Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Caucasus Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya armenian vs armenian fighting is bs. ive heard about those fights. gay. ya.

Comment

first off i met the author of your book and listened to his lecture last year when we came to my university. everything you read in th book should not be taken for face value my friend...i dont fully grasp what your trying to say through the excerp your talking about with maroukian, any smart individual would have known the situation and how fatal it would have been, how do we know attempts were not made to aid the situation, or if anything could have been done at all?

to dubb Tashnags as traitors, as the commy did in the first reply is totally childish, and for it to come from an individual who is patronising communism through his logo is hypocritic because those comy Armenians were the real traitors my friend, when they suppressed and hunted down our intellectuals, and thinkers, and who were about to liquidate Armenia to the turks and azeris if it was'nt for karekin njteh...

yes every political party has faults, i agree.. even tashnagtzootyoon, but all i hear in all these posts all over this site is tashnag this tashnag that.... i smell jealousy, hey if i dont care what you are or who u are before you bash tashnagtzootyoon ask yourself if your doing even half the things an A.Y.F youth is doing for the country, or a Hye Tad member is doing for our future and armenia? go ahead ask your self and then critisize

Comment

Originally posted by vrej yes every political party has faults, i agree.. even tashnagtzootyoon, but all i hear in all these posts all over this site is tashnag this tashnag that.... i smell jealousy, hey if i dont care what you are or who u are before you bash tashnagtzootyoon ask yourself if your doing even half the things an A.Y.F youth is doing for the country, or a Hye Tad member is doing for our future and armenia? go ahead ask your self and then critisize
        Hmm, I just asked myself, and I feel completely comfortable.

As I already said, I do not enjoy seeing a political party gaining this "holiness" where it CANNOT BE CRITICIZED. I find that to be dangerous.

By the way, you calling it jealousy further proves my point of self-segregation. You still see non-tashnags as "them" or the "other guys", right? This sense of "our youth is doing much more than THEIR youth is"...

Comment

no not nessacarily baron dantz, i would love to see the youth of other orginizations do more and i always encourage them to when i discuss issues with them be it Tashnagtzagan or not, the jelousy im talking about is jelouse due to certain individuals not being able to find the medium through wich they can act, and if that ease is not there for some individuals they don't act.

For me the medium is A.R.F.Y.O.C whose goals i belive in and were i want to work towarss those goals with every thing i can do within the boundaries of my ability.

and about critisizm.. of cuorse it can be critisized, why shouldnt it be, everyone makes mistakes its ok.. Tashnagtzootyoon has always been critisized and it still is as we can see, some accept it some dont. but when it comes to a point were it is being bashed and purpusly defaced without any credible information in some cases, that is wrong and any tashnagtzagan will stand up against that.

For its members it is a holy thing, and i don't see any thing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
            By the way, you calling it jealousy further proves my point of self-segregation. You still see non-tashnags as "them" or the "other guys", right? This sense of "our youth is doing much more than THEIR youth is"...
            I do not see the non-tashangs as "them" or "the other guys" no i see them as Armenians, and work hard to make whoever it is feel the existance of the cause and justice we are fighting for. Yes i get pissed at individuals who don't care about Armenia's rights, but when i see an Armenian, whatever or whoever it may be, that is active and at the least talks Armenian with his friends, about Armenian issues, and is worried about our country and people in and out of their lands than that indiviual is doing something and i see that individual as a true Armenian.

Comment

Originally posted by vrej I do not see the non-tashangs as "them" or "the other guys" no i see them as Armenians, and work hard to make whoever it is feel the existance of the cause and justice we are fighting for. Yes i get pissed at individuals who don't care about Armenia's rights, but when i see an Armenian, whatever or whoever it may be, that is active and at the least talks Armenian with his friends, about Armenian issues, and is worried about our country and people in and out of their lands than that indiviual is doing something and i see that individual as a true Armenian.
              Fair enough. I agree wholeheartedly. Who cares what organization they work with, as long as they do something. I still think that an effort should be put to present more joint events, and create a sort of partnership between all those different organizations.

When I went to Armenia this summer with the AGBU scouts of Montreal, we climbed Mount Arakadz with Homentmen scouts from Armenia. It was a blast. More stuff like that should be done locally. We're getting there though...

Comment

Working...
              X