Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Long live the Russian Federation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Long live the Russian Federation!

The days of potential Turkish aggression against us are over. not because they like us or something, but because they are trying to get into the EU and gain more legitimacy with the international community.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      The days of potential Turkish aggression against us are over. not because they like us or something, but because they are trying to get into the EU and gain more legitimacy with the international community.
      Do you really believe that? How can you believe that?
      You know you are one of the fools in history who that no war could come because one of other alliance or organisation. History proved every one of them wrong and trust me it will prove you wrong as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
        Do you really believe that? How can you believe that?
        You know you are one of the fools in history who that no war could come because one of other alliance or organisation. History proved every one of them wrong and trust me it will prove you wrong as well.
        yes but world is a different place now, wars are becoming more and more outdated. That's why turkey joining the EU actually may be a good thing for us, as they will have to behave themselves no matter what.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post
          Russia is a military ally and most of Armenia's weapons come from Russia. I don't see NATO members offering weapons to Armenia. Armenia must deepen her ties with the EU, US as well as Iran, Arab states, India etc, but while NATO is on the side of Armenia's opponents, the current policy is the only one available.

As we know most ordinary Russians and Ukrainians don't know the difference between Armenian, Georgian, Abkhaz, 'Azerbaijani', Chechen, Daghestani, even Turkish,Kazakh, Uzbek, Kirghiz, Tatar etc. So Armenians can suffer racial harassment. That is very unpleasant for Armenians. But Russia will remain an ally as long as Turkey and Azerbaijan remain threats. If in 25-30 years these threats disappear, then it's a different matter. I don't want Turkish aircraft over Armenia's skies in exchange for empty promises from the EU!
          This is why Armenia must be ruled by a strong force. Why do people make so many stupid idiotic statements, it is in your blood to be biased towards Russians?

Russians seeing no difference between Armenians and Chechens? One thing I can tell you, I have lived a long time in my life in The Netherlands and I can easily state I have faced more racism during my stay in The Netherlands than when I was in Russia.

''Intellectuel'' Dutch people do not know a single thing about Armenians, they see us as Turks and prevent foreigners into getting high ranks in businesses, whereas Russians damn well know who Armenians are and where we come from. It is much easier to get well-paid and high-ranking jobs in Russia as they do not look at your ethnicity (and ofcourse a lot of businesses are owned by non-ethnic Russians).

When, when can you people stop being biased about Russians? I think you have watched to much media. I will suggest you to think for once.

Comment

yes but world is a different place now, wars are becoming more and more outdated. That's why turkey joining the EU actually may be a good thing for us, as they will have to behave themselves no matter what.
            You are one scary person. It's a shame you call yourself an Armenian. How can an Armenian state he is anti-Dashnak, be a fierce racist against Iranians (who are important allies) but believe in the ''goodness'' of Turks, ''as the days of aggression of these angels are over, and the islamic Erdogan wants to join the EU to have ''peace in the world'' and give hugs and kisses to everyone''.

Joining or not joingen the EU, the world is ruled by evil and the EU itself is one big source of injustice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
              You are one scary person. It's a shame you call yourself an Armenian. How can an Armenian state he is anti-Dashnak, be a fierce racist against Iranians (who are important allies) but believe in the ''goodness'' of Turks, ''as the days of aggression of these angels are over, and the islamic Erdogan wants to join the EU to have ''peace in the world'' and give hugs and kisses to everyone''.

Joining or not joingen the EU, the world is ruled by evil and the EU itself is one big source of injustice.
              So in order to be an Armenian you have to be pro-Dashnak? Where did you get that BS from? There are plenty of patriotic Armenians that don't agree with the politics of the Dashnaks, many in Armenia. Second, I'm not a racist against Iranians, and I really don't know where you got that from. I have many Iranian friends, and actually some of my closest friends are Iranian, and I find our partnership with them very valuable. I only disagree when people say Armenians and Iranians are "brothers" which is not accurate. And yes I don't like the Iranian hooligans who conduct drug trade in Armenia or steal our women and force them to convert to Islam. This doesn't mean I'm "racist" against Iranians, so please chose your words carefully.

