Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Politics Vol. 2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenian Politics Vol. 2

Originally posted by Armenian
    If and when Syria falls, the destruction of Iran will be the next long term plan. With Syria and Iran out of the equation, the west (namely USA) and Israel will be able to control politics and economy of the region from north Africa to central Asia. I know Russia and China fear this prospect. It will be interesting to see how Russia will react, if an when Syria is endangered.
    The Russian reaction will be indeed interesting to see since it will have an affect (although not a huge one) on Armenia’s stance on these issues as well. But regardless of Russia’s reaction we should never allow Americans to use us to damage Iran. Prospect of a weak Iran and a possibility of a puppet government in Tehran isn’t good for us at all.

On our north we already have pro-American clowns calling them selves the Georgian government. Yet, despite they are clowns, what they do isn't funny at all. They are treating our people in Javakhq with utter contempt and taking one political and social step after another to make their life there even worse and by doing these things they (Tbilisi) are asking for trouble, which they won't have to wait for too long to get. Hopefuly their Azeri lovers will join them so we can do both of them at once. Right now though, the attention of the Georgian “government” is directed on South Ossetia and Abkhazia, which has a large Armenian population.

No doubt America has prepared a similar clown government led by a “sincere and patriotic leader” for us too and is waiting for the right time to unleash these demons on us and start another “colorful revolution” but this time in Yerevan.
    Last edited by HayotzAmrotz; 07-28-2006, 08:03 PM.

Re: War in The Middle East

Originally posted by HayotzAmrotz
    No doubt America has prepared a similar clown government led by a “sincere and patriotic leader” for us too and is waiting for the right time to unleash these demons on us and start another “colorful revolution” but this time in Yerevan.
    I fully agree.

That's why I always try to caution those who call for a social revolution within Yerevan because they don't like the way its being run. As far as I'm conserned, thank God for Sarkissian, Kocharyan and Oskanian, as imperfect as they are they are the best we have right now. Any change of the status-quo within Yerevan today would be very detrimental for Armenia's future in the region. The threat however is real and it exists in Yerevan. Those US State Department financed NGOs and various American 'news' organizations like "Armenianow" are working very hard to bring about a 'pro-democracy' revolution in Armenia.

Most Armenians are clueless about real politics. I'm glad you are here.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was just forwarded this message, its a bit scary.

Israel's Government has thrown its weight behind efforts by supporters to counter what it believes to be negative bias and a tide of pro-Arab propaganda. The Foreign Ministry has ordered trainee diplomats to track websites and chatrooms so that networks of US and European groups with hundreds of thousands of xxxish activists can place supportive messages.

In the past week nearly 5,000 members of the World Union of xxxish Students (WUJS) have downloaded special “megaphone†software that alerts them to anti-Israeli chatrooms or internet polls to enable them to post contrary viewpoints. A student team in Jerusalem combs the web in a host of different languages to flag the sites so that those who have signed up can influence an opinion survey or the course of a debate.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

The threat however is real and it exists in Yerevan. Those US State Department financed NGOs and various American 'news' organizations like "Armenianow" are working very hard to bring about a 'pro-democracy' revolution in Armenia.
        The threat is very real, eghbair. You have rightly identified the State Deps “NGOs” and American “news” organizations, especially “armenianow” of “good ol’ Johnny boy”, but there are many, many others. For example the Jehovah’s Witnesses these liars who operate in the name of God, these soul snatchers whos purpose is to undermine and damage our Apostolic Church AND also our National Army.
        Last edited by HayotzAmrotz; 07-28-2006, 10:19 PM.

Comment

I fully agree.

That's why I always try to caution those who call for a social revolution within Yerevan because they don't like the way its being run. As far as I'm conserned, thank God for Sarkissian, Kocharyan and Oskanian, as imperfect as they are they are the best we have right now. Any change of the status-quo within Yerevan today would be very detrimental for Armenia's future in the region. The threat however is real and it exists in Yerevan. Those US State Department financed NGOs and various American 'news' organizations like "Armenianow" are working very hard to bring about a 'pro-democracy' revolution in Armenia.

Most Armenians are clueless about real politics. I'm glad you are here.
          I agree with you, but i don't see how you like Kocharyan, maybe his good at keeping the westerners out, but when it comes for his people, his nothing, but maybe thats what important today and right now?

But given the October 27, 1999 event, Kocharyan can xxxx himself, Vazgen was actually doing something, people really loved him...and to think that event was work of 3 man, is just bullxxxx.

