Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Bashar al-Assad, Syria and the Armenian people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Danger of Syrian Situation

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    Genocide of Armenians? Can you provide some sources?
    He means the war caused the collapse of the Armenian community of Iraq since they all pretty much moved out.

The pro-NATO interventionist opposition are scum and I would never support them. Assad is not targeting civilians per se but he is actively fighting the so-called "Free Syrian Army" who use urban warfare. Casualties will naturally (*sigh at the word*) be high among civilians. There have been hundreds soldiers from the Syrian Armed Forces who have died in the conflict for example. Anyway, i'm in contact with Armenians in Haleb and the situation there is calm according to them and much of the "direness" is exaggerated. The Armenian community has been safe under Assad and the majority supports the government. Assad had grown close to Turkey but he had also always remained close to Armenia. How many Arab leaders visit Armenia these days? The peaceful opposition's (one that is not a NATO/Qatari/Turkish/Saudi puppet) role should be to put pressure on Assad to adopt reforms. If Assad falls and the Burhan Ghalioun led SNC come to power, I believe this will cause the biggest shift in Middle Eastern geopolitics since the 1979 Iranian Revolution. And I don't say that as a good thing.
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Re: Bashar al-Assad, Syria and the Armenian people

Based on my own research, here are some of the regional and non-regional actors of the Syria issue based on where they stand.

Pro-government
      Hezbollah, Iran, China, Russia.

Anti-government
      Muslim Brotherhood, NATO, Qatar, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and most of the Arab dictators.

Undecided or unclear
      Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Iraq, Lebanon.

Notes:
      - Palestinian organisations Hamas and Islamic Jihad are both headquartered in Syria and have remained silent on the issue possibly due to newly-elected Muslim Brotherhood influence from Tunisia, Libya and Egypt.
      - Iraq and Lebanon (along with Yemen) were the only 3 countries in the Arab League that voted not to kick out Syria from the organisation. Lebanon and Yemen voted NO and Iraq abstained.
      - Hezbollah is highly dependent of Syria for its arms and money supply as well as political backing.
      - The Syrian opposition is headquartered primarily in Turkey but also in Jordan and Europe. Draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Our only real friends in Arab world are Lebanon and Assad's Syria. Many of the other Sunni Arab countries are pro-Azeri/Turkish.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

All the progovernment factions are our friends, lol
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

All the progovernment factions are our friends, lol
            Indeed.

Finally, there's the position of Israel. I think i'd put them with anti-government. Both sides of the conflict have used the "they are friends with Israel" excuse but given the Assad government's backing of anti-Israel groups, I think it's unlikely that Assad is seeking friends there. Also take this into consideration: the SNC's leader Burhan Ghalioun has pledged to break off all Syrian ties with Hezbollah, Iran and Hamas (which has stayed neutral officially) and has pledged to negotiate with Israel on getting back the Golan Heights peacefully.

Comment

Another testament to the fact that Sunnis often are against our interests. It seems Shia's have treated Christians better.
              I don't think it's as simple as that. Azerbaijan for instance is Shiite (although secular) and is contrary to Armenian interests. Assad actually belongs to the Alawi sect, an offshoot of Shiite Islam which has a large following in Syria.

What do you guys think of Assad's violent crackdown? I think it’s hard to deny that he is committing human rights violations, though the severity of which might be exaggerated. Do you genuinely support his actions, or is he simply a necessary evil, that is a preferred option over the western pro Turkish puppets who will likely destroy the Armenian community?
              To me he is the lesser of two evils. I am sure that if the opposition ends up toppling Assad there will still be chaos in Syria and an all-out civil war.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
                I don't think it's as simple as that. Azerbaijan for instance is Shiite (although secular) and is contrary to Armenian interests. Assad actually belongs to the Alawi sect, an offshoot of Shiite Islam which has a large following in Syria.

To me he is the lesser of two evils. I am sure that if the opposition ends up toppling Assad there will still be chaos in Syria and an all-out civil war.
                Azerbaijan's Shia-ness is borderline laughable. They take their orders/influence from Turkey anyway.

Part of the opposition is also highly sectarian and they are bent on genocidal "revenge" against the Alawis for being in power even though Syria is a secular country. Assad must be given time to usher in reforms, the pressure is on him and he will surely do so in order to survive. Lots of concessions have been given by the Assad government, more so than any other Arab dictatorship.

Comment

Pro-Syrian government demonstration in Yerevan, Armenia

Comment

Azerbaijan's religion is Turanism and the saviour Aliyev. They are the poorest excuse for Muslim you can find and actually most are irreligious and just use Islam as an anti-Armenian tool.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                      Pro-Syrian government demonstrations in Yerevan, Armenia
                      Are these Syrian-armenians?
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X