Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Monte Melkonian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
    Monte had his up and downs. In the end he did something that was God given , but he also did some tavajan work for the Tashnag Party.
    What the hell are you talking about? Can you elaborate what you mean by "Monte did tavajan work for the Tashnag Party?" If anything, the creator of ASALA, Hakop Hakopian (which is not his true name but an alias) was the traitor. If you've read a single book about ASALA, you would know that almost all the members of ASALA were against him towards the end because he killed many of their comrades. He was responsible for the deaths of some patriotic Armenians in the ranks of ASALA because his main intentions was not struggling for the recognition of the Genocide, but rather enriching himself and gaining power. I know former members of ASALA who say it's a shame Hakopian is buried in Yerablur next to our heroes who were marytyred for our holy land.
    Last edited by AbuSindi; 04-19-2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuSindi View Post
      What the hell are you talking about? Can you elaborate what you mean by "Monte did tavajan work for the Tashnag Party?" If anything, the creator of ASALA, Hakop Hakopian (which is not his true name but an alias) was the traitor. If you've read a single book about ASALA, you would know that almost all the members of ASALA were against him towards the end because he killed many of their comrades. He was responsible for the deaths of some patriotic Armenians in the ranks of ASALA because his main intentions was not struggling for the recognition of the Genocide, but rather enriching himself and gaining power. I know former members of ASALA who say it's a shame Hakopian is buried in Yerablur next to our heroes who were marytyred for our holy land.
      Firstly Hagopian is not buried in Yerablur. It's a stone but there is not one single bone there from any ASALA member. Secondly his name was Mujahid his real name was Hagop Takoushian. Monte was a known CIA spy that was killed by Armenians in Karabagh. They tried to kill him a few times. Monte was militarily smart that's why he became a leader right away. His CIA skills helped him. ASALA members didn't hate Hagopian .. You don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you been speaking to that traitor Alec Yenikomshian. Sislian will never say that nor will Garabedian , nor will Julfayan. You got no information on ASALA and surely don't know the history of Monte. Hagopian wanted to keep ASALA confidential but some people were working to release classified information only to kill Havarian and Ayvazian and have many others killed. Monte did wrong and I'm sure he knows it too. In the end he became a hero , Tavit Tavitian got killed in Armenia too the other Tashnag Orospu..

Comment

If you want to talk about ASALA don't speak like you know things because it seems you are far from the truth. The reason why ASALA declared war on the Tashnag Party was because the Tashnags like Zeitlian and Aznavourian couldn't accept there slaves waking up to the truth. So they instead of helping ASALA turned against them , cursing families like Ekmejians , Tarakjians. Basmajians etc.

Comment

Firstly Hagopian is not buried in Yerablur. It's a stone but there is not one single bone there from any ASALA member. Secondly his name was Mujahid his real name was Hagop Takoushian. Monte was a known CIA spy that was killed by Armenians in Karabagh. They tried to kill him a few times. Monte was militarily smart that's why he became a leader right away. His CIA skills helped him. ASALA members didn't hate Hagopian .. You don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you been speaking to that traitor Alec Yenikomshian. Sislian will never say that nor will Garabedian , nor will Julfayan. You got no information on ASALA and surely don't know the history of Monte. Hagopian wanted to keep ASALA confidential but some people were working to release classified information only to kill Havarian and Ayvazian and have many others killed. Monte did wrong and I'm sure he knows it too. In the end he became a hero , Tavit Tavitian got killed in Armenia too the other Tashnag Orospu..
          Aper lets just agree to disagree or else this conversation will go on forever, but let me tell you one thing. What you're saying is along the lines of blasphemy. You're defaming the name and character of one our greatest heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice for our Hayrenik. You're not only calling Monte a traitous spy, but the martys and fedayis that fought alongside him as well. Don't ever repeat that BS that Monte was killed by an Armenian. EVER! I know Monte's brother Markar. He used to be my professor in college. I still speak to him occasionally. He gets offended and angry every time someone mentions that an Armenian killed him because it isn't true. Don't repeat that nonsense ever! You don't know what your speaking about. Markar even met the Turk who killed him because he was captured. A bullet never struck Monte at all. He was hit by a fragment of a shell launched from a tank. The shell hit the wall and exploded lodging a piece of metal shrapnel behind Monte's head killing him instantly. That's why some idiots claim Monte "was shot behind the head by an Armenian."