And when i said revolution in the other thread, i nowhere meant pro-democracy American xxxx, but a peoples person.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen
            I agree with you, but i don't see how you like Kocharyan, maybe his good at keeping the westerners out, but when it comes for his people, his nothing, but maybe thats what important today and right now?

But given the October 27, 1999 event, Kocharyan can xxxx himself, Vazgen was actually doing something, people really loved him...and to think that event was work of 3 man, is just bullxxxx.

And when i said revolution in the other thread, i nowhere meant pro-democracy American xxxx, but a peoples person.
            Kocharyan's administration has many faults but its the best we have under the circumstances. I am glad that official Yerevan today has managed to foster close ties with Russia and Iran at the same time keeping good relations with EU and America. I am also glad that they are not kissing Turkish a-s-s. Under their leadership the Armenian borders are secure, Armenian society is stable and safe, and the economy keeps growing. These are the fumdamental things that I expect a goverment to provide. As far as corruption is concerned, it wont dissapear anytime soon because it is deeply embedded within the people's phychology. We need at least a couple of generations to negate the corruption level in Armenia.

I am not very upset about what happened on ctober 27, 1999. That was most likely a Russian operation to eliminate pro-American (pro-Paul Goble plan) officials in Armenia. Vazgen Sarkissian and Karen Demirjian were as corrupt as anyone else. As a mater of fact, I know quite a few Yerevantsis and Artsakh veterans that would have killed Sarkissian by themselves had the been given the chance. It seems that only the uneducated class in Armenia actually believed in Vazgen Sarkissian. Nonetheless, you are making something out of someone who was not a good politician at all nor was he a true Armenian patriot. Nonethelss, the assassinations had to do with region's superpower politics, so it is was over our head to discuss.

Bottom line:

Armenia today is actually one of the safest countries in the world

Armenian society is stable unlike most others in the region

Armenia has secure borders due to its strong military and alliances

Armenia has good political/economic/military relations with Russia and Iran

Armenia has bad relations with Turkey and Azerbaijan, thank God

Armenian economy is growing gradually and Yerevan is blossoming

Corruption in Armenia is gradually decreasing

Most importantly:

This is absolutely no time for revoultion within Armenia. Revolution in Yerevan is what USA wants, what Ankara wants, what Baku wants, what Tblisi wants, what Tel Aviv wants. I will not shed a single tear if all the revolution seekers in Armenia get beaten to a pulp by the authorities. I suggest you "revolution" folks to grow up for a change, there is a time and place for everything.

Anyway, this topic does not belong in this thread, please discuss it elsewhere.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Kocharyan is also the one during the meeting in Bucharest in June, that has been negotiating with Azerbaijan and in the exchange is alot of territories that is now occupied by Armenians. Why would Armenian loving president do that? All that fighting and bloodshed was for nothing if you ask me.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by HayotzAmrotz
                Right now though, the attention of the Georgian “government” is directed on South Ossetia and Abkhazia, which has a large Armenian population.
                Being honest I wouldn’t mind to see this conflict growing and getting out of control. There is going to be a lot of angry Russians all over Georgian asses. In short term this may be critical for Armenia; however, we could end up with the autonomy in Javakhq.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                  Kocharyan is also the one during the meeting in Bucharest in June, that has been negotiating with Azerbaijan and in the exchange is alot of territories that is now occupied by Armenians. Why would Armenian loving president do that? All that fighting and bloodshed was for nothing if you ask me.
                  At first it was scary when Minsk group disclosed negotiation details. However, there is a difference between negotiating something and actually doing it. I think what you saying was just part of the politics and Kocharyan knew from the beginning that negotiation process going nowhere. After all, Kocharyan was the one who stepped up for Ter Petrosyan who was about to sell liberated territories.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    Its only politics. They have to give lip service and show that they are working towards a "just" settlement. In reality, there is no chance in hell that Kocharyan and company is going to give up lands to Azeris. All parties involved know this, including the Azeris and Turks. They are simply dragging this out as far as possible for political reasons. Don't forget Kocharyan and Sarkissian are Artsakhtsis. Intent to give up lands was one of the reasons that almost cost Levon Ter Petrossian his life in 1998. No active Armenian politician in Yerevan today seriously talks about giving up lands. The war veterans in Armenia, Russians and Iranians would also not want Armenians giving up land. In a final settlement with Azeris, I only foresee giving up certain territories outside of Artsakh, Karvajar (Kelbajar) and Berddzor (Lachin). Dont listen to politicians just watch what they do.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                    X