Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by DieHard69 View Post
    Sorry Arm nuke if I'm being completely incompetent but the reason I'm calling some of our guys morons because they might of not understood my opinion and instead they ended up challenging my opinion (though they may freely do, I can learn a few things) also read the first few words I said about the source.

"I'm not sure whether some of you would like it or not but here it is"

That was the reason why I said what I said, some of us Armenians might not like the increased military spending (even if it is necessary for our protection) because that military spending could of went on our economy or better yet to the people of Gyumri where they so dearly need, 500 million USD is a lot of money and trust me there will be those Armenians who will criticise our government for being to North korea.

Also when I say I'm a man of democracy and human development I mean it, and yes I will xxxxing hate anyone in this forum for being to hateful or discriminatory to Azeris and Turks and trust me some of the things our guys said in this forum or any other place seem slightly literal and genocidal and it feels terrible seeing that sometimes especially to our good nature, and I don't care what I said back a few forum pages ago I've learnd my mistakes, so when I say I'm and man of democracy and human development, I mean it. So now are you one or will you hate.

Sorry for long reply I was temporarily not able to post replies or anything for some reasons I sent a complaint to the forum but they have heard my call.
    You sound either naive or trolling. Also, armenia does not need humanists. Thats for the eurowussies. That wont get you anywhere with turks. Armenia needs fighters, weapons and military strategists. And if you cant see that then not much to talk about here. I suggest you read up on armenian genocide.

Comment

Artsakh and Armenia Presidents convoked a consultation with the supreme command-staff of the Defense Army

On 8 December Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan in the Stepanakert airport met President Serzh Sargsyan of the Republic of Armenia.
      In one of the military units located in the republic's central region the Presidents partook at an opening ceremony of a new barrack.
      On the same day Presidents of Artsakh and Armenia convoked a consultation in the NKR Defense ministry with the participation of the Defense Army supreme command-staff devoted to the issues of army-building and current situation on the borders.

2016-12-08

Comment

And now this!! I guess if this continues Russia will make a new "Russia Union".

ՀԱՊԿ անդամ երկրները ՀՕՊ և հակահրթիռային պաշտպանության միացյալ զորախումբ կստեղծեն
        Դեկտեմբեր 8, 2016

ՀԱՊԿ անդամ երկրները աշխատում են միացյալ ՀՕՊ և հակահրթիռային պաշտպանության զորախմբի ստեղծման ուղղությամբ։ Այս մասին այսօր՝ դեկտեմբերի 8-ին, հայտնել է ՀԱՊԿ տեղեկատվական վարչության ղեկավար Վլադիմիր Նիկիշինը, փոխանցում է «ՌԻԱ Նովոստի» գործակալությունը։

Նիկիշինի խոսքերով՝ համակարգը հիմնված է լինելու ներկայում գոյություն ունեցող տարածաշրջանային համակարգերի, մասնավորապես՝ համակարգի ձևավորումը հնարավոր է երեք երկկողմանի՝ հայ-ռուսական, ռուս-բելառուսական և ռուս-ղազախական զորախմբերի հիմքերի վրա։

Հիշեցնենք, որ 2015թ. դեկտեմբերին ստորագրվել է «ՀՀ և ՌԴ միջև Հավաքական անվտանգության կովկասյան տարածաշրջանում ՀՕՊ միավորված տարածաշրջանային համակարգ ստեղծելու մասին» համաձայնագիրը, որի նպատակը հակաօդային համատեղ պաշտպանություն իրականացնելն է: ՀՀ Ազգային ժողովը արդեն համաձայնագիրը վավերացրել է հունիսի 30-ին:

Հայաստանից բացի Ռուսաստանը նման համակարգեր է ստեղծել նաև Բելառուսի և Ղազախստանի հետ և մասնավորապես հենց այս համակարգերի ստեղծման շրջանակներում է, որ Ռուսաստանը Բելառուսին և Ղազախստանին անվճար փոխանցել է Ս-300 զենիթահրթիռային համակարգեր:

Նշենք, որ Հայաստանի և Ռուսաստանի միացյալ տարածաշրջանային ՀՕՊ համակարգի ստեղծման նպատակը պահպանության տեղամասում՝ Կովկասում, համատեղ հակաօդային պաշտպանություն ապահովելն է:

Comment

Comment

Comment

That T-72AV above is fine.

