Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Long live the Russian Federation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Long live the Russian Federation!

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
    My understanding is that Turkish aircraft are allowed to fly over Armenia as part of a reciprocal agreement.
    in case it was that hard to understand, I was referring to UNAUTHORIZED MILITARY overflights, the type that has been going on for years over Greek islands close to Turkey

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    The days of potential Turkish aggression against us are over. not because they like us or something, but because they are trying to get into the EU and gain more legitimacy with the international community.
    it is true that if Turkey ever joins the EU it may become less aggressive. In general Turkey joining (or aspiring to join) the EU means that they have to improve their human rights, so this is positive. The same can be said of Armenia. Armenia's oligarchs need to be controlled and EU rules are bound to restrict their freedom to violate the law. As we know liberal Russians also want their country modernized to make sure the law applies equally to everyone.
    Last edited by lampron; 11-11-2010, 10:15 AM.

Comment

EU in general is a positive influence for the greater influence, it subdues Turkey, promotes democratic change and reduction of oligarchs (which are a very big problem for Armenia and need to be dealt with!!). I must say all these oligarchs care is their money, they would sell Armenia if it meant gaining more profit. Disgusting people and leftovers of the Soviet Union, hopefully one day we can rid our country of these bastards.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

yes but world is a different place now, wars are becoming more and more outdated. That's why turkey joining the EU actually may be a good thing for us, as they will have to behave themselves no matter what.
        Yes, and if Turkey joins the EU, they will also secure their borders. Then I'll tell you "forget Western Armenia for good" and I'll tell Kurds, "well, at least you got Iraqi Kurdistan." But I don't think Turkey will ever enter the EU. Instead, Turkey is investing in future plans, organizations, which they plan on leading. Turkey is not a settled economy. It's a growing economy, it's still a teenager, and it's choosing its path right now. Instead of thinking about [wishing for] Turkey's failure, how about we give credit to Turkey and look at their achievements over their failures for once? I personally don't think Turkey needs the EU.

Turkic union is an option. Of course, Russia won't let the Turkic union happen. The CIS has most of the Turkic states anyway (and it doesn't look like that's gonna change anytime soon). It's a plan that's doomed to fail today, but invest now, give it about half a century, and you will begin to see fruits if you're unlucky (a forest if you're lucky). Then there's neo-Ottomanism. Now, all this seems like it's wishful thinking on the part of Turkey, but we must consider them nevertheless, along with their more realistic goals, and plan ahead accordingly.

First, I don't think the idea of a Turkish invasion is outdated. Forced/encouraged assimilation is the best weapon Turkey and Azerbaijan have against Armenians: make sure Armenia doesn't develop economically, encourage its population to leave. Give them no hope. Assimilation elsewhere will happen one day or another. Steer the river to let them eliminate themselves. This is part of the war, too. (Of course, this hasn't proven too good for Turks so far, since we have developed the 3rd largest lobby in the USA as a result of this policy, counterbalancing the damage caused by the loss of assimilated/intermingled Armenians).

I also don't think wars are outdated. They are just more sugar-coated with "politics." Or you can put it this way: wars are no longer fought exclusively on the field like they used to: economy and information are also battlefields today, and that is the war Azerbaijan is fighting against us today, and we're not doing so good. Traditional wars are also happening all over the world, right under our noses, and no one knows xxxx, or are misled to concentrate on other "major news" things while it's going on. The Nagonoro-Karabakh war was extremely violent, massive, and it could have led to a much bigger war if super powers got involved (some even extend it to a cause of WWIII) -- and this threat is not gone until the conflict is settled (in fact, if the NK war resumes, it will be more catastrophic on the international scale than it was 20 years ago in my opinion). But ask an American if they've heard of Nagorno-Karabakh. 95% will probably answer, "no." The whole world knows Lady Gaga though.

Wars are not dead. Iraq was not the last war. There have, and will be others to follow it (we saw rising tensions between USA and Iran recently). WWIII could happen in the 21st century. Pretending it's impossible and acting accordingly is futile. If an event like WWIII happens (the worst case scenario), and Turkey (+Azerbaijan) managed to reach the direction that they want to by that time (whether it be Turkic union, neo-Ottomanism, EU, etc), what does Armenia do? Which side does Armenia take? If it takes no sides, stays unprotected, then believe me, an invasion by Turkey is very likely, and Karabakh will be their sugar-coating casus belli for their true intentions (if enmity between us has continued till then).

So what do we do? Russia is not exactly what I wish it was, but Russia has proven to be loyal to Armenia more than any other state so far. Although I'm tempted to welcome Iranian support, I don't like siding with USA's current "enemy." I have no solid opinion on EU -- France betrayed Armenia during/around the time of WWI (although, today it shows itself as supporting Armenians to a certain extent), Germany is closer to Turkey, UK has $deals$ with Azerbaijan, the rest of Europe is neutral at best. No, a state that recognized the Armenian Genocide will not "definitely" side with Armenia on other issues (i.e.: "WWIII"). USA is on Turkey's side for now. Yup. I'm going to have to agree: Long live the Russian Federation!

Then again, there's China
        Last edited by SevSpitak; 11-16-2010, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Didn't wanna create a new thread just on this topic. A massive demonstration of disgruntled Slavic Russians, Russian futbol fans, nationalists and Neo-Nazis took place a few days ago in Moscow following the death of a futbol fan shot by police, I believe. Following link has tons of great shots of it, of which I will post a few. View them all here

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

im angry about it cause its usually stupid people with stupid ideologies that has nothing to do with the real reason for protest.

Comment

It's not that safe any more for Armenians to roam Moscow streets safely and freely...even my own relatives have been targeted by these a**holes
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Ագռավների երամի մեջ արծիվն էլ է խեղճանում:

Ամեն թռչուն/մարդ իր երամում պիտի լինի, իսկ եթե գնացել է այլ երկիր փող աշխատելու ապա աշխատելուց հետո պիտի վերադառնա , եթե չի ոզում որ աշխատածը ծեծելով ձեռքից առնելով երկրից քշեն, իչպես որ Ռուսաստանում են անում:

Comment

some Armenians are ok in Russia, others are not
                  Those better integrated, probably are not targeted
                  Many Russians see no difference between Armenian, "Azeri", Daghestani, Abkhaz, Chechen,
                  Ingush, Georgian, Tajik, Turkmen, Uzbek, Kabardin...
                  A lot of angry people in Russia, people struggling with living standards
                  They vent their anger at migrant workers

Comment

and government is not doing enough to punish those bastards...
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

and government is not doing enough to punish those bastards...
                      They are doing something. They arrested 1000 people as a pre-emptive measure yesterday so that there would not be another planned demonstration. Don't forget that this last protest did not only consist of Neo-Nazis. It was actually triggered after a futbol fan was shot dead and included many different segments of society. It's just that the skinheads overshadowed the demonstration.

And on what charges could they be punished? Rioting? That's gonna keep them in jail for barely for a few months (if not less?) which is probably more than what rioters get in the West.
                      Last edited by Federate; 12-16-2010, 09:07 AM.
                      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Working...
                      X