topic train is rolling, I will take the opportunity to reply.

The import tax is 10% on most items and VAT is 20%. Imported products should be more expensive so that local production won't be hindered. You got it all wrong. Or probably that's your understanding of local production vs imported products, since even cheese and mayonnaise are imported where you are.

Almost all Lebanese do not pay profit tax, salary tax, or excise tax. All of them keep 2 books and show the cooked one to the tax inspector. Or a $50 bill would solve the tax issue altogether. You guys are used to that system. When the tax inspector comes to collect taxes in Armenia, you start screaming "mafia..mafia..mafia". If you don't pay taxes, how is the government going to balance the budget? Mind you, Saudi Arabia or Iran are not the ones who are going to balance our budget or replenish the hard currency in our central bank like they do where you are.

In Lebanon, the Armenian community is brainwashed with the imaginary mafia term. When I was moving to Armenia, every Armenian in Lebanon warned me about the so-called mafia..from my barber, to the guy from whom I bought the air tickets, to my closest relatives.

One person even told me not to open a bank account, because the bank won't return my money.

Another person told me not to buy a car from a local Armenian, because before handing me the car they would change the engine and transmission with a broken one.

You know what? Now I'm in Yerevan, I own 4 apartments in the very center and rent it to tourists. I also own 15 hectares of land near the airport.

My bank automatically transferred me to the VIP section without my request, and their service is better than banking will ever be in Lebanon.

I am here since September 2014 and 10 Drams have not been stolen or lost.

The badmouth about Armenia in Lebanon is false propaganda by the three Armenian political parties, because if many Armenians from Lebanon move to Armenia, no one will end up voting for them.
                  I agree. I'm in the hospitality business on the financial side and all the hotels in Armenia are doing well and never complain about any gov't interference.I also know that FAR (Fund for Armenian Relief) by the Diocese used to be geared only towards aid but is really getting into agro-business, SME development, helping start-ups, etc. TUMO is another great example. Armenia is has a way to go but I believe the level of corruption is overblown.
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                    I agree. I'm in the hospitality business on the financial side and all the hotels in Armenia are doing well and never complain about any gov't interference.I also know that FAR (Fund for Armenian Relief) by the Diocese used to be geared only towards aid but is really getting into agro-business, SME development, helping start-ups, etc. TUMO is another great example. Armenia is has a way to go but I believe the level of corruption is overblown.
                    Badmouthing will not make Armenia great again. If Armenia is not great, we will be brought down to our knees by the Turks. I wish people would work on making a small investment. Even a $5000 bank account in drams will help. There is corruption, but it's not Somalia.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                      Badmouthing will not make Armenia great again. If Armenia is not great, we will be brought down to our knees by the Turks. I wish people would work on making a small investment. Even a $5000 bank account in drams will help. There is corruption, but it's not Somalia.
                      Lets not kid ourselves. Small businesses are not interesting anymore to the mafia. Its not the 1990s. Its the big investments they are after.

Comment

Working...
                      X