Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia remains bearer of European values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenia remains bearer of European values

Though our current government has many issues to work on like corruption, democracy, etc. One thing that it's doing right is accelerating EU integration and bring Armenia closer to EU standards. EU is where our future lies, not backwards Russia.

Armenia remains bearer of European values, Nalbandian says

October 21, 2010 | 14:31

Armenia-Europe relations are as old as ancient are the European states and Armenia itself, Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian said.

Speaking at the closing ceremony of three-day Forum for the Future of Democracy organized by the Council of Europe, he noted that Armenia’s European integration is not artificial as the country does not have to get used to alien values. “Armenia was and remains bearer of the European values,” he stated. Nalbandian stressed that Armenia has been going forward by means of democratic reforms for recent 20 years, adding it will continue in future as well. According to him, it would be naïve to assert that the Yerevan forum will give answers to all questions. “There are many threats on the way of democratization. However, overcoming of these obstacles and efficiency of Council of Europe’s activities fully depends on us,” he added.

In his turn Secretary General of the Council of Europe Thorbjorn Jagland noted that democracy is racial, national and religious tolerance. Globalization process goes in parallel with ethnisication, it is the main challenge for democratic processes in the modern world, Jagland said.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Re: Armenia remains bearer of European values

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    Though our current government has many issues to work on like corruption, democracy, etc. One thing that it's doing right is accelerating EU integration and bring Armenia closer to EU standards. EU is where our future lies, not backwards Russia.
    Are you starting with this BS? What has the EU done for Armenia till now? Why should Armenia chose their side? You are again looking at things black and white. Russia is the greatest power in the region, what you are talking about it's suicide for Armenia as a state. Thank god you aren't the one taking decisions in Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      Are you starting with this BS? What has the EU done for Armenia till now? Why should Armenia chose their side? You are again looking at things black and white. Russia is the greatest power in the region, what you are talking about it's suicide for Armenia as a state. Thank god you aren't the one taking decisions in Armenia.
      F#ck the EU. The only thing the Europeans have shown is that they'll have no problem throwing Armenia to the dogs if it fits their interests.

Comment

Have I ever said for us to ruin relations with Russia? No. I'm not Saakashvili. First of all, EU is a great economic partner to Armenia, and I can attest to this fully. Second, politically you think we should integrate with Russia? that's crazy, you want to become the second Belarus?? Russia in terms of democracy and human rights is rather terrible, with criminal Putin controlling everything. EU integration is best path, and it's the path Armenia has chosen since independence. Third, you have to understand that Russia is playing Armenia and Azerbaijan just so they can have control in the S. Caucasus. they would sell us in a heartbeat to the turks and azeris if they knew it would benefit them.

I'm not making the decisions now, but in the future there's a very good chance I will be working in the government at a high position, as my uncle is in the parliament and is close friends with Serzh and Tigran, and my other uncle has close ties, and they've talked about this for me in the future.

F#ck the EU. The only thing the Europeans have shown is that they'll have no problem throwing Armenia to the dogs if it fits their interests.
        really naive thinking there, Russians have screwed us plenty, and will be in the future to screw us more if it benefits them. Armenia is a pawn among the big powers, unlike Russia and US, EU has notable pro-armenian, and anti-turkish elements, and is least likely to sell Armenia, as it has the most sensible people in government out of the other countries.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
          Have I ever said for us to ruin relations with Russia? No. I'm not Saakashvili. First of all, EU is a great economic partner to Armenia, and I can attest to this fully. Second, politically you think we should integrate with Russia? that's crazy, you want to become the second Belarus?? Russia in terms of democracy and human rights is rather terrible, with criminal Putin controlling everything. EU integration is best path, and it's the path Armenia has chosen since independence. Third, you have to understand that Russia is playing Armenia and Azerbaijan just so they can have control in the S. Caucasus. they would sell us in a heartbeat to the turks and azeris if they knew it would benefit them.

I'm not making the decisions now, but in the future there's a very good chance I will be working in the government at a high position, as my uncle is in the parliament and is close friends with Serzh and Tigran, and my other uncle has close ties, and they've talked about this for me in the future.
          If you were that close to the government you wouldn't be living in Austria right now. And remember it's the internet everyone is a millionaire here, so you aren't impressing anyone.

