Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Migration (Artagaxt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian Migration (Artagaxt)

Blaming the economy for the lack of natural reproduction is inaccurate. As a matter of fact a strong economy leads to lower birth rates. A interesting study done in Sweeden points in the right direction when it comes to raising birthrates. The secret to raising the birthrate is providing equality to women so that having a child is not as much of a burden. The study found that birth rates went up as more women were presented with better and cheaper options for daycare, and more stability at work where they would not be risking their career by having a baby. By implementing such basic social changes Sweeden has managed to significantly raise its natural reproduction rate. The issues of emigration and immigration are separate issues.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Blaming the economy for the lack of natural reproduction is inaccurate. As a matter of fact a strong economy leads to lower birth rates. A interesting study done in Sweeden points in the right direction when it comes to raising birthrates. The secret to raising the birthrate is providing equality to women so that having a child is not as much of a burden. The study found that birth rates went up as more women were presented with better and cheaper options for daycare, and more stability at work where they would not be risking their career by having a baby. By implementing such basic social changes Sweeden has managed to significantly raise its natural reproduction rate. The issues of emigration and immigration are separate issues.
      It's not strong economy but high level of education that lowers birthrates. Armenia's population is generally educated but coupled with bad economy this leads to low birthrates.

I also agree with the study. If there were more families, even in Armenia, where both the mother as the father has a job. These families would be able to raise more children, but also think there is a problem of there not being enough jobs in Armenia.

Comment

The economy does effect birthrates Tsov. People in less developed economies see their children (especially males) as their security into old age and therefore have many children to ensure their own security. In more developed economies where there is a pension plan or social security or simply more wealth, this concern is less of an issue thus the demand for children is much diminished. Having children is very much an economic issue.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
          I think you're being too optimistic man, by most accounts Armenia's birthrate is 1.4-1.7
          There's no way the population is growing through natural growth. Looking at the population, looking at the people attending political rallies today compared to 25 years ago, it's undeniable how the population has aged. Talking to people there, people just can't afford to have more than 1 kid most of the time. Seeing how cities like Gymuri and Vanadzor have decreased in size. The reason UN data and CIA facts data, and all of that are false is because they're based on government data. This is true for both Armenia and Azerbaijan, but I would say more so for Azerbaijan because everything is more restricted and population decline is not a big talking point. But anyway I hope we had better reliable data. But for the time being, I have a hard time believing the government numbers

There's a lot of reasons I'm certain Azerbaijan's population is way below 9 or 10 million.
          The population of Azerbaijan at independence (minus Armenians) was only 6.6 million with 5.8 million ethnic Azeris (Soviet Census-1989)

Despite the evidence to the contrary, the government of Azerbaijan claimed that by 2000 this population had increased to 8 million. Meanwhile population across the former soviet union was decreasing. Azerbaijan hadn't received a cent of oil revenue yet, it's economy was in pieces,it had just lost a war, and it had a major refugee problem

"In January 2000, Azerbaijan had an official population of 8,016,000, although this figure could actually be less than 5 million."

That along with the discrepancies in current government data, seems to confirm that the current population is just bs

I mean, it just doesn't make any logical sense that a country whose population was 6.6 million 25 years ago, has in fact had a population growth of 30-50%, while the rest of the Soviet union has had massive decline. And we haven't even discussed the fact that up to 1 million the 6 million are minorities, including the salafis. In fact, if there is any population growth is in the backward salafi parts of the country, where the people are of greater danger to Azerbaijan than to Armenia.
          Exactly. And I did notice something

Armenias population:3 million
          military size: 46,000

Azerbaijans population (supposedly): 9 million
          military size:66,000

If you compare the population, the military manpower should have a very large difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            Lol, no Haykakan. They increased gender equality, and lowered any pay gap that could possibly exist, in order to increase financial security for women. Feeling equal is not gonna make you want to have another child. They increased financial security through lowering pay gaps, providing benefits, and gender equality which made having children less of a burden on women's jobs and careers. It has everything to do with the economy and society. Having a stable economy will raise birthrates as long as women can benefit from that stable economy,
            Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
              I think you're being too optimistic man, by most accounts Armenia's birthrate is 1.4-1.7
              There's no way the population is growing through natural growth. Looking at the population, looking at the people attending political rallies today compared to 25 years ago, it's undeniable how the population has aged. Talking to people there, people just can't afford to have more than 1 kid most of the time. Seeing how cities like Gymuri and Vanadzor have decreased in size. The reason UN data and CIA facts data, and all of that are false is because they're based on government data. This is true for both Armenia and Azerbaijan, but I would say more so for Azerbaijan because everything is more restricted and population decline is not a big talking point. But anyway I hope we had better reliable data. But for the time being, I have a hard time believing the government numbers

There's a lot of reasons I'm certain Azerbaijan's population is way below 9 or 10 million.
              The population of Azerbaijan at independence (minus Armenians) was only 6.6 million with 5.8 million ethnic Azeris (Soviet Census-1989)

Despite the evidence to the contrary, the government of Azerbaijan claimed that by 2000 this population had increased to 8 million. Meanwhile population across the former soviet union was decreasing. Azerbaijan hadn't received a cent of oil revenue yet, it's economy was in pieces,it had just lost a war, and it had a major refugee problem

"In January 2000, Azerbaijan had an official population of 8,016,000, although this figure could actually be less than 5 million."

That along with the discrepancies in current government data, seems to confirm that the current population is just bs

I mean, it just doesn't make any logical sense that a country whose population was 6.6 million 25 years ago, has in fact had a population growth of 30-50%, while the rest of the Soviet union has had massive decline. And we haven't even discussed the fact that up to 1 million the 6 million are minorities, including the salafis. In fact, if there is any population growth is in the backward salafi parts of the country, where the people are of greater danger to Azerbaijan than to Armenia.
              I mistook birthrate for growth rate, thats not being optimistic thats the opposite lol. Growth rate is 0.2. Country is literally not growing.
              Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Sweden fertility rate is only 1.88 Haykakan and bear in mind that Sweden even has a large immigrant population and they're mostly Middle Eastern.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
                  Lol, no Haykakan. They increased gender equality, and lowered any pay gap that could possibly exist, in order to increase financial security for women. Feeling equal is not gonna make you want to have another child. They increased financial security through lowering pay gaps, providing benefits, and gender equality which made having children less of a burden on women's jobs and careers. It has everything to do with the economy and society. Having a stable economy will raise birthrates as long as women can benefit from that stable economy,
                  How is what you said different then what I said?
                  Fed the point was there is a way to increase natural reproduction rates and that way was giving women equal access to careers and opportunities without hindering motherhood. This was done by mking good childcare affordable and available also removing any penalties for being a mom like losing your job because you took too much time off to care for your baby etc..
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

When I was in Australia I found out that the government gives incentives (5000 cash) for having kids and if the woman can't work they pay her until the kids are over 16. All medical covered.

How did China become so populated?
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                      When I was in Australia I found out that the government gives incentives (5000 cash) for having kids and if the woman can't work they pay her until the kids are over 16. All medical covered.

How did China become so populated?
                      You lived in Australia?

Comment

Working...
                      X