Third, I never said anything about the "goodness" of the Turks, I said that's it's unrealistic that they will consider attacking us by force given the circumstances, especially if they are in the EU. You really think Turkey would want to risk WW3 with Russia just to attack us? They may be dumb, but they are not that dumb.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post
                Russia is a military ally and most of Armenia's weapons come from Russia. I don't see NATO members offering weapons to Armenia. Armenia must deepen her ties with the EU, US as well as Iran, Arab states, India etc, but while NATO is on the side of Armenia's opponents, the current policy is the only one available.

As we know most ordinary Russians and Ukrainians don't know the difference between Armenian, Georgian, Abkhaz, 'Azerbaijani', Chechen, Daghestani, even Turkish,Kazakh, Uzbek, Kirghiz, Tatar etc. So Armenians can suffer racial harassment. That is very unpleasant for Armenians. But Russia will remain an ally as long as Turkey and Azerbaijan remain threats. If in 25-30 years these threats disappear, then it's a different matter. I don't want Turkish aircraft over Armenia's skies in exchange for empty promises from the EU!
                Every Russian I've ever met knew very well who Armenians were and were very friendly towards Armenia. You've got racists everywhere and Russia is not an exception. The point is like Tigranakert has said that Armenians are treated like xxxx when they are in the West and almost no one knows who Armenians are and very few care.

Do you actually believe this BS. The Eu stood by and looked how they took over half of Cyprus and are still doing nothing, even with Cyprus being a member. Now look at Armenia not a member, tell me how much would they care if Turkey attacked Armenia? No one there would give a damn about Armenia.

Comment

So in order to be an Armenian you have to be pro-Dashnak? Where did you get that BS from? There are plenty of patriotic Armenians that don't agree with the politics of the Dashnaks, many in Armenia. Second, I'm not a racist against Iranians, and I really don't know where you got that from. I have many Iranian friends, and actually some of my closest friends are Iranian, and I find our partnership with them very valuable. I only disagree when people say Armenians and Iranians are "brothers" which is not accurate. And yes I don't like the Iranian hooligans who conduct drug trade in Armenia or steal our women and force them to convert to Islam. This doesn't mean I'm "racist" against Iranians, so please chose your words carefully.

Third, I never said anything about the "goodness" of the Turks, I said that's it's unrealistic that they will consider attacking us by force given the circumstances, especially if they are in the EU. You really think Turkey would want to risk WW3 with Russia just to attack us? They may be dumb, but they are not that dumb.
                  You made one good point.

You really think Turkey would want to risk WW3 with Russia just to attack us?

No, because of the Russian Federation they won't, whether Turkey is in the European Union or not.

Comment

You think a EU member country can just attack when they feel like? Rules are different when you're part of the EU, and Turkey won't risk their partnership (or membership) in the EU just to attack Armenia. In the early 90s of course Russia was the big deterrent for Turkey not joining.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                      Every Russian I've ever met knew very well who Armenians were and were very friendly towards Armenia. You've got racists everywhere and Russia is not an exception. The point is like Tigranakert has said that Armenians are treated like xxxx when they are in the West and almost no one knows who Armenians are and very few care.
                      Obviously any post-Soviet person will know Armenians. We were in the same country for 100 years!!! Plus you go to countries with a sizable Armenian diaspora (France) and many will know what Armenia is.

I would argue Armenians are treated better in Europe than in Russia. I know many Armenians who been physically abused and killed by Russian skinheads, and some of the discrimination is blatantly racist. I actually have relatives living in Russia who've been targeted many times. I too fear ever stepping foot in Russia as I don't want to be targeted by skin heads, as I look like someone from the Caucasus or even middle east.

Do you actually believe this BS. The Eu stood by and looked how they took over half of Cyprus and are still doing nothing, even with Cyprus being a member. Now look at Armenia not a member, tell me how much would they care if Turkey attacked Armenia? No one there would give a damn about Armenia.
                      EU back then was a much, much weaker power and influence there was little it could do. However, in the present day, at least EU has the balls to criticize Turkey for its human rights, genocide denial, etc. Russia has been getting cozy with Turkey on the other hand, and with their sub-par human rights history and interest in solid relations with Turkey I doubt they will criticize Turkey like that.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X