Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

"Armenia's Allies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Armenia's Allies"

John, your lack of respect and consideration for our attitudes towards our "third world country" is not going to do you well here. Yes we know there are problems with Armenia and have our own members dedicated to addressing them, however, we don't make overgeneralizations, putting a bad rap on post soviet states being inherently xxxxholes and how Romania is this magical model to follow. Personally I don't know much about the statistics of Romania but have been told by a Romanian immigrant to Canada that his reason for leaving was that the locals were very violent and stupid for no reason. This is a Romanian individual's attitude that I present to you as contradicting the kind you present to us.

Also, its countryside generally lacks economic infrastructure, perhaps they've modernized a few population centers but what leads you to believe that on the whole, their society is that much more advanced than other Balkan states, or even post-soviet states? Simple EU membership, earning them positive rankings by going along with a Eurocentric doctrine of centralization of power? How are they any different, qualitatively, from Armenia aligning itself with Moscow as opposed to Brussels? How can you promise that their choice, in the longrun, is inherently more "civilized" or "advanced" just because it's not Russia oriented? In my opinion, any lack of diplomacy towards Russia on the part of Eastern Europeans is actually hubris, not based on ensuring the maximum social security for its populations but rather, seeing the issue as black and white, West oriented or Russia oriented. I have a strong sense that you too, have this black and white pair of sunglasses and I suggest you diversify the source of bias in your readings of geopolitics. This can be a hard thing to do if we mixed pride with our analysis, we Armenians have to cope with this tendancy all the time if we want to expand the scope to a competent calibur for viewing such matters with.

Comment

Let's not forget that Bucharest has a 'Heydar Aliyev park'. Like, WTF? http://www.azembassy.ro/eng/news/press_releases/020.htm
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Federate, what has that got to do with anything?

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
          Federate, what has that got to do with anything?
          Pretty simple. The topic is "Armenia's allies". We were deviating to "What the world thinks of Romanians". So to tie the knot, here is a fun fact on why Romania cannot be an ally of Armenia due to its strong links to the grandaddy baboon.

Could also explain to the Romanian agent what we think of them, given his rant.
          Last edited by Federate; 02-20-2009, 03:42 PM.
          Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Armenia has Allies???

Maybe we are talking about the Allied powers during WWI.....same ones that we saved their skin by stopping the turks advances on several fronts all by ourselves without any of their help. Sorry...they did send help, too bad it was a day late and a dollar short.

Here is an interesting article guys. Published in NY Times dated Jan 20, 1921

Add this one if it is not already there to the list of AG evidence and our dear Allies kissing Turkish boots.

Full article (which is very short and dirrect) in PDF file.
            Last edited by Eddo211; 02-20-2009, 10:56 PM.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Man that john canadian guy is way off base. Romania was one of the leading countries commiting credit card fraud. Am i the only one who remembers the Italians who were stabbed to death in italy by romanian thuggs? I got nothin against romania it actually fought the turks to and the count dracula legend Vlad the impailor) is from this conflict. John rant is just stupid especialy the way he worships the eu and westernization it is really funny. I admire romanias soccer team though.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                Then you clearly have not met all Russians. I assure you, Armenians are not as well liked as you pass it off. Nor are Armenians angels in Russia, and I can tell you stories from personal families and relatives who know what goes on.
                Not every Russian can like us, do we like every Russian? No we don't. We don't even like every Armenian on this planet? It's impossible that every single Russian likes us. But most of them have a friendly attitude towards us especially if they are also outside Russia. Than it's like old friends meeting each other.

And where did I say Armenians were angels that didn't do anything wrong. I know what's going on in Russia I've got family living there.

@John: Wasn't it a couple of years ago we were collecting money for Romanian children living on the streets in school.
                Last edited by KarotheGreat; 02-21-2009, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X