Comment

Comment

Nalbandian: Four-day military offensive in April was the culmination of longstanding policy pursued by Baku
                  Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 11:03:48 +0000

Friday, December 9 2016
                  Marianna Mkrtchyan
                  Nalbandian: Four-day military offensive in April was the culmination xof longstanding policy pursued by Baku

ArmInfo.The four-dayxmilitary offensive in April was the culmination of longstandingxpolicy pursued by Baku, Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandianxsaid in his speech delivered at the 23rd OSCE Ministerial Council inx Hamburg. x The Armenian Foreign Ministry quotes Edward Nalbandian as saying,x "The large scale military offensive of Azerbaijan againstx Nagorno-Karabakh in April was the most dangerous escalation of thex conflict since 1994 when trilateral cease-fire agreement was signedx without time limitations between Azerbaijan, Nagorno-Karabakh andx Armenia. The Azerbaijani aggression was accompanied by grossx violations of the international humanitarian law in an apparentx attempt to terrorize the people of Nagorno-Karabakh. When many OSCEx participating States have been condemning in strongest terms thex brutalities committed by DAESH, most of them could not even imaginex that the same kind of despicable crimes could be committed in thex OSCE area, by an OSCE participating State. The images of thosex atrocities, including the beheadings, were circulated in thex Azerbaijani media in a self-congratulatory manner. The perpetratorsx were publicly decorated by the authorities."

He noted that these inhumane brutalities reminded the horrors of thex past. "This year marks the 25th anniversary of the deportation of thex population of 24 Armenian villages from Nagorno-Karabakh and itsx surroundings. The deportation and massacres of Armenians in Sumgait,x Baku, Kirovabad preceded it and followed in Shahumian and Mardakertx regions of Nagorno-Karabakh. The atrocities against civilians inx April vividly demonstrated that nothing has been changed inx Azerbaijani approaches. This once again reconfirms that thex aspiration of people of Nagorno-Karabakh for self- determination wasx right then and it remains right now," he said.

"Many factors clearly demonstrate that Azerbaijan has long beforex embarked on the path of hostilities and we have been constantlyx reminding about them, including at the Ministerial Council level.x First, instead of preparing the population to peace, as the Co-Chairsx of the Minsk group have been calling for, Baku has for years fueledx anti-Armenian propaganda. The books of the renowned Azerbaijanix novelist were burnt on the streets of Baku just for speaking thex truth about Armenian massacres and calling for reconciliation. It'sx not just the books, but the bridges between the people thatx Azerbaijan has been intentionally and constantly burning. "Where theyx burn books, they will ultimately burn people". So many times thex words of German classic proved to be true. The 2016 report of thex European Commission Against Racism and Intolerance states: "Politicalx leaders, educational institutions and media have continued using hatex speech against Armenians; an entire generation of Azerbaijanis hasx now grown up listening to this hateful rhetoric. On the eve of thex Hamburg Ministerial the leadership of Azerbaijan repeated its claimx alleging that not just Nagorno- Karabakh but the territories of thex Republic of Armenia, including its capital are native Azerbaijanix lands and one day they will return there. What is this if not ax territorial claim against the neighboring OSCE participating State inx a sheer defiance to our joint commitments and values that lay in thex foundation of this Organization?

Second, the skyrocketing accumulation of heavy weaponry in grossx violation of international arms control agreements have been pointingx to Azerbaijan's inclination to the military solution. According tox the international reports in 2015 Azerbaijan was the largest importerx of major weapons in Europe.