You said your piece and I said mine. Now let's just leave it at that for the sake of not taking over this thread with our arguments. If you want you can message me and I will give you my phone number or my email and we debate the facts elsewhere.

Comment

Monte was killed in action

+++RIP+++

American Armenian with roots to Iran

Not one inch of NKR is to be lost
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by AbuSindi View Post
              Aper lets just agree to disagree or else this conversation will go on forever, but let me tell you one thing. What you're saying is along the lines of blasphemy. You're defaming the name and character of one our greatest heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice for our Hayrenik. You're not only calling Monte a traitous spy, but the martys and fedayis that fought alongside him as well. Don't ever repeat that BS that Monte was killed by an Armenian. EVER! I know Monte's brother Markar. He used to be my professor in college. I still speak to him occasionally. He gets offended and angry every time someone mentions that an Armenian killed him because it isn't true. Don't repeat that nonsense ever! You don't know what your speaking about. Markar even met the Turk who killed him because he was captured. A bullet never struck Monte at all. He was hit by a fragment of a shell launched from a tank. The shell hit the wall and exploded lodging a piece of metal shrapnel behind Monte's head killing him instantly. That's why some idiots claim Monte "was shot behind the head by an Armenian."

You said your piece and I said mine. Now let's just leave it at that for the sake of not taking over this thread with our arguments. If you want you can message me and I will give you my phone number or my email and we debate the facts elsewhere.
              Is truth blasphemy ? Go ask your professor who ordered the killing of Khatchig Havarian and Vicken Ayvazian. Like I said before you are far from the events that happened back then. Just speaking to some ASALA members and talking to Markar doesn't make you a scholar in the Times of 1975 - 1984.

Comment

first of all, to all new members: There's more than one thread in this forum. Find the appropriate one for this and all other unrelated topics, if you can't find one, make one.

second of all:

ape i don't know who you are, how old you are, what you're background is, etc-so I don't want to be overly disrespectful to someone possibly older than me-bayc el arten you're talking about stuff that is above you

Repeating ludicrous unverified rumors that you heard repeated by others because they sound edgy and secretive doesn't make you look like an expert. It just makes you look foolish. In the general public you might come off like an authority on the topic saying that stuff, but in a place like this forum where pretty much everyone knows their stuff, you just sound like a fool.

Monte was a CIA agent? attempt to provide some evidence you have for this. I mean concrete proof. Because this is what I know. Mostly by mere coincidence, over the years I've met his brother, cousin/soldier, a lot of his former soldiers, wife's roommate in yerevan 90-92, random people in karabakh who met him during the war,, etc and what every single one of them has said is that you know how people are usually embellished in their greatness once they are gone? Well Monte was toned down in all the publications about him. That you couldn't really through the words of someone else encapsulate the level of single minded motivation, dedication, and focus he had for the Armenian cause. I have met people whose only interaction with him was when he put them in prison for a few days for screwing up in the fronts, and they still sang his praises. So go ahead and explain how he was a CIA agent or what are some of the wrong you think he did

Monte was killed by enemy fire. So don't start with that baseless nonsense. Out of the three or four people that were with him when he died, one of them was my close friend's uncle. His account of the event of that day resembles the account of it in his brother's book. What justification do you have, what proof do you have that he was killed by friendly fire. Because I've already heard all of them and sorry to say they all sound idiotic conspiracies.

I don't even want to bother with the ASALA stuff, but it sounds like you need to operate less on rumor and more on fact my friend. I'm sure you know people, but I know people too. The stuff you're saying just comes off ridiculous
                Last edited by Mher; 04-20-2016, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                  first of all, to all new members: There's more than one thread in this forum. Find the appropriate one for this and all other unrelated topics, if you can't find one, make one.

second of all:

ape i don't know who you are, how old you are, what you're background is, etc-so I don't want to be overly disrespectful to someone possibly older than me-bayc el arten you're talking about stuff that is above you

Repeating ludicrous unverified rumors that you heard repeated by others because they sound edgy and secretive doesn't make you look like an expert. It just makes you look foolish. In the general public you might come off like an authority on the topic saying that stuff, but in a place like this forum where pretty much everyone knows their stuff, you just sound like a fool.

