Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

"Armenia's Allies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Armenia's Allies"

I guess if you measured the rate of change in their perceptions it would appear more beneficial but Im not for twisting numbers and units to make information seem more favourable. Its the gross value that counts here.

Russians hate us for good reason? What reason is that? Our contribution of great composers? The MiG jet? Our contributions to their business and banking sector? or is it when we won them gold medals in chess as apart of the CCCP?

Thus, the poll result suggesting that only 82% of Armenians are pro-Russian is too low, a far as I'm concerned
    Now that I remember correctly, it was you who wanted Armenia to join the RF. You disgust me, I have nightmares about people like you......

You honestly don't get a laugh when you read "New Square of Russia opened in Armenia".... Personally I almost crapped my self laughing, then I just got angry about the whole idea.

without a Russian presence in the Caucasus there can be no Armenia...
    This is a myth. There is absolutely no proof of this other than extreme paranoia about the turks being ready to pounce at the first instance. Judging by alot of what I've read hear it seems to be an endemic issue in the population. This attitude serves us no good, its a toxic idea (lest I call it an emotion). Furtheremore, it won't benefit anyone but Russia to think this way.
    Last edited by truAnatolian; 11-26-2008, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Armenia is already almost "in Russia", just as Canada is, when it boils down to it, part of the USA. Having Armenia officially part of Russia would help keep western intrigues towards Armenia out. I doubt that we'd have to experience the kind of dangers posed by figures like Levon anymore if Armenia was part of Russia officially.

And without Russia, we are naked in the Caucasus, is that what you want Anatolian? You'd prefer Armenia to have the immuno-deficiency virus offered by the west? Rot us from the inside out and feed our carcass to our lovely neighbours?
      Last edited by jgk3; 11-26-2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

1.Once your in the federation theres no coming out! (i.e Chechnya)

2. Armenia is only naked in caucasus because we refuse to give up ancient armenian lands to the turks but we're more than happy to let the russians have it? Including Karbakh which we so recently lost good men and women for?

I would make peace with the turks and georgians and give up karabakh before I decided to abandon our soveigrnty and join the RF! Or else what was the point of all the fighting for independence???! We could of been 1.5 million armenians richer if independence meant nothing and we should just join RF?!

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
          Armenia is already almost "in Russia", just as Canada is, when it boils down to it, part of the USA. Having Armenia officially part of Russia would help keep western intrigues towards Armenia out. I doubt that we'd have to experience the kind of dangers posed by figures like Levon anymore if Armenia was part of Russia officially.

And without Russia, we are naked in the Caucasus, is that what you want Anatolian? You'd prefer Armenia to have the immuno-deficiency virus offered by the west? Rot us from the inside out and feed our carcass to our lovely neighbours?
          Quoted for unwanted truth.

Comment

Armenian see my post above... I dont want that to go un-noticed by you.

Comment

Originally posted by truAnatolian View Post
              1.Once your in the federation theres no coming out! (i.e Chechnya)

2. Armenia is only naked in caucasus because we refuse to give up ancient armenian lands to the turks but we're more than happy to let the russians have it? Including Karbakh which we so recently lost good men and women for?

I would make peace with the turks and georgians and give up karabakh before I decided to abandon our soveigrnty and join the RF! Or else what was the point of all the fighting for independence???! We could of been 1.5 million armenians richer if independence meant nothing and we should just join RF?!
              Over my dead body!!

Comment

You obviously no nothing of the inherent greedy, petty nature of turks who - given the chance - would gladly annex Armenia in a second. The struggle for Karabakh and the struggle for Armenia are one and the same, this is an unrefutable fact which has been proven over and over again by those within the ARF and Armenian intellectuals such as Dr. Armen Aivazyan. Please do some research before making silly comments such as these.

Comment

We have a country! After 600 f*ing years. We are commiting national suicide in the name of giving the Turks a hard time?!?!

Im sorry but if we finally have a state after all this time how are we arguing over relatively small peices of land? Do you know how many armenians lived and died without seeing an independent Armenian state. They would be turning in their graves if they knew how we were wasting the opportunity to build it. Our relatives didn't die in the genocide so we could kill all the turfight the turks for 1000 more years. They died because of the armenian cause for an independent country, which is one that we now have!
                  We succeeded, and now its our moral obligation to make the most of their sacrifices and build that small independent country to into a strong independent country. Not a russian province, not an Empire, Not Armenia + Karabakh....just a strong, independent and prosperous country where Armenians can laugh,sing, and pray.

Comment

I almost feel like changing this thread's name to truAnatolian's Allies. Oh who am I kidding, almost feel...

Lets see truAnatolian, what nation similar to ours in its history and modern geopolitical reality is strong, independent and prosperous?

I doubt you'll find one. So you preach that we should kiss western ass and magically become this?
                    Last edited by jgk3; 11-26-2008, 09:36 PM.

Comment

We have a country! After 600 f*ing years. We are commiting national suicide in the name of giving the Turks a hard time?!?!

Im sorry but if we finally have a state after all this time how are we arguing over relatively small peices of land? Do you know how many armenians lived and died without seeing an independent Armenian state. They would be turning in their graves if they knew how we were wasting the opportunity to build it. Our relatives didn't die in the genocide so we could kill all the turfight the turks for 1000 more years. They died because of the armenian cause for an independent country, which is one that we now have!
                      We succeeded, and now its our moral obligation to make the most of their sacrifices and build that small independent country to into a strong independent country. Not a russian province, not an Empire, Not Armenia + Karabakh....just a strong, independent and prosperous country where Armenians can laugh,sing, and pray.
                      Ok, lets say those people did trade their graves and we gave up our Christianity to the Turks and became Muslims. I have a feeling that everything would be way different. The Turks would be our allies along with Azerbaboons, everythings good, no? Yea, no problem thats cool. The only thing is that...hehehe...THE REST OF THE xxxxING WORLD WOULD HATE US LIKE THEY DO TURKEY!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X