Third, the rejection to establish confidence building measuresx proposed by the Co-Chairs, such as the mechanism for investigatingx the cease-fire violations and the expansion of the OSCE monitoringx capacities shows that Azerbaijan has been striving to limit thex international permanent presence in the conflict zone to keep itsx hands free for military operations. Here, in the OSCE, this should bex known better than elsewhere, since proposals on these CSBMs have beenx consistently blocked by Azerbaijan once they required the OSCEx consensus for allocating appropriate funds.

Fourth, in their militarist stance and bellicose rhetoric Azerbaijanix leadership has never shied away to claim that war is a viable option.x The more one goes deeply in extreme statements and uncompromisingx positions, the more one becomes hostage of own rhetoric. At the endx of the day the words can act. The threat of use of force has beenx going hand-in-hand with increasingly dangerous escalation on the linex of contact with Nagorno-Karabakh and border with Armenia through morex frequent ceasefire violations, use of heavy weaponry and incursions.x Armenia and Nagorno- Karabakh have always exerted efforts togetherx with the Co-Chairs for the exclusively peaceful settlement to thex conflict. Both Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh have always been againstx the use of force. This is the fundamental difference between thex Armenian and Azerbaijani positions. In response to the condemnationx by the Co-Chair countries of the threat or use of force thex leadership of Azerbaijan keeps claiming that the international law isx void and it is only possible to solve the issues through force. Thisx was once again repeated before Hamburg meeting. On the eve of thex OSCE Ministerial the bellicose rhetoric of Azerbaijan was accompaniedx by large scale military exercises involving 60 thousand troops,x almost entire personnel of the armed forces, more than 150 tanks, 700x rocket and artillery systems and more than 50 units of militaryx aviation, in gross violation of the OSCE Vienna document.

Fifth, the maximalist and uncompromising stance at the negotiationx table, rejection of the proposals of the Co-Chair countries even atx their final stages, like at Kazan summit in 2011, almost constantx profanation of the Co-Chairs' efforts and the attempts to dox mediation shopping in other formats have been illustrative ofx Azerbaijan's intentions to derail the negotiations and buy time tox continue its military buildup. It does not come as a surprise thatx the Co-Chairs in their public statements called on Baku to reversex this stance. It is our conviction that April aggression was so farx the culmination of Azerbaijan's destructive policy but not the end.x Baku has been carefully hiding its military casualties of Aprilx aggression in an attempt to justify huge price of its adventurism butx certainly it cannot hide the fact that together with human losses thex peace process became its casualty. The Co-Chair countries organizedx two summits with the participation of the Presidents of Armenia andx Azerbaijan in May in Vienna and in June in St. Petersburg to addressx the consequences of April aggression and create conditions conducivex for the advancement of the peace process," Minister Nalbandianx stressed.

"It is imperative to implement what was particularly emphasized andx agreed upon in the framework of these Summits on exclusively peacefulx settlement of the conflict, full adherence to the 1994-1995x trilateral ceasefire agreements, which do not have time limitations,x creation of mechanism for the investigation of ceasefire violations,x expansion of the team of the Personal Representative of the OSCEx Chairperson-in-Office," he said.

Edward Nalbandian pointed out that Armenia has agreed to proceed onx this basis. "These agreements have yet to be honored by Azerbaijan.x From the very beginning Baku refused to implement the agreement onx the investigative mechanism. As for the expansion of the capacitiesx of the PR CiO's office, Baku tries not only to curtail thex implementation of the proposal but even impede mission's currentx activities in the conflict zone in violation of its OSCE mandate andx further complicate the work of the monitors by attempting to keepx them as far from the conflict zone as possible and diminishing theirx ability of rapid reaction. Strengthening of capacities of the Officex of PR CiO does not mean mere arithmetical increase of its staff, butx rather deployment along the Line of Contact and increase of frequencyx and efficiency of its monitoring activities on the ground. When itx comes to the security of the people residing in the conflict areax there is no place for petty bargaining," he emphasized.

