Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Azad View Post
    Once the greater powers start talking on Crimea, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Palestine, Falklands, Northern Cyprus, Western Armenia … We will consider being reasonable with what others dissected our existence. The China sea is being reshaped right now, where are the "greater power/s"?
    Crimea, Abkhazia, and South Ossetia were all backed and invaded by a Great Power. Crimea led to an international crisis and the international community placing sanctions on Russia. Palestine is a serious conflict that has drawn in the United States and regional powers like Iran. Falklands literally experienced a war between Argentina and the United Kingdom. Western Armenia is not even a disputed territory atm.

The South China Sea is being reshaped, BY CHINA, a Great Power. Almost every single one of the disputes you listed, with the exception of Northern Cyprus, has involved a Great Power. You can do better than that, cmon.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
      Once the greater powers start talking on Crimea, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Palestine, Falklands, Northern Cyprus, Western Armenia … We will consider being reasonable with what others dissected our existence. The China sea is being reshaped right now, where are the "greater power/s"?
      Notice that every single one of these ^^^ territories have been "invaded" by non-native population as in new comers. Where is their "OSCE" group/s?

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
        Western Armenia is not even a disputed territory atm. You can do better than that, cmon.
        Yes, we should do better. Start shelling into Western Armenia demanding our territories. Or we can drag it for couple generations till the azeris will be the new "Armenians".

Comment

Notice that every single one of these ^^^ territories have been "invaded" by non-native population as in new comers. Where is their "OSCE" group/s?
          Uh, Russians have been living in Crimea for hundreds of years. Abkhaz and Ossetes have been living in their respective regions for a very long time. OSCE is for open military conflicts, not strictly territorial disputes. OSCE had a presence in Abkhazia, Ossetia, and Eastern Ukraine.

Yes, we should do better. Start shelling into Western Armenia demanding our territories. Or we can drag it for couple generations till the azeris will be the new "Armenians".
          What are you even talking about? I cant tell if you are trolling or are being serious.

Comment

What are you even talking about? I cant tell if you are trolling or are being serious.
            In short, we will not handover ANY of our native territories to the turkic invaders. Apparently you think encircling Artsakh by these invaders, we will live peacefully with them and somehow we will have time to tackle Western Armenia since the Azeris will back off. Right!

Comment

Comment

^Looking good.

What role (if any) does the special police force play in counter-terrorism/defense?

Comment

Lori, a few things...

1) the conflict resolution option you presented is certainly one of the options we have and even pragmatically evaluating it I'm not convinced it's the best one at this time.

2) the great powers you speak of, assuming their input is going to be decisive in the conflict resolution, I think it's still unclear what exactly they're willing to tolerate

3) just have to say that your explicit campaigning on this thread for dashnags to rise to power in Armenia is a little odd, for lack of a better word

Don't get me wrong. Nothing personal. I'm glad you joined and I appreciate your comments.
                  Last edited by HajiHabibli; 05-26-2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Yes, those are Armenia's options. The idea that those territories will remain under Armenian control with Great Power approval is naive. Some of it is to go back, end of story. Retaining the territory would involved going to war, which would be disastrous for Armenia. Be smart, not suicidal.

I suggest you adopt a different outlook on the situation, as yours is quite archaic and bizarre. The origins of the Azerbaijanis is entirely irrelevant to the political situation, national security of states, international law, etc. It is also completely irrelevant to the geographic political boundaries of the Caucasus.

We are talking about corruption in the government because it is directly related to the dismissals of several Army commanders and a reshuffling of the command staff.
                    --- with ?great? Powers approval --- I never said that. This is what you seek. We don't need approval. We took the land.
                    --- some of it is to go back, end of story --- that's your opinion. I say no land goes back, period.
                    -- the origins of the turc (azer) is irrelevant. Again your opinion. You express world opinion which is irrelevant to us. We set the conditions, not this fraudulent world.
                    You would surround us with turcs to accommodate world opinion? Today is a direct continuation of the turc theft that started long ago. It may not set with world power desires, but they have and will continue to sell us out.
                    We set the tone and pace, we live here , not them.
                    No land returned !!! And that's the end of the story.

Comment

1) the conflict resolution option you presented is certainly one of the options we have and even pragmatically evaluating it I'm not convinced it's the best one at this time.
                      I didn't present it. Samvel did. I just expanded on it. The southern regions pose no major threat to Artsakh defenses, they are in the lowlands. Attacking from that region would be an uphill battle, and last time I checked we took those regions after an Azerbaijani retreat

2) the great powers you speak of, assuming their input is going to be decisive in the conflict resolution, I think it's still unclear what exactly they're willing to tolerate
                      I mentioned the great powers once, Azad started spewing nonsense (no offense) and stating things that were factually incorrect. Couldn't help myself, I had to correct him It was not the main point I was trying to make, and tbh its a bit of a strawman.

3) just have to say that your explicit campaigning on this thread for dashnags to rise to power in Armenia is a little odd, for lack of a better word
                      If you are suggesting that I am shilling out for ARF, then you are mistaken. I'm kinda in between ARF and Hayazn, however I only talk about supporting ARF because it is the most realistic option. If another party with a nationalist ideology presented itself, Id point in their direction instead. I could care less about the ARF itself.

Don't get me wrong. Nothing personal. I'm glad you joined and I appreciate your comments.
                      Not insulted at all, this is a discussion. And thank you, glad to be here. I joined so I could update on military procurement and get assistance with the horrid wiki article on our army.

Apparently you think encircling Artsakh by these invaders
                      If you look at the map, I said I believe we should return Aghdam and the Southern regions in exchange for peace. The rest, along with Shahumanyan, should go to Armenia.

--- with ?great? Powers approval --- I never said that. This is what you seek. We don't need approval. We took the land.
                      --- some of it is to go back, end of story --- that's your opinion. I say no land goes back, period.
                      -- the origins of the turc (azer) is irrelevant. Again your opinion. You express world opinion which is irrelevant to us. We set the conditions, not this fraudulent world.
                      You would surround us with turcs to accommodate world opinion? Today is a direct continuation of the turc theft that started long ago. It may not set with world power desires, but they have and will continue to sell us out.
                      We set the tone and pace, we live here , not them.
                      No land returned !!! And that's the end of the story.
                      Artashes, why are you so hostile? Why are you also intentionally misinterpreting my points in order to build an argument?

some of it is to go back, end of story
                      1. I couldn't care less about world opinion, and the opinion of the superpowers are not world opinion. They are not opinions either, but policy. They are the mediators of this conflict. What they say goes. If Russia says jump, the puppets in our government will purchase a plane and begin flying over Putin's head. The same goes for the baboons.

2. We could be fighting Eskimos, it doesn't matter when it comes to the peace process and geographic political boundaries. It plays no factor and is irrelevant.

3. Respected Armenian tacticians disagree with you. Perhaps you should reflect a bit on that.

4. This potential for war is a suicide pact and the unwillingness to return desolate, depopulated land only strengthens the likelihood of this pact.

Our heartland is to the West. We should settle this dispute in the interests of Artsakh as quickly as possible, and continue on to liberate our former territories from Turkish occupation.
                      Last edited by Lori; 05-26-2016, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X