First you don't understand how the economy of the EU works or how the countries there actually work. The only thing the EU can do now is stay alive. The crisis has broken the back of the EU. It can spiral in to a huge economic crisis each moment and with the political instability in many of it's member states the question is what the future of the EU will be.

really naive thinking there, Russians have screwed us plenty, and will be in the future to screw us more if it benefits them. Armenia is a pawn among the big powers, unlike Russia and US, EU has notable pro-armenian, and anti-turkish elements, and is least likely to sell Armenia, as it has the most sensible people in government out of the other countries.
          Where are those pro-Armenian people? I've never heard of them and I've heard a lot of European officials speak, one of the perks of studying in Brussels. But what I've seen is pro-Armenian Russian (son of diplomat) and let me tell you that he and the rest of the Russians are the pro-Armenians and not the Europeans. It seems that you live in a dream world where you think that the EU is some kind of heaven and Armenia should get a piece of it.

Comment

If you were that close to the government you wouldn't be living in Austria right now. And remember it's the internet everyone is a millionaire here, so you aren't impressing anyone.
            Actually I'm in Armenia every year for a good portion of the year. And the fact remains that my relatives are close with the government. I'm not making things up.

First you don't understand how the economy of the EU works or how the countries there actually work. The only thing the EU can do now is stay alive. The crisis has broken the back of the EU. It can spiral in to a huge economic crisis each moment and with the political instability in many of it's member states the question is what the future of the EU will be.
            Remember our cooperation with EU is not on a membership level. Secondly, when referring to "EU" I'm also referring to the Europe entity as well. So even with out the formal EU, maintaining good relations with important European nations. Third, all major countries have been affected by the economy, look at Russia, their economic state is terrible at the moment, so no one is flourishing at this moment, including EU.

Where are those pro-Armenian people? I've never heard of them and I've heard a lot of European officials speak, one of the perks of studying in Brussels. But what I've seen is pro-Armenian Russian (son of diplomat) and let me tell you that he and the rest of the Russians are the pro-Armenians and not the Europeans. It seems that you live in a dream world where you think that the EU is some kind of heaven and Armenia should get a piece of it.
            I would point you to France and Switzerland as having many pro-Armenian elements. Many EU countries have recognized the genocide, and there's a good amount of cultural recognition and respect. Italy also has pro-Armenian elements. Right now in EU there's a big anti-Turkish feeling among the people, and this always benefits us.

No place is a heaven. It's just EU is our best option right now, and the best thing for the future. We should maintain good relations with partner nations, but have our priorities with EU. You also have the new generation of Armenians much more western, european, and thus more pro EU (I can attest to this). So right now with the old post-Soviet oligarchs in government, soon enough as the new generation takes over, more quickly will this transition be made.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---

Comment

Greece has entered the EU and you can clearly see the results when the whole country went bankrupt.

Comment

Relax people,we should play with all our partners having more friends it means more independence from other friends,for Armenia it can be only beneficial to be close to europe and we should not forget our neighbours and other,like arab nations east and so on.
                We should work with all dont forget e got armenia in all of this regions and that will boost our trade/tourism.
                We got only one enemy in this world and they are called Turks.

Comment

Armenia can use EU standards to improve the rule of law, implement good business practises etc, but politically the EU has been anti-Armenian. If some in the EU are against Turkey joining the EU that means little. What if they recognize the genocide (but don't speak of compensation)? The EU's policy on Karabakh is to isolate it, and bring it under Azerbaijan's control. The EU top command has a different policy on Turkish-occupied North Cyprus (in spite of opposition from the Cyprus government and Greece). The EU and NATO want to bring gas from Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan and Iran into the EU via Turkey. The Nabucco pipeline. Armenia is of no interest to them

We got only one enemy in this world and they are called Turks.
                  The No#1 enemy of Armenians is said to be Armenians themselves. The big problem in the Ottoman empire and the Russian empire was that Armenians did not trust one another. Many trusted the foreign authorities more than other Armenians

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post

The No#1 enemy of Armenians is said to be Armenians themselves. The big problem in the Ottoman empire and the Russian empire was that Armenians did not trust one another. Many trusted the foreign authorities more than other Armenians
                    No its not like that you refer into a period of time very different from todays,
                    those times the first republic had something less than one million population which in the past many of them were isolated one from another,Turkic rule,Russian Empire,Persia.
                    So we got those different groups with different past and one common goal liberation.
                    In times when none of them lived a democracy and they had real threats of foreign rule of monarchy or the Stalin followers which as we saw they betray Armenia and bring it to the current situation(Ararat to Turks/Naxichevan Artsax independent oblast with final destination into hand of Azeri rule.)

Comment

Working...
                    X