Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by gkv View Post
    i guess you do not realize how much your way of thinking as evidenced by the above sentence is shaped by materialistic thought (which can be traced back to the likes of marx, durkheim...). and this is true of a number of people here.
    Do tell... What exactly do you define as "materialistic thought". I'm intrigued by your labels.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

sorry for the labels. i mean a blend of positivism, philosophical materialism... ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism ) which is very prevalent nowadays, a blend upon which modern sociology is based. the ideas cooked up around that time have made their way through education/popular culture... and altered people's worldviews in a profound manner. so you find people critical of superfical aspects of "western" society that are "westernized" on a different/deeper level (without them being conscious of that fact of course)
      (this is just meant as an observation, nothing mean!)

Comment

Originally posted by gkv View Post
        sorry for the labels. i mean a blend of positivism, philosophical materialism... ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism ) which is very prevalent nowadays, a blend upon which modern sociology is based. the ideas cooked up around that time have made their way through education/popular culture... and altered people's worldviews in a profound manner. so you find people critical of superfical aspects of "western" society that are "westernized" on a different/deeper level (without them being conscious of that fact of course)
        (this is just meant as an observation, nothing mean!)
        I define materialism as putting inanimate objects before human life (like how most people spend more on their car than a proper education for their children). Thinking of the world in terms of substance (something that you can explore with all of your senses) doesn't strike me as being materialistic.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I define insightful as being off-topic.
          This discussion (which i myself initiated) strikes me as being insightful.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
            With Levon's definition of women, I feel so evil now it's like I owe you guys a big big apology.. khghji khayt unem hima.
            I don't see why you feel evil. You don't represent the female gender, and you haven't had an influence on how women act.

But it hasn't been always like that. It's just that in the current political/social atmosphere, everything has swung to the other 'extreme'... it is somehow true.
            I don't think so. It's always been like that, it just that the current political atmosphere has made it more apparent for those who don't want to indulge in ignorance. There is no "other extreme". Don't forget, those who benefited most (if not entirely) from the feminist movement were middle-class women, who were already much more privileged than lower class men and women. Studies show that the gap between lower-class and middle-class women as increased with the progression of feminism.

Women have always been opportunists, they have simply expressed it in different ways. Ever wonder why a traditional man is taught to never hit a girl, protect all women and sacrifice himself in their name? From a logical point of view, it doesn't make sense at all, but mothers have been feeding it to their sons since dawn of civilization. Was family created by man to make sure his children were really his, or was it created by woman so she had better control of the man in his life? Whatever the case, a traditional woman expects her man to work for her and sacrifice his life for her. In essence, she considers him her servant, but at the same time respects him as a husband. It was better when these ideas were buried behind cultural barriers, as the situation was acceptable for both parties. However, feminism has exposed this fact, perhaps on purpose, as the destruction of the traditional family was/is one of the most important goals of feminists.

All these behavioural anomalies may be explained by one word: narcissism. With 'some' of your posts here, I must admit you have been deconstructing beautifully the hard-core feminist ideology.
            Narcissism on part of women, and idiocy on part of men is what happened. Girls are raised to believe they are deserving, privileged princesses and men, still stuck in old-school courting practices spare no expense at further spoiling them.

If a woman believes she deserves attention, she accepts it from a man she has no intention of dating. In fact, many women often times believe that they are doing the man a favor by letting him serve her. After all, in her mind she is a princess and letting him serve her makes him happy. The man, unaware of all this, keeps doing more and more for the woman, thinking she's just playing hard to get, when in reality, she's feels he is somehow below him, as she is a princess and he is a servant. She will most likely never take an interest in him, as women usually don't like to go for someone they perceive as lower than themselves.
            This is why nice guys never get the girl.

If a girl is raised with traditional standards, she would never accept courting from a man she had no interest in, but by accepting gifts and favors, she unknowingly gives a nod of acceptance to the man, who continues the behavior with no success.

Many times, this happens as a matter of fact, with no ill-intent on part of the woman. She is an opportunist, and he is ignorant. Mixed together, you get a princess and servant.

But again you constantly generalize so much and put all women in the one 'popular' basket... I don't like that.
            Generalizations make it easier to provide conclusions. It wouldn't make much sense to always include the exceptions. These are implied as no generalization is perfect. And just because many women fit into these generalizations, doesn't mean they should apply to you, so I don't see why you'd get offended.

I'm sure you've also noticed that I generalize most men as being idiots when it comes to women. Why don't you "don't like that"?
            Last edited by levon; 04-06-2011, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Levon, please comment on this.
              For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
              to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

first of all princesses are to be found in greater numbers in some cultures (armenian, chinese...) but distinctions have to be made. even among the subgroups. a tehran-based armenian princess will not exhibit the same behaviour as a glendale-based one, far from it.

it must be said that the range of idiots is quite wide as well. they are quality idiots, "AOC" idiots ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appella...%C3%B4l%C3%A9e ) and cheap idiots, both interesting and uninteresting ones.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post

If a woman believes she deserves attention, she accepts it from a man she has no intention of dating. In fact, many women often times believe that they are doing the man a favor by letting him serve her. After all, in her mind she is a princess and letting him serve her makes him happy. The man, unaware of all this, keeps doing more and more for the woman, thinking she's just playing hard to get, when in reality, she's feels he is somehow below him, as she is a princess and he is a servant. She will most likely never take an interest in him, as women usually don't like to go for someone they perceive as lower than themselves.
                  This is why nice guys never get the girl.
                  I have a theory why nice guys or intelligent guys don't get the girl. Women have for centuries been used to convert men (in modern days, you'd call it taming the wild guy) but in the past it's been cultural and religious conversions. As the world would be chaos without order, the modern woman is used to put the "wild" man in order (or at least keep him occupied). Nice guys and intelligent guys are already orderly, since they obey the rules of law. This has also been fed to women through TV (the tool used to influence the thought process and program the weak minded... which by no means is directed at women only). The most common man you'll see depicted in TV and Movies is the typical "jerk" or the man portraying "risky behaviour" that women fall for as those are the types most likely to threaten government and attempt to overthrow the elite.

You'll hear (and see) how Persian women in the west will reject other Persian men even though the men are educated and successful. The same goes with every ethnic community in the west because there is nothing to change or tame in the man from her own culture so the woman doesn't see interest in him.

Ever notice that most married men in the West aren't really attractive and are the barbaric types that peaked in high school? This is Western culture at work... it's how they've controlled the population for ages. However, in order to change the mentality of other cultures, it's done through TV and the immigrant girl is more likely to watch TV than the native Western girl since most Eastern cultures shelter their daughters to protect them.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    the immigrant girl is more likely to watch TV than the native Western girl since most Eastern cultures shelter their daughters to protect them.
                    or spend time on facebook-macebook / myspace-piespace...
                    a good thing some parents still know how to rein in their offsprings.

Comment

Notice how the girl in the above video is indeed going after the "gangsta" type.

Comment

Working...
                      X