Monte was a CIA agent? attempt to provide some evidence you have for this. I mean concrete proof. Because this is what I know. Mostly by mere coincidence, over the years I've met his brother, cousin/soldier, a lot of his former soldiers, wife's roommate in yerevan 90-92, random people in karabakh who met him during the war,, etc and what every single one of them has said is that you know how people are usually embellished in their greatness once they are gone? Well Monte was toned down in all the publications about him. That you couldn't really through the words of someone else encapsulate the level of single minded motivation, dedication, and focus he had for the Armenian cause. I have met people whose only interaction with him was when he put them in prison for a few days for screwing up in the fronts, and they still sang his praises. So go ahead and explain how he was a CIA agent or what are some of the wrong you think he did

Monte was killed by enemy fire. So don't start with that baseless nonsense. Out of the three or four people that were with him when he died, one of them was my close friend's uncle. His account of the event of that day resembles the account of it in his brother's book. What justification do you have, what proof do you have that he was killed by friend fire. Because I've already heard all of them and sorry to say they all sound idiotic conspiracies.

I don't even want to bother with the ASALA stuff, but it sounds like you need to operate less on rumor and more on fact my friend. I'm sure you know people, but I know people too. The stuff you're saying just comes off ridiculous
                  Mher jan I've been following this thread for a while and it's only recently that I started participating but you always make educated, impartial, and well though out posts. I always enjoy hearing your view on things. I wish many people approach issues like you. I myself, try to question everything I'm told or have read, in my best efforts to think critically. However, I don't repeat heresay and conspiracies. Bravo to you brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post

second of all:

Monte was killed by enemy fire. So don't start with that baseless nonsense. Out of the three or four people that were with him when he died, one of them was my close friend's uncle. His account of the event of that day resembles the account of it in his brother's book. What justification do you have, what proof do you have that he was killed by friend fire. Because I've already heard all of them and sorry to say they all sound idiotic conspiracies.

Another guy that blabbers garbage. See the thing is you didn't know Montes past before he came to Karabagh. Your understanding of him starts at 1991. I understand you guys love him his a hero to you all whatever , but when someone lets you know in some info that is true , don't be a denialist. The CIA name given to Monte was because when he arrived to Lebanon and fought in some battles in Arakadz he held a gun differently then other Armenians, he read Maps and understood the art of war he was a professional soldier and everyone around him knew it , but truthfully he wasn't trustworthy as the suspicions were always there. I'm not going to write an essay but at his hands I lost a member of my family who was one of the leaders of ASALA. We all know he had large involvement and in the end think what you want how he died. An oath was made that blood will pay blood. You guys don't know any of the things that happened before Karabagh so if I was you , I would zip my mouth in all honesty, no disrespect. This is the last time speaking about him. My interest is Armenia.

Comment

Another guy that blabbers garbage. See the thing is you didn't know Montes past before he came to Karabagh. Your understanding of him starts at 1991. I understand you guys love him his a hero to you all whatever , but when someone lets you know in some info that is true , don't be a denialist. The CIA name given to Monte was because when he arrived to Lebanon and fought in some battles in Arakadz he held a gun differently then other Armenians, he read Maps and understood the art of war he was a professional soldier and everyone around him knew it , but truthfully he wasn't trustworthy as the suspicions were always there. I'm not going to write an essay but at his hands I lost a member of my family who was one of the leaders of ASALA. We all know he had large involvement and in the end think what you want how he died. An oath was made that blood will pay blood. You guys don't know any of the things that happened before Karabagh so if I was you , I would zip my mouth in all honesty, no disrespect. This is the last time speaking about him. My interest is Armenia.
                      It's too easy for you to say that we don't know xxxx while you haven't said anything that is close to reality. Yeah you heard those rumors from your family and co, but like Mher perfectly said that isnt enough proof at all. Saying that you know way more while proving nothing is complete bs. You could be right, maybe he isnt who we think he is, but while some others here have real sources you have give noone other than your family. I'm not against you, I just want to see serieus sources.

Comment

Working...
                      X