Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia remains bearer of European values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia remains bearer of European values

Originally posted by lampron View Post
    Armenia can use EU standards to improve the rule of law, implement good business practises etc, but politically the EU has been anti-Armenian. If some in the EU are against Turkey joining the EU that means little. What if they recognize the genocide (but don't speak of compensation)? The EU's policy on Karabakh is to isolate it, and bring it under Azerbaijan's control. The EU top command has a different policy on Turkish-occupied North Cyprus (in spite of opposition from the Cyprus government and Greece). The EU and NATO want to bring gas from Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan and Iran into the EU via Turkey. The Nabucco pipeline. Armenia is of no interest to them
    No you're delusional. EU is not anti-Armenian. And yes most countries have recognized the genocide are from EU, and compensations are really inconceivable even Armenian government has recognized that.

Secondy, EU's stance on Karabakh is very balanced and falls in line with the stance by Russia and the US.

Third, Azerbaijan and Turkey have pushed for isolating Armenia, and since they are major players in the project there's little EU can say. Though Eu and US officials have stated their concerns for excluding Armenia.

The No#1 enemy of Armenians is said to be Armenians themselves. The big problem in the Ottoman empire and the Russian empire was that Armenians did not trust one another. Many trusted the foreign authorities more than other Armenians
    right, you're telling me I should trust people like Serzh and Dodi Gago? All they care about is themselves and their money, not armenians.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      No you're delusional. EU is not anti-Armenian. And yes most countries have recognized the genocide are from EU, and compensations are really inconceivable even Armenian government has recognized that.

Secondy, EU's stance on Karabakh is very balanced and falls in line with the stance by Russia and the US.

only based on facts!

Elections in Karabakh have been condemned by the EU, the same ones who are ecstatic each time elections are held in North Cyprus (where half the population are illegal settlers) or Kosovo. The EU has no time for democracy if it doesn't meet its strategic policy aims

Actually genocide recognition started in South America - Uruguay, Argentina before (and after a lot of campaigning) countries like France started to recognize

Human rights campaigners and the 1948 UN universal declaration on human rights belong to the whole world. Western countries cannot always be trusted to uphold human rights. They were totally inactive, as we know, when 800,000 people were massacred in Rwanda

Armenia is pro-European, yes! I wish I could say the EU was pro Armenia!

Comment

Don`t know how you define "pro Armenia" but the EU-parliament recognized the Armenian Genocide in 1987. As for the compensation issue - I believe it will be difficult and I agree with Mos on this one.

Someone mentioned how Greece has failed since joining the EU in 1981; you can`t blame EU for everything. Corruption is like cancer in Greece and it has been so way back before Greece joined the EU. But I would argue that things would have been worse if Greece didn`t join the EU at all. At least now, things comes up to the surface because of all the spotlights that has been focused on Greece. There are people from the EU and IMF coming continuously to Greece to check our "books". The EU has tightened up the rules for Euro countries. It will not be that easy in the future to cook the books so to speak. And had Greece not been a member of the EU, we would not been able to use the veto-card against Turkey or seek money from EU-funds to co-fund the building of new roads, bridges, hospitals...etc. We live in difficult times and although Greece`s politicians have a lot to be blamed for, we should not forget the sharks on Wall street had a hand in this too.

Wall St. Helped to Mask Debt Fueling Europe’s Crisis

---

And one more thing, I would love to see Armenia join the EU in the future. The EU is developing more and more to a "United States of Europe" which means we will become more powerful in the future. The faster you join this train, the better!
        Last edited by Alexandros; 10-25-2010, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
          Don`t know how you define "pro Armenia" but the EU-parliament recognized the Armenian Genocide in 1987. As for the compensation issue - I believe it will be difficult and I agree with Mos on this one.

