Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Armenia to host satellite navigation systems’ company delegation
    16:08, 19.09.2016
    Region:World News, Armenia
    Theme: Politics

YEREVAN. – A delegation, led by the director of Belarus’ GPS/GLONASS company which manufactures satellite navigation systems, will arrive in Armenia on Monday.

During the three-day visit, the delegation will participate in the talks to be conducted at the Ministry of Defense, and in the setting up of the testing of this system.

Armenia News - NEWS.am
    news.am/eng/news/347162.html

Comment

So um anyone seen Vrej1915?
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by AstalaVist View Post
        Thanks for correcting me.

By the way the login section at the forum doesn't work. It's been 2 weeks, someone should try to fix it.
        This is awesome, because unlike the Scud the Iskander has 2 missiles on each launcher. With four launchers that's 8 missiles

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
          This is awesome, because unlike the Scud the Iskander has 2 missiles on each launcher. With four launchers that's 8 missiles
          For the first time after the NKR war the military balance is in our favour. This pretty much guarantees no war situation for short/mid period. Which is very important for improving the economy and making the country stable for invesment.

I have to say i am very impressed of how Russia didn't let us down this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            So um anyone seen Vrej1915?

I don't think that Vrej is entirely wrong. Armenia/ Russia relations are not that simple black and white. There is a thruth in both sides.
            Sending us Iskander systems after damage done, corrects lot of issues. But also leaves both, Armenia and Azerbaijan desperately dependent on Russian Arms even more (this, I can call russian whip).
            This arms race serves interests of Russia in a big way.
            I agree with you Haykakan, about out of proportion and many times untrue Russia bashing.
            But the whole essence and existence of Kharabalh conflict since start in 1920s has got a large russian footprint.
            This arms race and also our new prime minister From Russia, means Moscow is strengthening its influence over Yerevan.
            Us, begging for Russians arms, was the result of Moscow arming Azerbaijan against its closest ally in Caucasus. Armenia.
            It's like US arming Iran in order to keep that country under influence, disregarding Israel. If this did happen, Israel would loose her political and economic suvereignity in a fiew years.
            Last edited by Hakob; 09-19-2016, 08:50 AM.

Comment

For the first time after the NKR war the military balance is in our favour. This pretty much guarantees no war situation for short/mid period. Which is very important for improving the economy and making the country stable for invesment.

And I am absorbing the shock LOL

Comment

I am impressed too that after letting us down so many times, Russia has finally shown some principled approach, that her allies can count on. And I appreciate it.
                But I don't think that military balance has shifted in our favor. It has just been balanced.
                I also would warn all of us, not to overlook other factors and put our feet on table and relax.
                However impressive, iskanders have not been battle christened and have not shown their weight yet. Iskander is just a statistic so far.
                We still need immediate frontline equipment improvements. Iskander is a deterrent for the enemy and a big psichological tool as it can hit rear assets. But on the frontline it cannot be effective. And enemy still has got numbers. We have to swing situation on frontline too. Build nut just defensive, but offencive capabilities as well.
                And thanks god that most depends from our actions, not some superexpensive equipment.
                Last edited by Hakob; 09-19-2016, 09:11 AM.

Comment

General rehearsal of Independence Day parade in Yerevan. 09/18/2016

Last edited by burjuin; 09-19-2016, 09:16 AM.

Comment

General rehearsal of Independence Day parade in Yerevan. 09/18/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                      I don't think that Vrej is entirely wrong. Armenia/ Russia relations are not that simple black and white. There is a thruth in both sides.
                      Sending us Iskander systems after damage done, corrects lot of issues. But also leaves both, Armenia and Azerbaijan desperately dependent on Russian Arms even more (this, I can call russian whip).
                      This arms race serves interests of Russia in a big way.
                      I agree with you Haykakan, about out of proportion and many times untrue Russia bashing.
                      But the whole essence and existence of Kharabalh conflict since start in 1920s has got a large russian footprint.
                      This arms race and also our new prime minister From Russia, means Moscow is strengthening its influence over Yerevan.
                      Us, begging for Russians arms, was the result of Moscow arming Azerbaijan against its closest ally in Caucasus. Armenia.
                      It's like US arming Iran in order to keep that country under influence, disregarding Israel. If this did happen, Israel would loose her political and economic suvereignity in a fiew years.
                      Yes I agree with all you said. Russia is playing the same game it has played for a long time because it works for her. Russia is still our only real hope yet at the same time it is also our biggest muzzle. I was merely pointing out the fact that Vrej1915 is totally and completely one sided. As you can see when Russia does nothing or something not to Armenia's liking, he is all over this forum spewing hatred. Just look at the number of posts he has and the short amount of time it took him to generate them. Everyone of those posts is antirussian in nature yet he claims to be not antirussian. Here Russia does something to guarantee our security for FREE (money wise anyways) and not a single wimper from our loudmouth activist. This simply goes to show you what I have been saying all along that this guy is a spy with only one thing on his mind and that one thing is not destroy Armenia - Russia relations. He could not care less that Armenia just got a lot more secure, as a matter of fact he is mad as hell that it happened because of Russia. Looking at the facts and calling them out as they are is very important. One sided hate mongering plays against our national interests especially when it is against the only power which is willing and able to guarantee our security. Of course Russia does this because it is in her interest to do so and not because of some altruistic whim. That is how it should be done anyways. I only wish Armenia had the power to pursue her own interests like Russia can pursue hers but I am not delusional as I understand the differences in capabilities. There is no doubt that Armenia is under attack by foreign NGOs and government intelligence agencies who are trying to split us away from Russia more to weaken Russia then to hurt us but the effect will prove to be a huge disaster for us regardless should they succeed. Vrej1915 is just a tiny yet vivid example of this but there were many such examples in recent years. The murder of the Armenian family by the Russian soldier is surely a intelligence operation which pursued the stated goal. All the evidence (and the lack of it) in that trial points to a conspiracy which is blatently overlooked. There are many other events which very much suggest if not prove that a wedge is being forced between Armenian and Russian people by western agents. We have history to guide us and if we learn from our rich history we have yet some chance of survival as a nation but even then it is not a big chance. Anyways I made my point.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X