The Armenian minister added that the use of force against the rightx of people of Nagorno-Karabakh to self-determination created thisx conflict. "Continued threat to use force with its materialization inx April seriously undermined the peace process and heavily contributedx to the sustention of status quo. Thus, going beyond status quo firstx of all requires renouncing the threat or use of force," he said. xx

"When Azerbaijan stubbornly refuses to implement the agreementsx reached in Vienna, St.x Petersburg or elsewhere before, it underminesx not just those agreements; it damages the peace process as a whole,x since it contributes to eliminating the slightest hopes that anythingx agreed with Baku could ever be implemented. In the currentx circumstances of lack of trust and confidence the Co-Chair countriesx have to even more assertively pursue Azerbaijan to comply with itsx commitments. The implementation of the agreements in a good faith andx without preconditions may open the door for starting to rebuild thex trust - an essential prerequisite for a durable settlement - based onx three principles of international law - non use of force or threat ofx use of force, equal rights and self-determination of people,x territorial integrity, which together with the elements for conflictx resolution were consistently proposed by the Co-Chair countries as anx integrated and indivisible whole," Minister Nalbandian said.x

xhttp://www.arminfo.info/full_news.php?id=23283&lang=3#sthash.oo7uRbKB.dpuf
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia &amp; Azerbaijan

Armenian Army

Comment

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia &amp; Azerbaijan

Originally posted by DieHard69 View Post
                      Sorry Arm nuke if I'm being completely incompetent but the reason I'm calling some of our guys morons because they might of not understood my opinion and instead they ended up challenging my opinion (though they may freely do, I can learn a few things) also read the first few words I said about the source.

"I'm not sure whether some of you would like it or not but here it is"

That was the reason why I said what I said, some of us Armenians might not like the increased military spending (even if it is necessary for our protection) because that military spending could of went on our economy or better yet to the people of Gyumri where they so dearly need, 500 million USD is a lot of money and trust me there will be those Armenians who will criticise our government for being to North korea.

Also when I say I'm a man of democracy and human development I mean it, and yes I will xxxxing hate anyone in this forum for being to hateful or discriminatory to Azeris and Turks and trust me some of the things our guys said in this forum or any other place seem slightly literal and genocidal and it feels terrible seeing that sometimes especially to our good nature, and I don't care what I said back a few forum pages ago I've learnd my mistakes, so when I say I'm and man of democracy and human development, I mean it. So now are you one or will you hate.

Sorry for long reply I was temporarily not able to post replies or anything for some reasons I sent a complaint to the forum but they have heard my call.

Speak for yourself before you call anyone on here morons . You've lived in Armenia for 6 years and continue to do so , but you seem to lack the Geography of our nation . We live in such a violent area of the world . Let our past remind you of that. Not much will change in the future . We don't actually need the Democracy you ask for . Democracy is just a word with a bullcrap definition. Its not a political practice we should be practising in Armenia as it would be a disaster for our nation . We should follow examples of such countries as Switzerland and not like the US , basically accept Democracy or die . We don't like wars but again our region is a war zone . So what do we do ? Under your guidance we wouldn't have a Russian Base and we would be like Palestine . Luckily we got the Russians and we have not become like the Assyrians .
                      Anyways our Military expenditure is were it should be . Our Defence is very important and our soldiers always need to be on par with the latest arms on the market . Maybe our leadership needs new ideas to improve it's image . Ways to improve living standards, the fight against corruption which they are so deeply involved in and Job Employment . At this very moment I cannot see anyone that has the drive to do a better job then Sargsyan . I don't like Sargsyan but I prefer to not to wake up one morning and hear that our nation declared war on Turkey because of whatever reason . I prefer the status quo but at the same time the building of our nation . Elections are next year and we all know it's going to turn into a mess . I just hope we see a miracle from someone abroad. I hope we don't gain some Soros puppet like Hovannisyan who runs to the US embassy when someone unleashes some wind or someone who jumps the gun . I guess what I am seeking for is someone who loves Armenia and want's to better Armenia in all spheres but also someone who is Pro Russia , which is very important for the coming years. I see the Russian Sphere as our survival . OH btw , I am not Pro Russia or Putin , I am just a realist . Putin is a smart leader in all honesty. No one could disagree.
                      Last edited by ASALA2116; 12-09-2016, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X