Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• londontsi
    replied
    Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    That is fantastic! Good luck to her.
    Thanks !!

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
    I am sad I am too old for such things.

However when my daughter found out about this project http://www.birthrightarmenia.org/en/ she left a very good job to be able to participate.

When she came back she couldn't stop talking about it.

She will be visiting Armenia for the third time also with friends she made through this project.

That is fantastic! Good luck to her.

Leave a comment:

• londontsi
    replied

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    Birthright is something else, you should definitely look into it. The experience you get you can never get as a visitor unless you decide to live there for a long long period. I'd been there three times before I did Birthright, but in all those three times I didn't experience 10% of what I got out of Birthright. moreover you make connections with people there in business, education, govt that make you feel like a local even when you leave and want to come back some day.

They basically pay for your flight, housing, a lot of trips and events there, in exchange for you to volunteer for four months in the country. You can do it for two months for 50% of flight, and 100% of other costs paid.

The internship is in professional fields of choice. They get you just about anything, much better than most things you can land here. I had a pre-med friend who was in the operation room everyday alongside surgeons, something you could never do here.

For the housing they put you with a family there and you live with them. The families are great and have been doing it for years. You basically become a member of the family

Then there's weekly excursions to just about every place in the country, including places most locals hadn't even been. Then there's access to restricted sites that you would otherwise never get to see: including Artsakh front lines, Turkish-Armenian militarized border at the very edge-a few km beyond civilian access.

then there's weekly key note speakers, and meetings with govt officials. We met a bunch of important CEO's, veteran groups, and government officials including president of Artsakh and the Defense Minister

And there's a bunch of other stuff like going to game matches, parades, etc.

Honestly every single person that I have met had a positive experience, and most say it was the best decision of their life to do it.

I am sad I am too old for such things.

However when my daughter found out about this project http://www.birthrightarmenia.org/en/ she left a very good job to be able to participate.

When she came back she couldn't stop talking about it.

She will be visiting Armenia for the third time also with friends she made through this project.

Leave a comment:

• Shant03
    replied

Birthright is something else, you should definitely look into it. The experience you get you can never get as a visitor unless you decide to live there for a long long period. I'd been there three times before I did Birthright, but in all those three times I didn't experience 10% of what I got out of Birthright. moreover you make connections with people there in business, education, govt that make you feel like a local even when you leave and want to come back some day.

They basically pay for your flight, housing, a lot of trips and events there, in exchange for you to volunteer for four months in the country. You can do it for two months for 50% of flight, and 100% of other costs paid.

The internship is in professional fields of choice. They get you just about anything, much better than most things you can land here. I had a pre-med friend who was in the operation room everyday alongside surgeons, something you could never do here.

For the housing they put you with a family there and you live with them. The families are great and have been doing it for years. You basically become a member of the family

Then there's weekly excursions to just about every place in the country, including places most locals hadn't even been. Then there's access to restricted sites that you would otherwise never get to see: including Artsakh front lines, Turkish-Armenian militarized border at the very edge-a few km beyond civilian access.

then there's weekly key note speakers, and meetings with govt officials. We met a bunch of important CEO's, veteran groups, and government officials including president of Artsakh and the Defense Minister

Honestly every single person that I have met had a positive experience, and most say it was the best decision of their life to do it.
    Sounds amazing, I hope I can find the time one day. Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

Birthright is exactly what I have been championing for many years. It makes hope about our future possible. I have seen young people who participated in similar programs and they all were very eager to return to Hayastan and to continue having a relationship with her. This is a part of nationbuilding and bringing our people togather.

Leave a comment:

• Mher
    replied

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
    By the way tell me about this Birthright trip, i've vaguely heard about it on facebook from a few contacts I have but don't know much about it.

Leave a comment:

• Mher
    replied

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
    Dude!!! We're on the same flight! I'll buy us a round! I can't believe it's not at Hrazdan... even some websites are confused.Tell me about it.. last time it was Malta, this time it was Albania.
    lol no way man? From Los Angeles through Russia? that's awesome. lol Moscow should be fun with an American passport with the current animosity

Yeah I've seen that too, but I'm almost certain its in Sargsyan, I hope I'm wrong though

I am glad you guys are going to Hayastan. I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.
    Thank you man, teghet dadark

Leave a comment:

• Shant03
    replied

By the way tell me about this Birthright trip, i've vaguely heard about it on facebook from a few contacts I have but don't know much about it.

Thank you, hoysov next time you can join us!

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shant03
    replied

yepp, the 2011-12 team's success, specially Yuras, began making the team an appealing option for future Diasporans. But I must say even Yura was originally seeking to play for the US national team, and only once that didn't work out he opted for Armenia. Same would go for Aras and Andonian, who would be on Holland's and France's team if they had been given the option. But we'll take it, you can't expect too much from athletes. its embarrassing but most of our national team don't even sing the national anthem at the start of games.

I'll be at the game on the 13th too! haha I land in Yerevan on the night of 12th, hopefully we'll meet there, I'll be with the Birthright group, maybe you know people from there. This campaign has been too painful to discuss or even think about, but I'm just hoping for a few good results, to create momentum, and improve the seeding going into the World Cup qualification that starts next year.

Btw the game is in Republican Stadium, and not Hrazdan which makes no sense to me. I guess they thought with the string of bad results for the past year enough people won't be motivated to show up, and the 50,000 stadium will look empty.

Dude!!! We're on the same flight! I'll buy us a round! I can't believe it's not at Hrazdan... even some websites are confused.Tell me about it.. last time it was Malta, this time it was Albania.

Buy Armenia vs Portugal tickets at Sports Events 365. Our attractive prices and 100% Delivery Guarantee will ensure your full satisfaction and peace of mind Sat, 13 Jun 2015

Eventful is an online calendar & events discovery service, offering tour dates & tickets for concerts, festivals, movies, performing arts, sports & more.
    Last edited by Shant03; 06-03-2015, 08:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X