Someone mentioned how Greece has failed since joining the EU in 1981; you can`t blame EU for everything. Corruption is like cancer in Greece and it has been so way back before Greece joined the EU. But I would argue that things would have been worse if Greece didn`t join the EU at all. At least now, things comes up to the surface because of all the spotlights that has been focused on Greece. There are people from the EU and IMF coming continuously to Greece to check our "books". The EU has tightened up the rules for Euro countries. It will not be that easy in the future to cook the books so to speak. And had Greece not been a member of the EU, we would not been able to use the veto-card against Turkey or seek money from EU-funds to co-fund the building of new roads, bridges, hospitals...etc. We live in difficult times and although Greece`s politicians have a lot to be blamed for, we should not forget the sharks on Wall street had a hand in this too.

Wall St. Helped to Mask Debt Fueling Europe’s Crisis

---

And one more thing, I would love to see Armenia join the EU in the future. The EU is developing more and more to a "United States of Europe" which means we will become more powerful in the future. The faster you join this train, the better!

After 600 years we get our independence back we now must bow down to the EU and Brussels? No thanks, I want a strong and independent Armenia. And the EU right now is too big and can't grow for the next decade or it will implode. Eastern Europe shouldn't have joined at the first place and now with more poor and "corrupt" countries joining the EU will turn in too a true bureaucratic monster that will get nothing done and will implode after a while.

Comment

What does this mean in practice today? None of Commissioners have said Turkey should recognize the genocide before joining the EU. No Commissioner has said Turkey must end the blockade before joining

We haven't mentioned compensation yet!

Let's all celebrate one more time the resolution in 1987 that most of the EU media ignored at the time! never mind that the EU has been silent while Armenia has been blockaded from both sides

The EU strategic objective is to reduce Russia's influence while gaining access to its resources. For the moment the EU has offered the 'neighborhood' scheme in the hope that Armenia will slowly reduce its ties with Russia. I think most Armenians are not impressed

Comment

Not forgetting Turkish military aircraft regularly violate Greek airspace. I saw one such incident at the Greek island of Kos. Turkish warplanes flew low over Kos airport creating a terrifying noise, as if diving to bomb. Frightened Greek airport officials said this was 'psychological war'. Greek membership of the EU, NATO has made no difference.

No Turkish aircraft have violated Armenia's airspace as far as I know. If EU membership ever arrives, I hope free daily Turkish military overflights will not be included in the package!

Comment

EU serves the interests of the USA and Zionists. Armenia should only trade with them, plus cooperation on many levels, military, humanitarian etc. But joining EU, Armenia will be the pawn of bureaucracy and not to mention ruin our relationship with Russia, which let's face it is valuable.
                Not all European countries should join EU. Armenia in EU is a BAD idea. Why do you think countries like Norway didn't join? because they know they'd get their oil money sucked to oblivion.
                Armenia and Russia, brothers forever!

Comment

Well most of people dont know the fact that in case of war between Turkey-Greece the European Union cant do nothing in best they will send diplomats and have embargo.

Comment

actually the Turkish public is pretty anti-EU and anti-West all together. It's the government that's really pro-West. The "Turkish invasion" sentiment is still present in the minds of many Europeans. Plus, Turkey is now making a foreign policy shift and strengthening its relations with the middle east and especially Russia. This should be a clear red flag for us. In all, I see EU has the country least likely to sell us. I will trust the EU political officials over Putin any-day...
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                      actually the Turkish public is pretty anti-EU and anti-West all together. It's the government that's really pro-West. The "Turkish invasion" sentiment is still present in the minds of many Europeans. Plus, Turkey is now making a foreign policy shift and strengthening its relations with the middle east and especially Russia. This should be a clear red flag for us. In all, I see EU has the country least likely to sell us. I will trust the EU political officials over Putin any-day...
                      The EU has many differences it needs to settle within its own borders. It is financially tied together but culturally its a ticking time bomb. Culturally, Europeans have lost their traditions whereas Armenia should strive to promote the culture and tradition that made our people great thinkers, philosophers, inventors, craftsman, architects, etc. Russia is the bear, it will always be a bear because its people can survive the harshest conditions. As Russia gets back on its two feet, it would be prudent for Armenian officials to scratch the bear's back because it will be a force to reckon with.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X